• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Doodad x,y rotation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
rollangles1xp.jpg

How does this person rotate the x/y axis while its on flat ground?

I have done it so that it automatically rotates when it is on angled ground, but I don't understand how they have made it so that they can just edit the rotation at any point.

Level 15
2-P said:
Art - Max Roll Angle and Maximum Pitch Angle: These two properties can be very helpful when used right. They allow you to tilt the doodads along the X and Y axis of the terrain. In other words: you can rotate your doodad in 3 dimensions.
The values work in radians, so if you want to give the doodad a half rotation (180 degrees), you have to set one of the values to -3.14. -1.57 (-3.14/2) would be a 90 degrees rotation, -6.28 (-3.14*2) a full rotation and so on.
Yes, the values have to be negative. (To insert negative values you have to allow negative values under File>Preferences and you need to press shift while double-clicking on the value.

It's mentioned in the tutorial the image is found in.

You do it as a negative value. If I remember right for this field you will need to be holding shift before you start editing the value. there is actually two fields that could be edited for an angle.
Max Roll Angle
Maximum Pitch Angle
(both next to each other)
If you just add a positive value into the fields then that actually would be setting the max angles that go with the actual terrain heights.

Status
Not open for further replies.