• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Discussion] Your characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Share your characters here, might as well help each other out with feedback.

Here is the layout I used in my guide.
[stable]
tons of lore-------------------------------------------------------------------------
[c]
[stable]
Name:[c]Lerania[r]
Title:[c]Archdruid
[/stable]
[/stable]

tons of lore-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name:
Lerania

Title:
Archdruid

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Here's my first one.

Selengos
'The mortals of this world has more than once proved their unworthiness of wielding magic, I will ensure time does not repeat itself.'

Personality

Selengos is a relatively calm being, due his long lifetime and acquired wisdom. He is very loyal to his cause, not towards those he serve, he will change side without a second thought if it benefits his plans.
The only thing the stands above his cause in terms of priority, is his family. He often speaks in metaphors when communicating with mortals as he considers them uneducated children.
Overall seeming fairly normal to most people who meet him in his mortal form as he does not reveal his true face to strangers, if he is in his dragon form however.. you might as well fun for it.

Appearance

His dragon form is not really unique to the mortal eye, though seeing differences among his own kin is as natural for them as any other race, a tail might look gorgeous to a dragon but 'whatever' to a mortal. His dragon body size is quite astounding though, he is not too far from the Dragon Aspects in terms of size which is not really a surprise since he is an Ancient Wyrm.

His mortal form can be described a bit further though, like most Elves, he got long hair despite being a male. The color being blonde and his eyes green like a Blood Elf's. Due him being a more of a mage rather than some kind of primal dragon, his mortal shape is somewhat skinny and not muscular in some way. His clothing can change quite a bit depending on his intentions, if he travels to a big city he usually wears a expensive blue robe to keep common folk from bothering him due his seemingly high rank. Sometimes he dress very casually while going to an inn to gather some news from drunkards.

Backstory

Even while being a descendant of a one of the most powerful broods among the blue dragons, Selengos did not receive any kind of special treatment. He brought up just like the rest, even so he lived a relatively peaceful young life filled with studies. Usually not in form of books, the blue dragons had a focus on practical practice instead, as they were the most magically gifted creatures known on Azeroth they had high expectations to fulfill and they certainly didn't waste time. Selengos was exceptionally gifted in the magic arts, not the most powerful of his age but he was certainly very close, being among the top three at the very least. Malygos even observed the brood's progression himself, offering a few words of advice in the process, though this was rare and only happened once every few years.

When being around 3000 years old, the 'War of the Ancients' started and Selengos at the time had already reached a high position among his kin, serving just bellow Malygos himself. However having no political impact just yet, he just just a 'mere' powerhouse. As one of the more experienced dragons, he was to be among the ones that lead the charge in battle, not commanding, just being at the frontline. While he slayed many demons and elves, he got himself injured at multiple places. While his scales served well as protection, after hours of battle certain scales had received enough hits to become vulnerable, thus he crawled away from the battlefield to rest and heal. Not to mention that the Fel Hunters were highly effective versus the blue dragons, and they were frankly now prepared to deal with them with efficiency.
After that he spent more time studying and training, 'know thy enemy' was a term he learned to value in that battle.

In more recent times, he had seen countless wars waged by various races. Magic playing an important role in many of them, the most obvious one being the War of the Ancients due the Sunwell. Thus he agreed fully with Malygos's wish to remove magic completely from the mortals whom he deemed unworthy. Selengos fought violently to protect Malygos but eventually failed, however he held the line on his side of the battle, leaving piles of corpses around him.
While Malygos had failed, there were other means to achieve the same goal. Selengos offered his services to the Lich King whom planned to purge Azeroth from all life, which indirectly would wipe out the magic as well. He did not receive a title or authority over units, however he gained quite some political power as the Lich King valued him just about as much as Sindragosa in terms of power.
[c]

b397902d5cdacf4a57124ee8240a6314.png

(Mortal form)

True Name
Selengos

Mortal Name
Selen'dor Wildstrider

Title
Terror of the skies

Race
Blue Dragon (Ancient Wyrm),
High Elf (in mortal form)

Affiliation
Malygos, Lich King,
Himself & Family

Status
Alive

Relative(s)
Zaaneagosa (mate),
Zenagosa (daughter)

Alignment
Chaotic Good

Traits

Courteous
Always

Risk-Taking
Unheard of

Ambitious
Yes

Curious
No

Self-Controlled
Most of the time

Nurturing
Yes

Trusting
Mostly

Honest
Rarely lies

Loyal
No

Affectionate
Most of the time

Romantic
Very rare, but has happened

Flirty
Sometimes

Sympathetic
Rarely

Altruistic
Only towards his family

Optimistic
A bit

Observant
Yes

Logical
Mostly

Social
Yes

Level 9

" Demonology?.. Shadow Magic?.. Pyromancary?.. by the ever twisting voids of the nether.. i shall show you the true meaning of it!"
-Leo, During The raid of Stormwind

A member of the Shadowridges, a clan of orcs that revolves around dark magic in Old Draeneor, which was later ravaged by ogres. Leo was the only survivor at the attack, due to him being young. Later, he was adpoted by Guldan, who taught him demonic and shadow arts Leo was a powerful apprentice. Leo fought in the first and second wars, mudering and destroying human lives, until Guldan betrayed the horde and set out for the Tombs of Sargeras, Leo was among Gul'dan's warlocks taken, shortly after their arrival, Demons poured out and slaughtered the warlocks and gul'san, but Leo managed to escape and flee. He spent 40 years alone in Azeroth.. wandering..., his apperance is now no longer an orc, but a shadow of his former self..

Name:
Leo Akastenix

Title:
Archwarlock, Last Shadowridge
Traits:
Ambitious: Quite
Humorous: Rarely(clones usually)
Friendly: To allies
Creepy: mostly
Observant: Always
Self Controlled: Always
Sympathic: Allies only
Scarcastic: Always to enemies
Honesty: Barely lies, except for the good of others or to plan strategies.

Dislike: Paladins, Death Knights(Teron espically) and Weird creatures

Wip

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Another Leo, next level creativity.
Anyway.. when seeing the title "Archwarlock" made me think if that was the proper title used.
I can't come up with a title used by the greatest warlocks somehow.. I tried looking up some famous warlocks but found nothing regarding ranks.
I think I used "Grand Warlock" when I created my warlock but now when I think about it I am really not sure whether is correct o-o

Quite interesting.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Here's my second one.

Zaaneagosa
'Magic, the very alteration of reality. A tool easily abused, but managed by our kin'

Personality

WIP
Appearance

Being a broodmother, her body's size is remarkable. While it does not rival with the aspects themselves she is not very far away as she is considered a Wyrm among her kin.

Like most dragons, she takes the form of an Elf when shapeshifting into a mortal. The hair being being blonde and the eyes light blue.
Her body's slim like most if not all elves, though being a bit taller than average.
She usually wears rather elegant and expensive clothes as she considers appearance an high priority. The clothes grants her quite some respect even when traveling to Dalaran where she outdo most of the rather wealthy Archmages.

Backstory

Not soon after her egg being cracked open by herself, she was sent away from her mother and unknown father. While this is considered highly inappropriate by most races, dragons usually don't value their parents as much as a broodmother lay dozens of eggs at once and thus doesn't give each whelp as much attention as a human would to their usually single child. While being a newly born whelp in her true form, she was a teenager when transforming into a mortal's appearance. Dragons are conscious within their egg shells, thus they have plenty of knowledge upon birth abilities such as talking and well, magic were never needed to be taught, on a basic level that is.
Dalaran was her destination, her duty and goal was not to study or enjoy the scenery though, she was to grab all magical artifacts she could get her hands on, and if that wasn't possible, guard it from being misused.
However, she used the excuse 'I need a proper cover identity' to enroll in the mage's classes in order to expand her knowledge about - well everything. She was a very curious person so she spent a bit more time in the library to study than she should have, as the reason she actually came here at first was put as a side goal, while studying became primary, when it should have been the other way around.

There were one giant problem with staying in Dalaran to study (and fulfill her mission) though. The longer you remain in one shape, the more you become like it. Which means, she'd act more and more like a mortal and less and less like one of her kin eventually being unable to transform back if unlucky. And she was supposed to stay there for many years - which she did, not even knowing about the risk she was taking.
Eventually, she was given a reason to shapeshift as huge meeting was being held by some of the mos elder ones of her kin, such an event were only taking place once every few decades and was mostly a way for everyone to catch up as the flight were split up all over the world on various missions. For some it served as reunion as well, but not in Zaaneagosa's case as she had merely spent a few days among her siblings and did not even know the name of most of them.
Anyway, she intended to arrive a few days early as she was somewhat eager, however it was a failure as she simply couldn't transform which was just about the greatest shame achievable.
As telepathy could be intercepted - she was in the middle of Dalaran after all - she sent a letter describing her confusion to the meeting location, while disgraceful, she had to get it solved by any means.

While Zaaneagosa was grateful for the rather quick reply, it was not what she expected. She received a letter together with a small vial of red thick liquid. The letter said as following:

"Dear Zaaneagosa,

I've come to the conclusion that your inability to take your true form is due your elder's not informing you properly before sending you on your first mission.
Know that you're one among few who are sent away so early, consider it an honor, this is not your fault but your hasty and inconsiderate elders.
In the light of these events, I believe I have chosen the most appropriate method for you to regain the ability to transform - provided it's not too late already.
Just drink the small vial attached to this letter, and I would appreciate if you drank all of it as it is for you specifically.
Good luck on your mission, and see you at the meeting.
-Z"​

She didn't quite understand what the content of vial was, and for a second she considered to study it instead of drinking it. However her curiousness had limits and she drank it, expecting it to taste bad like all medicine usually did. However it was not quite bad it was nothing she'd like to drink a lot of, but it did not exactly taste bad either. She rated it four or five out of ten in her head.
The thick liquid filled her with power within seconds, it felt like her blood was boiling with excitement as she quickly teleported outside Dalaran in order to transform. Which was successful without any huge effort, she let out a vicious roar in triumph which she quickly realized was stupid as it simply drew attention, so she quickly left the scene and flew to the meeting.

While she introduced herself to a fair number of dragons at the meeting she did not meet anyone she suspected to be 'Z', not that she had a lot of information to work with but she had vague hope to meet the person so she could at least thank him or her as sending a new letter would not necessarily get to the same person. What she found odd, however, was the no one seemed to have heard about her failure to turn into her true form as no one brought it up. The meeting itself did not bring up something all too major that concerned her, though getting news from around the world was still of use.
For the most parts, only those who were Wyrms or Ancient Wyrms (Ranks granted when reaching a certain age and power level) spoke during the meeting as it would take close to forever if everyone was to tell of their journeys and experiences. Overall it seemed to be a long political lesson as most of the tasks the Wyrms told were the reasons for multiple battles that had waged the past years, and how they were to hand such if a similar situation occurred again.
From her point of view it was a quite fun 'lesson' as she admired the Wyrms and their hard work to ensure magic was not misused.

[c]

1715908173b03c43f9d12ba8ced82570.png

(Mortal form)

True Name
Zaaneagosa

Mortal Name
Zaane'nora Wildstrider

Title
Broodmother

Race
Blue Dragon (Wyrm),

Affiliation
Herself & Family

Status
Alive

Relative(s)
Selengos (mate),
Zenagosa (daughter)

Alignment
Chaotic Good

Traits

Courteous
Always

Risk-Taking
Unheard of

Ambitious
Yes

Curious
Yes

Self-Controlled
Usually

Nurturing
Yes

Trusting
Mostly

Honest
Barely lies

Loyal
No

Affectionate
Most of the time

Romantic
Sometimes

Flirty
Rarely

Sympathetic
Unheard of

Altruistic
Yes

Optimistic
Yes

Observant
Yes

Logical
Mostly

Social
Yes

Level 2
Nice character! How could you even think of that! Wow! Well I already created one, but it was a Human...His name is Doran Proudmoore and he has 1 young sister...
What do you think?

Level 22
I wonder that when the roleplay begins, who will be in charge of the lore characters? And would there be only a few appearances of them (mostly in 'serious' situation)?

Chaosy, can you please link every character info post at the first post?

Anyway, here comes my character (WIP):
================================================

Deryn Sunshade
Overview
<WIP> A high-ranking member of the Illidari Empire.​

Traits and Personality
Present : Ambitious, Smart, Decisive, Calculating, Seductive, Lustful

Courteous
Generally

Risk-Taking
Yes

Ambitious
Very

Curious
Yes

Self-Controlled
Occasionally

Nurturing
Unheard Of

Trusting
A Little

Honest
On Rare Occasions

Loyal
Unknown

Affectionate
Yes

Romantic
Unheard Of

Flirty
Yes

Lustful
Yes

Sympathetic
No

Altruistic
Unheard of

Optimistic
Generally

Observant
Yes

Logical
Yes

Social
Occasionally

Appearance
<WIP> A long, blonde hair uncovered to reveal a symmetrical face with a pair of eerie green eyes and an evil smile, slender and meaty body.​

Background and History
<WIP>​

Section A
Work In Progress​

Section B
Work In Progress​

Deryn Sunshade

???.

Title ???

Race(s)
Blood Elf

Affiliation
Illidari Empire

Former Affiliation(s)
Alliance of Azeroth

Occupation
High-Ranking Elite

Alive

Relative(s)
Unknown

Mentor(s)
Unknown

Student(s)
N/A

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Here goes my third and last character.

Zenagosa
'I will live up to their expectations, just you wait.'
Personality

Zenagosa is a very curious and adventure hungry being, those two making her get into 'trouble' on a regular basis, however she has the skills to get herself most them somewhat easily due herself knowing her limits.
Due previously stated traits, she do not like honing the magical arts as that's considered boring from her point of view, however she is determined to live up to her parents great names and thanks to that motivation she has been fairly successful.
Appearance

Unlike most, if not all dragons, Zanagosa has chosen a human appearance in her mortal form.
Brown hair, brown eyes, shoulder long hair, A bit shorter than average.

Her dragon appearance is nothing spectacular, there are many drakes, and they all have a similar appearance.
(Just google "World of Warcraft Blue drake")
Backstory

Zenagosa leaving her shell was not planned by either her or her parents. A few Vrykul had found the lair where Zenagosa lied hidden along with her unborn siblings.
The broodmother would usually remain within her lair the whole time, but as fate would have it, an exception was made when she was summoned to one of the occasional kin meetings along with her mate.
Due the whelps being conscious about their surroundings even while in their shell, they were aware of the approaching danger. The Vrykul would surely capture them and use them as mounts, which was humiliating. It was hardly pleasant to be raised among Vrykul in general either.
They talked among themselves, if all of them left their shells they would easily outnumber and slaughter the Vrykul, however that would be against their parent's wishes, this was not a good time to grow up according to them. A dragon egg could remain uncracked for thousands of years if need be, so there was no issue.. until now. One of the whelps, namely Zenagosa, was willing to risk her standing with their parents to protect the other while they remain in their shells. Luckily for the rest, Zenagosa managed to scare of the Vrykul after killing two of the few who had found the cave, however if they returned in greater numbers the other whelps would be forced to take action as well.
Fortunately, this never came to be. Their parents return to the lair and were furious to say the least, the cave trembled violently as their roars shook the ground. The anger was not towards Zenagosa though, it was towards those who had defiled their lair. The broodmother were exceptionally upset due the eggs having been threatened, the father tried to reason a bit even while being furious himself, but ultimately failed. The broodmother left into the skies to follow the retreating Vrykul and obliterate their homes and all that they held dear. Meanwhile the father guarded the lair, muttering well chosen words about certain people could not be reasoned with.

Due Zenagosa being born earlier than intended, a small side effect slowly became noticeable through the years, she was a bit smaller than the average dragon, even among the females. But it was not a big difference, so she did not care much about it. Regardless, she was raised as a bit of a special case since her parents had no other whelps to put their attention to, most would likely consider it a very good thing.
She was a very adventurous and curious whelp and spent most of her whelphood exploring the local area, rather than straight up studying the magic arts, though it would not be long before that started as well.
Her results in magic was a tad disappointing as they were just a bit above average, she was good, but not amazing. More was expected from her as both her parents were quite gifted.

3c0351f2ef1116fc8ff53855a9c9cea5.png

(mortal form)

True Name
Zenagosa

Mortal Name
Zaera'nora Wildstrider

Title
None

Race
Blue Dragon (Drake),

Affiliation