• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Diablo Twin

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Thorneon
This is my Diablo map. There are no custom files, and the whole thing was created by me. It goes up to three player; one player levels very fast. Choose three of seven Heros to fight the forces of evil in Hell and obtain powerful items. There are many secrets as well, keep an eye out for odd or hidden things. Soloing will take about two hours. Email me for a long readme of general information and map data. Have fun I hope you injoy! -BrokeRoque

EDIT: I made all Champions and Uniques stronger and all Private Stash's belong to players, not rescueables (so every player can have more than one).

Keywords:
Diablo, RPG
Contents

Diablo Twin (Map)

Reviews
10:12, 17th Apr 2009 by bounty hunter2: Don't upload such low quality maps here: - Horrible terrain - Regular renamed spells - I could have more then one hero - No quest log - Long loading time - The map is utterly boring - The map...

M

10:12, 17th Apr 2009 by bounty hunter2:
Don't upload such low quality maps here:

- Horrible terrain
- Regular renamed spells
- I could have more then one hero
- No quest log
- Long loading time
- The map is utterly boring
- The map consists of thousands of spammed creeps
- The map lags heavily

A bad map that won't get approved, ever, Rejected.

Level 2
ok i updated this map. there are no longer demons at the start point (i forgot they were they, don't ask)
sorry to those of you who played the bad version

please feel free to tell me what you think of Diablo Twin, i put a lot of time into it =)

Last edited:
Level 31
1. Pretty long loading time, huh. You must make it taking not that long, somehow.
2. Not existing Objectives.
3. Bad-made terrain. All I saw was red color everywhere and randomly spammed Outland doodads.
4. Imbalanced unit drop. After a massive slaughtering at one spot, about 10 units dropped 3 items per death.
5. Entire map has only one trigger that is a default melee game type trigger for all players, just without some actions. That's equal no victory/defeat conditions. As for example, my all three heroes died and what's next? Nothing happens. How you expect us to play if this map has default trigger and anything else?
6. My heroes died at the second group of units ambush. I don't know, but the impression is like this map is created for using game cheats. That's global imbalance.
7. Horoes can learn up to 4 additional spells, right? So why do they have 3 others already? There are 6 empty spots at the place where abilities located are, three of them are already used and 4 incomes with growing level. So my point of this is that abilities hides over other abilities making it not possible to press on it and see also.

I rate this map by 1/5 because of scripting and bad quality and I suggest it to be Rejected.

Level 10
well i got through most of the map until i had to go to bed but here are some points.
a)Quests would be a good idea
b)there are a few typos like "defiance aura" you spelled "difiance"
c)many of the tooltips for items didnt show data properly and said "<A1bla bla bla instead of attack at level 1 or whatever
d) terrain was nothing special and a lot of doodad spammage in certain areas.
e) against hravzill, his stun makes it impossible for you to move and you have to wait until you die.
f) by the third or fourth group of monsters, i was already so powerful i couldn't die.
g) More items would be a good idea.
h) in "act 2" ill cal it, you had the same monsters from "act 1"
i'd put some more time into mainly in making more items and units, reducing the amount of doodads, and increasing difficulty.
I think this is an approvable map if you fix those. 3/5 if you fix.

Level 2
1. Pretty long loading time, huh. You must make it taking not that long, somehow.
2. Not existing Objectives.
3. Bad-made terrain. All I saw was red color everywhere and randomly spammed Outland doodads.
4. Imbalanced unit drop. After a massive slaughtering at one spot, about 10 units dropped 3 items per death.
5. Entire map has only one trigger that is a default melee game type trigger for all players, just without some actions. That's equal no victory/defeat conditions. As for example, my all three heroes died and what's next? Nothing happens. How you expect us to play if this map has default trigger and anything else?
6. My heroes died at the second group of units ambush. I don't know, but the impression is like this map is created for using game cheats. That's global imbalance.
7. Horoes can learn up to 4 additional spells, right? So why do they have 3 others already? There are 6 empty spots at the place where abilities located are, three of them are already used and 4 incomes with growing level. So my point of this is that abilities hides over other abilities making it not possible to press on it and see also.

I rate this map by 1/5 because of scripting and bad quality and I suggest it to be Rejected.

I do not know how to do all that fancy stuff like quests yet, if I knew, i would do it. Your Heros CAN be revived, I know the beginning is hard, but I can do without dying more than3 times or cheating. And the ultimate spell is at 45, dont learn it until 50 and there won't be any problem (sorry about that). I have no clue on how to change the terrian.

Thank you for your feedback.

Level 31
Well in that case, you need to learn triggering. I suggest you to read some guides about it. That's the way to use Trigger Editor, like you did by removing some actions. You can do much more than that, including the creation of quests and objectives, also victory/defeat conditions that are necessary.

About the terrain, you should try making it more naturalistic. Don't spam lava stuff everywhere, be mean about it, that makes everything more beautiful. Also about doodads, use many variations of it, not like you did, taking one type of doodads and filling the area with it, then taking other doodad and filling other area. You must use many variations. For example, let's say, you're making Ashenvale enviroment type map. If you'd mix up a grass, dirt, rought dirt, that little grass and adding shrubs, bushes, trees, mushrooms and rocks, that makes wonderful and not boring view.