• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Some spell questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Ok I need to know how to make the following spells, and would really appreciate it you could tell me which triggers to use, i just started mapmaking:

1. Thrash - Gives the hero a % chance to land 2 hits instead of one, the second one doing only 45% dmg (2 hits in the same time as 1 hit)
Lvl 1 - 17%
Lvl 2 - 26%
Lvl 3 - 35%
Lvl 4 - 40%

2. Counterattack - Gives a % chance to evade a hit, if the enemy misses (and it's a melee attack miss), the hero with counterattack returns X dmg. It would also be nice to know how to make text appear showing Counterattack: X dmg! once it works...
Lvl 1 - 3%, 20 dmg
Lvl 2 - 7%, 40 dmg
Lvl 3 - 11%, 60 dmg
Lvl 4 - 15%, 100 dmg

3. Savage Strikes - Increases attack speed in favor of dealing less dmg (

Lvl 1 - 5% more speed, -5% of total dmg
Lvl 2 - 15% more speed, -10% of total dmg
Lvl 3 - 25% more speed, -25% of total dmg
Lvl 4 - 50% more speed, -35% of total dmg

4. Bloodthirst (ultimate ability) - After killing a unit, this hero's next hit does bonus dmg.

Lvl 1 - 25% more dmg
Lvl 2 - 50% more dmg
Lvl 3 - 75% more dmg

Level 4
1. Thrash - Gives the hero a % chance to land 2 hits instead of one, the second one doing only 45% dmg (2 hits in the same time as 1 hit)
Lvl 1 - 17%
Lvl 2 - 26%
Lvl 3 - 35%
Lvl 4 - 40%
this is just critical strike with a few mods... make it max level 4, then set (in the object manager under the abilities tab) "thrash" new custom spell based off of critical strike - 17/26/35/40 %crit chance to hit and set all 4 levels to 145% dmg (cant remember offhand might be 45%... if it says multiplier it is 1.45

sry but I'd have to open the manager to view the rest, dont have time for that right now... GL

side note: next time please post in the requests forum... generally you'll get more help there

Level 3
nono, the point is the hero is supposed to hit twice, not once with critical damage, so evasion and critical effects can affect either hit (of the 2 hits i mean)

Level 2
I think I can make...Thrash.
Counterattack, I dont know :? , but I can try.
Savage Strikes, is for a limited time:?:
And the ult...it can be some kinda easy. I will send u the map when I finish.
-Argante.

Level 2
You can make Savage Strikes with Defend skill, change attack speed to -0.xx, I dont know if it affects the damage u get but I dont care.
And there are 2 Counter Attack maps here, but I like this, but its WEU, and here is another one.
-Argante.

Level 13
ExpansionRod said:
4. Bloodthirst (ultimate ability) - After killing a unit, this hero's next hit does bonus dmg.

Lvl 1 - 25% more dmg
Lvl 2 - 50% more dmg
Lvl 3 - 75% more dmg

You should do this,

- Generic unit kill a unit

- Check level of ability bloodthirst for killing unit not equal to 0
(it means the killing unit has bloodthirst ability)

- Create dummy unit and order it to cast inner fire on the killing unit, of course you should edit the inner fire ability. Make it so the buffs take 0 second duration, it means forever.

Then make another trigger.

- A unit are attacked
- Check attacking unit has buff Inner Fire (Custom) is true.
- then wait several second
(make sure the hit have landed)
- remove the buffs Inner Fire (Custom)

Status
Not open for further replies.