• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Disarm Snippet v1.0

This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
Disarm Snippet
IMPORT GUIDE :
1. Enable "Tick the Automatically create unknown variables ..." located at File>Preference>General
2. Import TimedSpecialEffect if it is not imported to the map yet
3. Copy the DisarmSnippet Folder in the Trigger Editor
4. Configure the DisarmSnippetConfig trigger according to the comments provided
5. Configure triggers for abilities and other stuff that will utilize DisarmSnippet
SYSTEM INFORMATION :
A disarm snippet meant to be a replacement of Disarm System I wrote in the past using the new natives instead of the Cargo Hold approach. I do not update the old one since they are aimed for different patches. This system is designed in extreme similarity with Stun Snippet. To register a disarmed unit, refer to the DisarmSnippetSampleRegister trigger below:

• DisarmSnippetSampleRegister
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- Unit that will get disarmed --------
      • Set DisarmSnippet__DisarmedUnit = No unit
      • -------- Disarm duration --------
      • Set DisarmSnippet__Duration = 0.00
      • -------- Effect shown, if <empty string> will fall back to default --------
      • Set DisarmSnippet__SFX = <Empty String>
      • -------- Attach point for the effect shown, if <empty string> will fall back to default --------
      • Set DisarmSnippet__AttachPoint = <Empty String>
      • -------- Register the stun effect --------
      • Trigger - Run DisarmSnippet_TRegister (checking conditions)
MEDIA SHOWCASE :
CHANGELOG :
Version 1.0: Released

CREDIT :
- Vinz for the wonderful Disarm effect
Contents

Disarm Snippet v1.0 (Map)

Reviews
Wrda
Moved to Awating update as requested by the resource owner. Short explanation: Clash of a dependency's different versions when imported with other resources of the same owner.
Level 39
Effect shown, if <empty string> will fall back to default
I don't think that's a good idea. I might want to disarm a unit without showing any effect at all, and the only way I could do that is to pass an invalid string which is not something a GUI user is likely to think to do. Also not having a debuff on the UI to show the unit is disarmed is potentially good or potentially bad depending on user preference. I would make that an option.

I don't think that's a good idea. I might want to disarm a unit without showing any effect at all, and the only way I could do that is to pass an invalid string which is not something a GUI user is likely to think to do. Also not having a debuff on the UI to show the unit is disarmed is potentially good or potentially bad depending on user preference. I would make that an option.
How about making the default string as empty if that helps? User can always specify the default string themselves depending on their map. Oh yeah, the buff shenanigans. I need to think how to handle it instead of letting users handling it on their on, both this and Stun Snippet, though it is beyond the original concept of these snippets.

Last edited:

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 26
Default string as empty string would work. It only saves one line of setting the variable but that's whatever.
  • Set VariableSet DisarmSnip_DEFAULTAttachPoint
Did you mean DisarmSnippet or is it intentional because it would be so big?

Approved