Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Discuss Pirate Tag 1.4b

Discussion in 'Pirate Tag!' started by ragingspeedhorn, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah, add tubes to, like teleports! :p

edit:
    Just get some mario tubes!

2. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Haha I might make another Pirate Tag map, like "Pirates Brawl" or something, having a bunch of different little arenas with their own funny twist. But that will have to wait for now :p

3. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I got a new better idea for your map:
    Instead of using the current point system, you get point for every second.
    If you are the only one left and everyone has chasing you for a little while you get more bonus points, like double points.
    Also have a funny chasing sound!
    Like Benny Hill or something...

4. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    No stupid chasing sound will be included :p

But the points system idea is a very good one, I might make 2 gamemodes!

5. Kixer

Kixer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just a point on the coastal terrain.
    It gets realy annoying when someone sits in one of those places where its very hard to get at them, now this may be part of the intended gameplay but I think that if you rather use pathblockers all around the coast to make the island circular it would cause player to be running and dodging alot which I believe is the intended gameplay.
    But those are just my thaughts...

6. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    There are points where people can access by clicking with the mouse and moving a tiny inch before getting paused, I will make such areas either un-accesable OR if the new walk system, made by MindWorX, actually works without lagging (which we weren't sure about and I can't test it) then that should be fixed and the walking is more straight than what it is now where you sometimes walk to the side instead of directly straight.

Thanks for your concern, whatever any of you have on your minds do shout it out, I am always ready to answer anything you might have thoughts about, complex or not :)

7. Steel_Cold

Steel_Cold

Resources:
    Resources:
    If its possible, you could add another island, but... make it one big pirate ship that you can run around in

8. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I don't know if there are any low-size models around so that I could actually make such a thing, but I do plan to change terrain every now and then in different versions.

9. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    --- Project update! ---

1.5 is coming along great, I have just finnished some different improvements of the map and most of the bugs found earlier has been fixed, what needs to be done now is AI for 1.5 so you can have computer players instead of real players for single player purposes, leaving players and so on.

Hopefully I can have the new version ready for release soon. If you have any more ideas/bugs/suggestions that you would like to have fixed/included in 1.5 then post now! Rep is given for any usefull feedback!

10. Kixer

Kixer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Good to hear rage!
    Sorry about not getting back to your earlier... When your ready just send me a copy of v1.5 and I'll get to work on the AI.
    It will take some time though, I suggest maybe releasing v1.5 and then adding AI in lets say v1.5b along with bug fixes if nessisary.

11. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Nahh I will wait for the AI as I have found some serious bugs with leaving players when there are no other pirates and so on that then stops the gameplay, that would be fixed with the computer player thing, else I would have to do a lot of work to fix it and a lot of problems comming along with the fixing of that one!

So the time spend on that would run up in many hours of work that I simply don't want to spend right now :)

I'll get the map to you within a day or so, just checking up if everything has been done!

12. Sacrimo

Sacrimo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey guys im going to have to quite this thing, life issues, school, family massacures, you name it, im going to be steady with hive work for now on and not multiply.

13. Ters

Ters

Resources:
    Resources:
    I srry that this isnt shall be at this Thread but i really need to know how to make the enemy revive after they been killed? if you know pm me plz!

14. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Wrong section yes, for World Editor questions please go to --> THIS <-- forum and ask your questions!