• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Request: Healing Wave/Chain Lightning like spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Yo, im new here and im alsow rather new to WE but i can find my way through it ^^
I dont want this spell ready made for me, id prefer guidelines for how to make it tho.

The spell is like chain ligthning or healing wave, the function is that it damagaes some enemies and heals some friendlys too.
This is the lvl buildup on it.

lvl 1 75 dmg/heal 2 allies
lvl 2 175 dmg/heal 1 enemies and 3 allies
lvl 3 250 dmg/heal 2 enemies and 4 allies
lvl 4 300 dmg/heal 3 enemies and 5 allies

each bounce does 15% less heal/damage.
Alsow to make things easier, making it have to be targeted on enemies first.
Last thing, changing the projectile art to poison strike/shadow strike and the projectile being a little bit larger, alsow that laughing poison sound laughs each bounce ? if possible that is.

Level 4
The simpliest way I can think of is basing the spell off Ray of Disruption, and changing the missile art to Shadow Strike. The rest require extreme coding, and would need JASS and gamecache. I've already made a number of similar spells, but you have to wait until I finish my project.

Level 4
Im not sure exactly what you want but try creating two dummy units with a bounce attack that has shadowstrike art, one for the owner of the spell target and one for the owner of the casting unit. Set their range to about 600, and make them have negative hp regneration.

Level 11
Well... the idea would be to indeed create a dummy unit and move it to the position of the (Target Unit of Ability Being Cast) very smoothly. This requires Game Caches. Then when it is there, damage the target if it is enemy, or heal it if it is friend. Next, you pick a random unit around the target which either is friendly and damaged or simply enemy. Order the unit to move there and repeat the whole procedure until there are no units into the range. Once you are done, remove the dummy unit!

Of course... this requires JASS and will take some time to accomplish. And besides, the idea is pretty old. Good luck!

~Daelin

Status
Not open for further replies.