• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Does the lag at the end of the game indicate leaks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I'm working on an arcade-style map to import into my campaign. I play test it with the Test Map button, and when I'm done testing exit the game normally. When I exit, if I've been playing a while, it seems to lag a bit when exiting the program. Does this mean that my map leaks?

I've been pretty good at removing leaks (e.g. you can see my Battle for Tatooine map); but maybe I missed a few somewhere.

So my questions are:

1. Does this lag during the end of a play test mean that I have leaks.

2. Is there an easy way to search for leaks through complex code?

Level 21
Put the code into your map. (you can open it with notepad OR put it into the jass folder in jngpe and //! import it)
Say -LeakCheck ingame.

It will tell you the handle ID that will be allocated next every few seconds. If your map leaks, this number will keep increasing forever. Note that some kinds of leaks are not possible to avoid.

Attachments

• LeakCheck.j
    2 KB · Views: 64
Level 14
Put the code into your map. (you can open it with notepad OR put it into the jass folder in jngpe and //! import it)
Say -LeakCheck ingame.

It will tell you the handle ID that will be allocated next every few seconds. If your map leaks, this number will keep increasing forever. Note that some kinds of leaks are not possible to avoid.

I'm having some trouble getting this into my map. I should point out I know nothing of JaSS other than the custom scripts that people taught me to remove leaks and move units without interrupting orders and such.

I opened the file you sent me and copied and pasted it into the "Custom Script Code" in my map. I had no script in there already. When I save the map I get an error "Line 1016: Expected end of line" with a long series of "********" highlighted. Am I doing something wrong here?

Status
Not open for further replies.