• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Spell] Reduce Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi all, I would like to make a spell that will reduce 25% of the armor that the enemy has. How can that be done?

Level 4
I need an active skill... A target skill I mean.. The skill will affect a single target on which will be casted the spell, not an AoE skill...

Level 12
Use a dummy skill with unit target, when the spell casted add a devotion aura with 0 area of effect to target unit maybe.

Level 12
So no need to change targets completely, just change area of effect to 0.

Level 17
Ok, make a dummy unit and add him the ability Item - Orb of Corruption and modify the values in the Item - Orb of corruption to whatever you want. Next make your ability from let's say Frost Nova...make damage 0, area damage 0 etc (all values 0). Set the duration to Item - Orb of corruption duration. Make a trigger when you cast the ability a dummy unit appears next to the target unit and attack him. This should decrease his armor and get the result you want...Don't forget to make the dummy unit invulnerable and give him the Locust ability. Try and see if it works I'm not sure..

Level 12
Area of Effect 0 is less efficient than Stats - Targets Allowed: Self
Proof?This is just a guess.Who knows maybe it enuming units in 500 area of effect and pick every unit which equal to himself or whatever valid targets are.Who knows maybe setting area of effect to 0 prevents it from enuming units, just checking the aura owner?

Because, if it is 0, it is still acts as Area of Effect (1 or more units can be affected)
Show me a demo map where a devotion aura with 0 aoe effects more than 1 units.

Even there is efficiency gain, how much is that?
Techtree - Check Dependencies field is almost true for all skills, are you setting this field false for all your skills in object editor?

Level 4
Area of Effect 0 is less efficient than Stats - Targets Allowed: Self

Because, if it is 0, it is still acts as Area of Effect (1 or more units can be affected) but if you change it to self, it is totally 1 unit

That's what I want.. TOtally 1 unit...

Level 33
Reducing armor based on whole number value is easy.
What he wanted was reducing armor based on percentual value.

This is what I tried, and failed.

Like Tauren Chieftain's (DotA Hero) ability, Natural Order.
It reduced enemy's armor up to 80%, not -80 armor.

So let's say you have 10 armor, your reduced armor would be -8, it will result in having only 2 armor left.

If you have 20 armor, it will reduce up to -16 armor.

In conclusion, it will vary from time to time, not only static reduce armor, but a variation depending on the enemies' armor.

I have tried using Devotion Aura and set the Data - Percent Bonus to True, but still, I can't make it to work

If someone can do this, I'd be gladful :)

Level 12
Are you sure?It works for me.

Level 1 data armor bonus: -0.80(I also tried with -3, -1)
Level 1 data percent bonus: true

Status
Not open for further replies.