• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Digimon Rumble Arena [Redevelop]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Anime contains all kinds of genres for all kind of genres, and so do manga.
American animations tend to point toward kids, but there is exceptions.

If you can't see adult themes in digimon, you can aswell cast aside spiderman, supeman, batman etc.

[/offtopic]

Correct, my job is done here.

Damn it! The anims I made for humanoid models don't feet the Renamon very well.
I'd have to start over to make it look good...I can't promise you anything by now...

Take your time =D Quality beats ~
Haven't update the map for 2 days >< Anyone here good in modeling can add an roll animation for guilmon's model? Note that I want the animation to be added and the others won't be affected. I think that's possible, so anyone?

Also, anyone here please post some idea for spells of the digimons. In sense of how they move and what special effect comes out. There helps me in making the map a lot =D

Level 5
Are you having "Jump" on youre game? Because if you do, it adds a "Ring Out" or something.
Oh yea, Don't forget to make the Ice map where you constantly move even if you're not commanding your Hero. :D

Are you having "Jump" on youre game? Because if you do, it adds a "Ring Out" or something.
Oh yea, Don't forget to make the Ice map where you constantly move even if you're not commanding your Hero. :D

I don't think I'll make a jump since war3 doesn't fit jump a lot. And it needs a lot of physic stuff. Also, the terrain won't be as the ps2 arena maps. It'll be a natural world maybe forest or anything.

Level 5
hmm. ok. btw, will it be an Arena-Room by Room Map or is the whole map open field?
And just a suggestion.
Add a -save/load that saves your Kills and Deaths for the sake of bragging rights. :p
but its up to you thought :)

Level 17
The save and load thingie is a good idea. :D

About the spells, it will be easy for the Ultimate levels since they do originally have more than 2 abilities, but harder for the Child. I'll look some up :D

EDIT: Renamon was easy:
Koyousetsu (Fox Leaf Arrowhead or Diamond Storm) - Fires off multiple shards of energy leaves.
Kohenkyo (Fox Change Void) - Switches places with the enemy or creates up to two clones of itself. (This one could be split up into two spells)
Touhakken (Wisteria Punch or Power Paw) - Its body glows with a bright blue flame before Renamon rushes at the enemy with a punch.
Kosengeki (Fox Flash Attack) - Renamon charges at the enemy, kicking and tearing at its foe with its sharp claws.

More coming up :D

hmm. ok. btw, will it be an Arena-Room by Room Map or is the whole map open field?
And just a suggestion.
Add a -save/load that saves your Kills and Deaths for the sake of bragging rights. :p
but its up to you thought :)

The terrain is an open-field, this map won't be really arena-like
Well, perhaps something more than bragging and I'll make those stuff. xD

About the spells, it will be easy for the Ultimate levels since they do originally have more than 2 abilities, but harder for the Child. I'll look some up :D

Yeah, 2 isn't enough thou =D

Level 5
EDIT: Renamon was easy:
Koyousetsu (Fox Leaf Arrowhead or Diamond Storm) - Fires off multiple shards of energy leaves.
Kohenkyo (Fox Change Void) - Switches places with the enemy or creates up to two clones of itself. (This one could be split up into two spells)
Touhakken (Wisteria Punch or Power Paw) - Its body glows with a bright blue flame before Renamon rushes at the enemy with a punch.
Kosengeki (Fox Flash Attack) - Renamon charges at the enemy, kicking and tearing at its foe with its sharp claws.

Its not the spell names/description that are probably what Ribenamania is looking for. (I think)
Its how the spells are portrayed in-game. (I think)
Lets take this one for example:
"Touhakken (Wisteria Punch or Power Paw) - Its body glows with a bright blue flame before Renamon rushes at the enemy with a punch."
How do we want to put this spell in-game? As a Blink-strike? Don't think so. Too un-original :(
I don't know how the game "plays" but from the screen shot, the spells are probably similar to "Shockwave" or "Carrion Swarm" in-game?
All AoE Forward type spells?

Its not the spell names/description that are probably what Ribenamania is looking for. (I think)
Its how the spells are portrayed in-game. (I think)
Lets take this one for example:
"Touhakken (Wisteria Punch or Power Paw) - Its body glows with a bright blue flame before Renamon rushes at the enemy with a punch."
How do we want to put this spell in-game? As a Blink-strike? Don't think so. Too un-original :(
I don't know how the game "plays" but from the screen shot, the spells are probably similar to "Shockwave" or "Carrion Swarm" in-game?
All AoE Forward type spells?

Yeah, kinda true.. the descriptions can be find in wikipedia easily. Anyway thanks terradont =D Well, the spells now is kinda like shockwave but an advanced one that has collisions and so on.

Spell Made
Pepper Breath
Blue Blaster
Pyro Sphere
Giga Missile
Horn Attack
Terra Force
Magna Explosion
Shield Of The Just
G-Cross Freezer
Metal Wolf Claw

Ribenamania said:
Anyone here good in modeling can add an roll animation for guilmon's model? Note that I want the animation to be added and the others won't be affected. I think that's possible, so anyone?

This is kinda important too, since without this.. I won't get to make rock breaker spell for guilmon.

Level 17
Okay.

"Touhakken (Wisteria Punch or Power Paw)" could be a melee attack which knockbacks all enemies in front of renamon, which could be synergized with "Kosengeki (Fox flash attack)"
which in this case could be a target point spell that charges a set towards the target point or until renamon hits an enemy, where it deals damage and adds a fitting debuff. (Slow, armor reduce, DoT, you name it :D)

"Kouhenkyo (Fox Change Void)" can be a simple target spell that swaps the units positions. (For inspiration, see Netherswap in DotA) This is highly tactical in a dodge game, but charge spells needs to be triggered not to bug in this case.

EDIT:

Sakuyamon:

Izuna (Rice Cord or Spirit Strike) - Summons 4 mystical fox spirits that are imbued with the powers of fire, water, wind and lightning that obey and fight for Sakuyamon.
This could either be based on locust swarm(channeles or not), or be four spirits lashing out towards different angles.

Kongoukai Mandara (Vajra Realm Mandala or Amethyst Mandala) - Creates a huge ring of golden energy that surrounds an enemy and slowly decreases in size, crushing it.
A target point spell that creates a golden ring(yellow aura buff?) which makes enemy units inside unable to move and decreases in size. Every second the enemies take damage and as the ring grows smaller the damage grows higher. Whenever a unit comes outside of the ring it will be able to move again(Ex. a unit is trapped on the very outside of the ring, it will soon not be inside the ring anymore). Lasts about 4 seconds.

Crystal Sphere [Finish] - creates a rune around Sakuyamon, which pauses enemy units inside it. After 2 seconds Sakuyamon conjures a green sphere which blocks enemy attacks and damages anyone inside it, also pushing them out of it.

That's the ones i can think of now.

Okay.

"Touhakken (Wisteria Punch or Power Paw)" could be a melee attack which knockbacks all enemies in front of renamon, which could be synergized with "Kosengeki (Fox flash attack)"
which in this case could be a target point spell that charges a set towards the target point or until renamon hits an enemy, where it deals damage and adds a fitting debuff. (Slow, armor reduce, DoT, you name it :D)

"Kouhenkyo (Fox Change Void)" can be a simple target spell that swaps the units positions. (For inspiration, see Netherswap in DotA) This is highly tactical in a dodge game, but charge spells needs to be triggered not to bug in this case.

EDIT:

Sakuyamon:

Izuna (Rice Cord or Spirit Strike) - Summons 4 mystical fox spirits that are imbued with the powers of fire, water, wind and lightning that obey and fight for Sakuyamon.
This could either be based on locust swarm(channeles or not), or be four spirits lashing out towards different angles.

Kongoukai Mandara (Vajra Realm Mandala or Amethyst Mandala) - Creates a huge ring of golden energy that surrounds an enemy and slowly decreases in size, crushing it.
A target point spell that creates a golden ring(yellow aura buff?) which makes enemy units inside unable to move and decreases in size. Every second the enemies take damage and as the ring grows smaller the damage grows higher. Whenever a unit comes outside of the ring it will be able to move again(Ex. a unit is trapped on the very outside of the ring, it will soon not be inside the ring anymore). Lasts about 4 seconds.

Crystal Sphere [Finish] - creates a rune around Sakuyamon, which pauses enemy units inside it. After 2 seconds Sakuyamon conjures a green sphere which blocks enemy attacks and damages anyone inside it, also pushing them out of it.

That's the ones i can think of now.

Yeah, thanks =D But I still can't make them since renamon model is not ready and I don't even have sakuyamon.

Actually I already have the spell names, spell description. But I really need uniqueness for each of every digimon. Since in digimon rumble arena, its a combat action game that the digimons can jump here and there, evading various skills but in warcraft III it must have a new concept.

Let's see...

Agumon [Claw Attack] lack of portrayed idea
Gabumon [ Done ] can be said =D
Veemon [V-Punch] [V-Headbutt] lack of portrayed idea
Guilmon [Rock Breaker] lack of animation
Wargreymon [Mega Claw] lack of portrayed idea
Metalgarurumon [Metal Snout] lack of portrayed idea
Magnamon [Magna Kick] [Magna Blaster] lack of portrayed idea, how does magna blaster looked anyway
Gallantmon [Lightning Joust] [Lightning Charge]

Well, actually majority of the "lack of portrayed idea" in digimon rumble arena they're just hit and knockback. So, in fact I need a lot of modification and so on. =D

Level 5
Yeah, thanks =D But I still can't make them since renamon model is not ready and I don't even have sakuyamon.

Which is why we need to prioritize the Digimons that are already made. hahaha.

@Terradont
Great Spell Ideas.
But then again. xD No Sakuyamon or even a Ready-Working-Renamon Model

It will be hard to make spells that are melee based... unless you just make it hit and knockback based from the caster's facing angle. :p
But what more is there to describe from simple scratches like "Claw Attack"? xD

Same with Pokemon Maps i've played. They usually have "Tackle" or "Scratch" as a passive move that has a chance to deal 1.x times more damage. -_-

Anyways.
If ever you are making "Kohenkyo" or the switch target thing, It would be allot better of you switch heroes nearest to Renamon without clicking on the target.
So it goes like; "Switches Renamon with the nearest [Hero] within a range of x" or something like it as it will be good for "Reaction Dodges".

Now, you need some spells right?
I suggest for you to play those PvP Warcraft 3 Gun Maps where you choose your Gun and depending on which gun you have, youre style of shooting change.
You get different ideas from these types of maps.

So example:
I have a Sniper. Big Damage. Fast Projectile. but super low Collision Rate and Cooldown.
so I switch to a Shotgun. Which is low damage but increases if you shoot it really near from you since the bullets "spread" shoots like a cone.

Level 17
Wargreymon [Metal Claw]
This could simply be dona as a wave in front of Wargreymon, which deals damage.

Magnamon [Magna Blaster]
As i recall, this one sends out small rockets from Magnamons armor. This could be done with small cluster rockets which goes out in different arcs from Magnamon and then all find their way toward the target point. If someone gets in the way of a rocket it will explode.

EDIT:
And yes, i know the models aren't ready, but that doesn't mean you can't trigger the spell yet >.>

Wargreymon [Metal Claw]
This could simply be dona as a wave in front of Wargreymon, which deals damage.

Magnamon [Magna Blaster]
As i recall, this one sends out small rockets from Magnamons armor. This could be done with small cluster rockets which goes out in different arcs from Magnamon and then all find their way toward the target point. If someone gets in the way of a rocket it will explode.

EDIT:
And yes, i know the models aren't ready, but that doesn't mean you can't trigger the spell yet >.>

Yeah, that's what I mean..
Cluster Rockets, Shockwaves.. warcraft III pre-made spells. It will ruin the game =D
Anyway, I think I'll work on Great Tornado soon.

Just to inform that I still cannot find any epic good terrainer. =D Anyone please...

Last edited:
bump!

wew.. a few days without any post in this thread =D
Throughout these times, I've done with Great Tornado and a store system.

In fact, I'm quite impressed by my own store system I made XD lul loved it..
Check out the first post [thread starting post] in page 1 for the updates.

And finally, HEY! why isn't there any people coming to help me in terraning and modeling =(

Level 5
Check the 3 posts above this. some guy is offering help in terraining :)

BTW. Has Happy Cockroach finished the Renamon Model yet? ^_^

Level 17
This map actually made me play the game again. I remebered that it was awesome, but i now concluded that it's more than awesome. Definetly one of the best games for the PSX.

BTW, i re-read your post about Wargreymon and Magnamon, and i think you misunderstood me on Magnamons Magna Blaster.

The point wast that he was going to send rockets in a special horizontal arc, and that every missile acts as it's own indepentendt missile and explodes upon contact with enemy or target point. So no cluster rockets xD

This is kinda how the missiles would fly outwards from Magnamon, but maybe a tad more missiles.

./_
|/
0--
|\_
.\

The same concept could work for Metalgarurumon's finish, but with one large rocket in the middle, and the rockets freeze the enemy(this is from the series, as they just deal damage in the game)

Level 1
Cant believe u started this back Ribenamania. I remember when u said u were done with it on the wc3digimon.forummotion.com forum. This is so cool. Wish u luck Ribenamania hope you go thru all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.