• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Digimon Rumble Arena [Redevelop]

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is related to this particular Project Recruitment thread that is created about 8 months ago. The project has been stopped last time but now I decided to redevelop it with new game play and systems.

The game concept is almost the same as last time but slightly changed.
The digimon now starts as an egg and digivolves to various forms, the digivolution-tree doesn't follow the actual line but it is based on the stats of the digimon when it reaches the needed experience points to digivolve. In the moment they train, they are also to fight againts other player's digimon.

Feel free to post a reply here to comment or giving suggestions, there are very helpful.
Team
Author: Ribenamania[Trigger / Spell Creator / Items / Units / Etc]
Project Recruitment
[Important] Terrainer - I'm good in terraining but I want to have some epic terrain made by pro terrainers.

[Important] Modeler - I'm needing a 3D artist too especially for the digimon models.
Updates
19/5/2009
New recipes made:
- Scroll of Greater Magic
- Scroll of Immortal Magic
11/5/2009
attachment.php
New store system made, featuring item transfer and multiboard trading.

attachment.php
Diablo-dk's recipe system implemented, featuring combination of item.
8/5/2009
New spell made:
- Great Tornado
7/5/2009
Bug fixed:
- Terra Force Multiplayer Bug
6/5/2009
Bug fixed:
- Magna Explosion Multiplayer Bug
4/5/2009
attachment.php
New spell made:
- Magna Explosion

This time I've attached a screenshot, once awhile to feed you guys up =D
3/5/2009
New spells made:
- Horn Attack
- Shield Of The Just
2/5/2009
New spell made:
- G-Cross Freezer
1/5/2009
attachment.php
New spell made:
- Terra Force

Hopefully, someone would help me in the map in terraining and modeling.
30/4/2009
New spell made:
- Metal Wolf Claw
29/4/2009
New spells made:
- Pepper Breath
- Blue Blaster
- Pyro Sphere
- Giga Missile
28/4/2009
attachment.php
New missile system has been made, featuring collision and missile clash.
27/4/2009

attachment.php
Project redevelopment started, new experience system has been made.
Credits
Rising_Dusk [Knock Back System]
Diablo-dk [Recipe System]

Attachments

• ExperienceSystem.jpg
    ExperienceSystem.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 1,488
  • MissileSystem.jpg
    MissileSystem.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 1,266
  • TerraForce.jpg
    TerraForce.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 1,458
  • MagnaExplosion.jpg
    MagnaExplosion.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 905
  • StoreSystem.jpg
    StoreSystem.jpg
    280.4 KB · Views: 925
  • RecipeSystem.jpg
    RecipeSystem.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 919
Last edited:
Level 5
Wow! Any plans on having Renamon on it xD Diamond Storm and "Kohenkyo" will really be good to the game :p

Woah, you decided to start on it again :D
I wish you luck and hope it play and enjoy it :)
Also, which season of Digimon are you basing it off?

Yeah, maybe I'll make all seasons in late versions. I think I'll release it with season 1's, there are hundreds types of digimon out there. =]

Wow! Any plans on having Renamon on it xD Diamond Storm and "Kohenkyo" will really be good to the game :p

Good idea, I can already imagine the spell XD

Nice to see this started again, but are you sure you're gonna use the american names?

Personally i think the japanese ones sound better. :D

Yeah, I think so. But I think there will be some skills that I'll use japanese names, such as "Kohenkyo" etc.

Project Recruitment: Yikes, nobody wants to help me in this project?

Level 5
Great Update. Though, no Female Digimons yet? xD
Anyways. Where the heck did you get these Awesome "Perfect" models? Who ever made them must be really contributed.
And wehhhh! I want female digimon xD (Renamon Specifically)

Great Update. Though, no Female Digimons yet? xD
Anyways. Where the heck did you get these Awesome "Perfect" models? Who ever made them must be really contributed.
And wehhhh! I want female digimon xD (Renamon Specifically)

Those models are from chinese websites. I do know they look good, their file size are huge thou. Anyway, I can't find renamon... I do like it too but too bad I can't find a modeler.

These are model rips. Instead of searching for a scratch modeller to do them for you, search for a way to convert the models there to any of these:
- obj
- 3ds
watch out for MDL, there are too many versions of it.
then if you got the meshes its much easier to find a modeller to animate them.
I myself am a modeller, I can try animating some.

Or learn chinese! lol

These are model rips. Instead of searching for a scratch modeller to do them for you, search for a way to convert the models there to any of these:
- obj
- 3ds
watch out for MDL, there are too many versions of it.
then if you got the meshes its much easier to find a modeller to animate them.
I myself am a modeller, I can try animating some.

Or learn chinese! lol

Ripped models usually have a high poly and has a few textures that would take out spaces. Those models I have now isn't ripped, they are made by chinese warcraft III modders. I do know chinese thats why I can download them.

Level 5
I think there is an existing Renamon model. Though, I don't fully understand the importing a model works. And I'm not ever sure if all models are "compatible" with WC3 as long as its .mdx.
The Renamon mode was made by some guy "Wild" something. I'm just really sure some people have downloaded it and used it. I'm sure! :p You can even find some of these models videod on Youtube.

I think I just found it... well, a screen shot of it. But not its clearly not made for warcraft.
Quoted from below.
"The polycount currently is 1158; if needed less it wouldn't be hard to reduce in areas like back/bottom of arms and maybe some on hands."

I think there is an existing Renamon model. Though, I don't fully understand the importing a model works. And I'm not ever sure if all models are "compatible" with WC3 as long as its .mdx.
The Renamon mode was made by some guy "Wild" something. I'm just really sure some people have downloaded it and used it. I'm sure! :p You can even find some of these models videod on Youtube.

I think I just found it... well, a screen shot of it. But not its clearly not made for warcraft.
Quoted from below.
"The polycount currently is 1158; if needed less it wouldn't be hard to reduce in areas like back/bottom of arms and maybe some on hands."

Do you know where is it? If you do, please point it out to me.

Picture? Yea. Here.
Renamon from Digimon by ~wildroo on deviantART
Now, I'm just looking for the 3d Model File itself. And there are ALLOT more there on Deviant Art.

EDIT: It's downloadable. xD Just click the "Download" model from there on.
BTW. Theres more there on the site.

Yeah, but I can't find the program to convert the format. And I don't even know is it a model's format.

Try this one.
Renamon from Digimon Release2 by ~wildroo on deviantART
Its the same file with a .obj format of the model. Now you know the "format", atleast you can find something that converts .obj>.mdl or something. Shouldn't be that hard to find. :wink:

Great, I have ms3d also and I've converted it to mdx/mdl format, this model has a small file size too. Now I must find an animator to animate this model for me =D Thank you so much, kmde613...

I've attached the model and the texture in this post, feel free to help me animate this model. Credits will be given =D

Attachments

• Renamon.blp
    12.1 KB · Views: 80
  • Renamon.mdx
    53.3 KB · Views: 69
Level 5
YES!! I helped out!!!
You should go ask Happy Cockroach
"I myself am a modeller, I can try animating some."
:wink:

Btw. If you need a spell "Diamond Storm" I have one for you.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...32-4-renamon-spell-requests-diamond-storm.w3x
Though, You're a pretty skilled Skill Person so you shouldn't need it. xD
"The spell is MUI and requires vexorian's xe0.6 system, there is a readme to make implementing easier in the map, as well as the system's readme."

Credit Darkyvm if EVER you use it :wink:

YES!! I helped out!!!
You should go ask Happy Cockroach
"I myself am a modeller, I can try animating some."
:wink:

Btw. If you need a spell "Diamond Storm" I have one for you.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...32-4-renamon-spell-requests-diamond-storm.w3x
Though, You're a pretty skilled Skill Person so you shouldn't need it. xD
"The spell is MUI and requires vexorian's xe0.6 system, there is a readme to make implementing easier in the map, as well as the system's readme."

Credit Darkyvm if EVER you use it :wink:

Yeah, almost forgot bout' HappyCockroach.. I've sent a visitor message to him. The diamond storm looked good but I think I'll try to make one that targets ground, thanks for introducing anyway.

Level 5
Lol. NP.
BTW.
Some random dude... I don't know his name. Started with a K and ended with an E and a 613 re made a Skin for the Renamon model.
renamonskin.png

He said that the first skin was good but when it was converted to mdx, Something about the quality ended up so he decided to remake the skin. It lacked the things on the eyes and the yellow was too bright.
Also, he said that the "Lemon Yellow" was not Renamon's real skin color.. or fur color... xD

Attachments

• Renamon.blp
    14.4 KB · Views: 96
Lol. NP.
BTW.
Some random dude... I don't know his name. Started with a K and ended with an E and a 613 re made a Skin for the Renamon model.
renamonskin.png

He said that the first skin was good but when it was converted to mdx, Something about the quality ended up so he decided to remake the skin. It lacked the things on the eyes and the yellow was too bright.
Also, he said that the "Lemon Yellow" was not Renamon's real skin color.. or fur color... xD

Lol, let me say thank you to that guy. Its very kind for him to do that =D
Why do you need a renamon model anyway?

Last edited:
Level 5
Renamon is my favorite digimon. Thats just really it. Hahahah
I'd do the same if this was a Pokemon game and it was a Jigglypuff Model.

Are you using the texture/skin? No need for credits as it was really easy. :p

Level 5
If "I won't be able to release one until I find a terrainer. The game engine isn't installed yet too."
Then the info on your Projnet Recruitment thread must be wrong.
It says Terrain is 99% and Triggers as 76%.
Oh yea, and Abilities as "90%" :p

BTW: I think you are a Terrainer as i've seen youre Terrain Showcase :p And they seem pretty good. The church one is awesome. :p

If "I won't be able to release one until I find a terrainer. The game engine isn't installed yet too."
Then the info on your Projnet Recruitment thread must be wrong.
It says Terrain is 99% and Triggers as 76%.
Oh yea, and Abilities as "90%" :p

BTW: I think you are a Terrainer as i've seen youre Terrain Showcase :p And they seem pretty good. The church one is awesome. :p

The info in that thread is outdated. Yeah, I'm a good terrainer but I'm seeking for an epic one =D Well, if I can't find one until I finish almost everything I'll give a hand in it.

Level 17
Here is your precious bump! Muhahahahahaha
I don't like children's cartoons.
But this may prove interesting.

Digimon is an anime, and not an animation. This often means that the serie can be enjoyed by many different ages, something you can't say for most american animations.

@kmde613.
Good job with that Renamon model. Renamon is my favourite digimon too c:)

Level 5
@terradont
lol. thanks. but seriously, it was a simple recolor of the fur and some free handing of the Yin Yang sign on the gloves and on the eyes. :p Also redid the Zig-zag lines on her feet part.

I can't wait for this model to get Animated by HappyCockroach!! :wink:

Now, what Ribenamania should be needing is a Sakuyamon Model so that Renamon can have an evolution xD

Last edited:
@terradont
lol. thanks. but seriously, it was a simple recolor of the fur and some free handing of the Yin Yang sign on the gloves and on the eyes. :p Also redid the Zig-zag lines on her feet part.

I can't wait for this model to get Animated by HappyCockroach!! :wink:

Now, what Ribenamania should be needing is a Sakuyamon Model so that Renamon can have an evolution xD

Yup, that's absolutely true =D

Level 17
Digimon is an anime, and not an animation. This often means that the serie can be enjoyed by many different ages, something you can't say for most american animations.

Are you serious?
Anime - A style of animation developed in Japan, characterized by stylized colorful art and often adult themes.
First of all, I see the word animation in there. So it is. Second, I see no adult themes in Digimon so I could just as well say it's not an anime.

Are you serious?
Anime - A style of animation developed in Japan, characterized by stylized colorful art and often adult themes.
First of all, I see the word animation in there. So it is. Second, I see no adult themes in Digimon so I could just as well say it's not an anime.

Part of it is correct but well...
The correct one is [Anime - Japanese Animation]

Level 17
Are you serious?

Anime contains all kinds of genres for all kind of genres, and so do manga.
American animations tend to point toward kids, but there is exceptions.

If you can't see adult themes in digimon, you can aswell cast aside spiderman, supeman, batman etc.

[/offtopic]

Status
Not open for further replies.