• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Dota 2: Open Role Playing Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Tq so much
Now on epic war @.@
That will make so famous
hohohoho....
lol. let me know if you found any bugs.

The only thing that i don't like are those fat guys(NPCs 'n' vendors), they're all the same.
true, it's for the sake of size efficiency usage rather than using multiple different npc models.

Level 11
not bugs but some grammar error :eek:,at radiant village, bob should be saying can you troll them back not can you trolling them back and at the village where there are lvl 5 dark trolls, when you didn't meet the requirements, they say requirement not meet but they should be saying requirement not met O:

Level 7
Tested it. It was fun and had an awesome experience. It was like I was playing DotA 2 itself. May I have a question? I've been wanting to have the circle thingy on the origin effect when you select a hero. Did you made it? If not, can you link me to the resource?

Level 12
Nice map! played it in single player and had a lot of fun.

anyway, i'm trying to play it with my sister, when she pick the hero first, i can't pick anymore, and if i pick first, she can't. Something must be wrong with the multiplayer.

another thing is, the Furbolg always run away after he cast Frenzy twice and didn't attack me after he get back to his position and after that, the process recommences.

Last edited:
Level 1
Nice map! played it in single player and had a lot of fun.

anyway, i'm trying to play it with my sister, when she pick the hero first, i can't pick anymore, and if i pick first, she can't. Something must be wrong with the multiplayer.

There must be something wrong with the trigger when you choose a hero that andrea forgot to fix... and the bad news, she is busy and can't update the map.

Level 9
I'm a hardcore dota and dota 2 player, this map does looks promising and will be a great map if put enough effort into it
Pros +
-great cartoony terrain
-the models are awsome HD as fuck
-funny quest storyline
-has that dota 2 atmosphere (when playing without sounds)

Cons - ( Stuff you need to work on too improve this map)
-some of the spells are changed from the original
i know if it was intended please make it cooler
i know its just alpha but you should put alot of effort in the heroes spells
some of them are just bland IMO
if the spells are cool im sure people wouldnt get bored and cant get enough of it
-find someone that can trigger jass for you im sure it will be super awsome!
-add more ambient creatures and doodads to make the map more alive and vivid and fun to look at.
-custom sounds if you have spare of free spaces for them
hearing the trolls die sounds just bore me(although this isnt important)

Finaly
Goodluck with your map dont give up on it
Subscribing :)

Level 6
aegis of immortal actually has the same effect as ankh of reincarnation - which is a typical item that used in orpg. I would like to make aegis of immortal as rare item dropped from roshan said:
if the aegis is in rare why do i kill roshan?...i think it must be dropped always because roshan is hard to kill....then about the cooldown is very imba...you can kill roshan once in a game only cause the AEGIS is not Perishable..

Here is one also...the skills in dota is not really thrilling...i have a suggestion..

How about making an SKILL TREE?...i mean all skills of the heroes can be more upgraded into a different one like the CRYSTAL MAIDEN 2nd.... I SUGGEST..to make a version of it where it not only DEALING DAMAGE and stunning but also REDUCING ARMOR/SECOND to make it more killing skill.

About also SVEN'S 1st skill....its stun is aoe so how about the STUN MISSILE JUMPS to another point making an AOE STUN again.

Windrunner's 1st Skill...make a version of it where the arrow follows the target and while it is flying towards the enemy it also damages.

THATS ALL...

Level 12
so far i really like the design of this map with the terrain it uses and the fact that it is a multiplayer orpg im really impressed just be sure you dont leave it to basic such as be sure to use a complex save/load system and i would even suggest a custom damage engine just to make sure you control all evasions and crits yourself since most people do not like the way wc3 does it naturally.

Level 14
thank you for the compliments.

it's been quite a long time, but since now I've got my free time back, I'm going to revive this project again.
anyway, I think I need an experienced GUI/MUI coder as partner to help me made my work easier, and so I can more focus on map visual as well.

Level 30

it's been quite a long time, but since now I've got my free time back, I'm going to revive this project again.
anyway, I think I need an experienced GUI/MUI coder as partner to help me made my work easier, and so I can more focus on map visual as well.

Good luck and wow, its been revived...once again, good luck. Too bad Im not experience on GUI/MUI...

Level 19

I don't really want to join any project right now, but feel free to ask me if you need help with GUI!

Status
Not open for further replies.