• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Difficulty System Reduce Armor Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey Guys,

I want a Difficult System in my Map but how i can make a Spell that reduce the Armor of the Wearer of this Skill?

Example: Red click on Easy, all Units get the Spell Easy and that Spell Reduce the Armor by 2.

But how i can make the Spell for that and how can i make that all Units Owned by Player 12 get the Spell?

Thx for help ^^

Level 19
You do the trigger:
Unit group pick every unit owned by player 12
add passive armor decrease ability for picket unit

If you want the passive ability to be invisible then add it to a spellbook, give the spellbook ability for the picked unit and use Player - disable ability for that player

By shift left clicking on armor bonus of an ability for example devotian aura you can make it give a -2 armor bonus and just set the targets allowed to self.

Level 2
Open your Object Editor click on File-->Preferences and tick the line Allow negative real values in the Object Editor.Then find the Paladin's Devotion Aura which gives bonus armor and hold shift and press enter in the line where's the bonus armor so you can type negative values.The other stuff is told by Jaakko

Level 8
I would probably replace the unit group method with:

event
Unit enters region (playable map)
condition
owner of (triggering unit) equal to (player 12)

Using unit group would mean u need to run the trigger periodically, whereas this method only runs when a unit enters the map. More efficient.

Level 12
How about simply making a negative devotion aura with lots of range for Player 12 (if that's the owner of the creeps)?

EDIT: I mean jaako's solution just one dummy unit that effects everyone.

EDIT II: That could also be accomplished via abilities blocked by researches! If Player 1 selects easy set the research level for Owner of the Creeps to 1, the creeps themselves have abilities with negative armor bonuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.