• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Donkey Kong, Captain Falcon, King K Rool, and R.O.B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey, I just waited until someone has the idea I had months ago.:wink:

Anyway, fishbrains and my project hasn't come to an end and will never, so if you want you can look at it and maybe take some ideas.
I know the map sucks like its know, but it was pretty fun to fight with friends.

Just look at it and take what you want. I hope it helps.

(Wow, Deadnerzhul's Avatar doesn't look good above mine. ):wink:

Attachments

• mariofooty.w3x
    1.9 MB · Views: 65
Level 5
how far is this map form being finished. and when are you releasing it?
also do you need any icons for your map

Last edited:
Level 4
Right now I am just going back and deleting old hero spells and replacing them with new, complicated, trigger spells. I am just waiting on DK and Captain Olimar. Besides them the only hero who isn't' finished is cyndaquil/quilava/typhlosion.

Normally I would like icons, but the map can't fit much more.

Level 15
Right now I am just going back and deleting old hero spells and replacing them with new, complicated, trigger spells. I am just waiting on DK and Captain Olimar. Besides them the only hero who isn't' finished is cyndaquil/quilava/typhlosion.

Normally I would like icons, but the map can't fit much more.

Then what the hell is this nonsense with "Hey guys I'm quitting the map!?"

Edit: OH... that's someone ELSE'S project. My bad. And it's a shame to here that, sorry that it didn't go so well shell.[/OFFTOPIC]

Yeah, that sounds GREAT. Triggered spells=the shit. You my friend are really getting somewhere. If you want, since I haulted my Halo project (for now, it's not canceled!), I could do some terraining for you. I'm new to it, really, but I'm good at it. I don't use blizzard cliffs, I include height/tile variation, the whole shi-bang. Just offering, incase you want some help.

Level 4
Haha yea there is no way I would quit this project. All the time invested in it...
Well really all I need is more triggered spells. You are definitely right, they are way more interesting. As for the terain, I wouldn't want to waste your time, so don't do it for me. A footmen map is so simple that I think you would get bored.

Level 15
Alright, fine, but if you change your mind... give me a hollar' and I'll see what I can do to "trick out" your map. And remember, footmen wars or not, nice, realistic terrain ALWAYS beats normal blizzard quality stuffs.

Level 9
If you're interested, I made a Fox McCloud model.

I still have to make the gun, finish skinning, and animate him.

I did a lot of work tonight though.
The WIP skin is looking good!

I know some people could use him, and you told me to inform you if I made any Smash characters.

Attachments

• Fox McCloud.JPG
    Fox McCloud.JPG
    15.9 KB · Views: 647
  • Fox UVmapped.JPG
    Fox UVmapped.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 577
Level 15
You know... my avatar gives me an idea. Make an ability where, when cast, Luigi takes a huge gun mounted on his pelvis and BLOWS THE ENEMY AWAY! with a pelvic thrust.

Level 4
Models I'm waiting for:

DK - Murdermode
Olimar and Pikmin - Lord T
Mewtwo - mario 64
Fox - Electric Saiyan

Until then I'm out of work. I completed every single other hero. I'm done with triggered spells, almost every hero has at least one. Some heroes (like Samus) have 4 triggered spells. I guess I could make another race or two... or something...

Level 15
Some actual values would be lovely. I have good connection (Optimum Online @ US East) so I have no problem, unless there's some guy that lives in China or something that decides to play on US East.

Level 9
I'm happy to hear about the progress :)

I'm in finalizing stage now seeing as how I finished the animations about 30 minutes ago.
After I add the portrait, fix the collisions, and add attachment points, I'll model the gun which should not take long at all.

Then I'll be done and I'll move onto someone with Fal in their time (could be Captain Falcon or Fox's friend :p)

Level 4
You're the best. I heard you're also helping work on Mewtwo. You've helped so much.

I'll remove my current Wolf model, and give Fox all of Wolf's old moves to save room for the new models.

4 heroes to go.

CF > Falco IMO

The captain has been there since the beginning.

Last edited:
Level 9
Well, I can't say who, but a really close friend requested Captain Falcon so he's most likely my next project.

After him I'll make Falco for fun, for whoever needs him. He'll just be an edit of my Fox model.

I only did the uvmap for the Mewtwo :p

By the way, if you don't have a decent Link model, I have one that is okay.

Last edited:
Level 4
Wow I just saw the old beta version of this map I used like twice on the western portal. Someone hacked it, rigged it, and re-released it. I asked around and apparently people have been playing it. I didn't even have one single triggered spell. There were only 4 races...

Pros:
People actually liked the crappy beta?

Cons:
There are more than one version
People might judge my new one on the old crappy one

Level 9
Wow I just saw the old beta version of this map I used like twice on the western portal. Someone hacked it, rigged it, and re-released it. I asked around and apparently people have been playing it. I didn't even have one single triggered spell. There were only 4 races...

Pros:
People actually liked the crappy beta?

Cons:
There are more than one version
People might judge my new one on the old crappy one
That's good news;
Just first off, make your own forums and assure people that the official versions will only be released there.

You may want to release a version without the newest race so you will be able to have a quick update with a new race and new models.
In this version, I would provide the link to the boards, state that it's official, and include that it will be updated.

Good news is people are playing a rigged version, which gets annoying, so you will have fans for your official version with no problem.

I'm sure you can out-due this guy easily, and I (and I hope the other modelers :p) will be behind you 100% to make the map better than any other version.

By the way, was it protected?

Level 4
I'm talking about Murdermode's DK. He showed the first pictures of him to me over a month ago, and since then I've messaged him twice. The first time he said that he was almost done, and the second one he never responded to. I'm beginning to wonder if he will ever get finished.
He said he was only going to make the static model, too. No animations or anything.

Level 7
I have a good idea for Captain Falco's falcon punch. Make it a spell, Make an animation where he pulls his arm back and punches with it, also make the animation a spell animation, and when making the spell, trigger it to make a phoenix sfx on w/e arm he'll use for the spell, and then trigger it to make the phoenix disappear.

EDIT: Also, if you make a rigged hero or unit, make sure Tabuu is in it, A.K.A. The guy in signature and avatar, as hes from Super Smash Bros. Brawl. And another suggestion, make Donkey Kong's channel animation where he pulls back his fist, and starts spinning it, or make it his ready animation.

Level 4
I figured that it was Milkshape so I downloaded the program to look at it. It looks really 2 dimensional, it doesn't have a skin, and there are no animations. He put it up so I can animate it but it looks to me like I would be animating a stick figure.

lol-1.jpg

Level 7
yeah i would animate but i dont have time i just applied a shitty texture i made and posted it oh and to see the texture you must left click and then select texture and yes the model sucks really bad because it some of my first model and i didn't had any good side front reference picture to do it so i dont care if you dont like it.

Level 7
Hey Darebear I got a question about your characters... do you even have Meta Knight or King Dedede o_O?

Anyways, mario_64, good luck trying to get your Mewtwo model finished and animated cause its looks really flat and shouldn't it have a tail too?

Also, darebear, hopefully you can get your map finished before mine :grin:.

Level 9
Most of him his done, but I'm going to see if Lord_T can touch up the animations for me. I don't like the intervals that I set the animations at, so it'd take me some MDL editing to get them looking decent.

I'm going to send the model over to Lord_T and then I'm going to start on Captain Falcon.
I am very thankful that Lord_T is doing this for me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.