• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Diablo III Warcraft - Rise of Terror

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
198037-albums4090-picture38458.jpg

This is the BETA version of my expansion for Cloudwolf Studio's Diablo 3 Warcraft map. It includes all of the content from the original map plus new zones, new bosses, and new loot. It also includes revised tooltips and icons, updated abilities, fixed glitches and problems, a less buggy inventory, new item-types, and more. Keep in mind this is only a BETA version and has not been sufficiently tested, so please report any glitches, errors, or problems you experience in addition to any feedback you might have.

198037-albums4090-picture38454.jpg
198037-albums4090-picture38456.jpg
198037-albums4090-picture38457.jpg
198037-albums4090-picture38455.jpg

Original Authors
LTGH (CloudMax)
RedMarine
CloudWolf

Original Credits:

Models:

- Xezko
- levigeorge1617
- Archian
- expresso
- Afronight_76
- Vestras
- General Frank
- Cavman
- Midnighters
- FrIkY
- Misha

Skins:

- Mr.Goblin
- Cycloverid

Icons:

- CRAZYRUSSIAN
- Skrik
- Mr. Frank (Spire Inc.)

Other Systems:

- Paladon

Expansion-specific Credits:

Skins
________

Cloudwolf - Skeleton
Red Shift - Khazra
Red Shift - Shadowmancer
Red Shift - Lumbering Golem
Ampharos_222 - Grotesque and Lunatic
64chrome - zombie

Models
________

HappyTauren - Organ
Horn - Wooden Shield
Dicxunder - Temptress
Pyritie - Ice Cube
oGre_ - Snowy Stones
Tranquil - Iron Gate
Olofmoleman - Magic Door
Lestat(br) - Enchanting Swords
Pyramidhe@d - Gears
Mc ! - Gold pieces

Effects
________

WILLTHEALMIGHT - Gron'tok ground pound proc
JetFangInferno - Gron'tok ground pound setup

Icons
_______

Kelthuzad - Dark Helm
NFWar - Bandit's Armor
Olyvian - Legacy
CRAZYRUSSIAN - Demonic Bulwark
InfinityNexus - Ancient Locket
BlackDoom - Token of Faith

- Replace the Witch Doctor's Siphon Mana with a proper Soul Harvest ability like seen in the trailers
- Give the Witch Doctor a different type of healing ability
- Cause the Monks Seven Strikes ability to greatly slow enemy units in the target area so they don't just run away when he does it

- Ogre Lord Gron'tok doesn't pause sometimes for one reason or another and comes down with the temptress's instead of after you've killed them all. If this happens to you please tell me.

10/01/2010
- Changed map name and author
- Scaled down the Dark Lord final boss
- The Dark Lord final boss now casts his abilities
- Removed the first ghostly orb you encounter from the game
- Changed frozen units after ice bridge to better match the snow theme
- Added end-game message after you kill the Dark Lord
- The Witch Doctor's Soul Harvest ability is now similar to the one shown in the trailers
- I have posted an unprotected version for people to edit

198037-albums4090-picture38459.png
198037-albums3974-picture37219.jpg

NOTE: an unprotected version can be found here: Diablo 3 Warcraft. Alternatively, you can PM for an unprotected version if the link is not working or broken.

Keywords:
Diablo, Diablo 3, Diablo 3 Warcraft, Diablo Warcraft, Cloudwolf, Voodoo Studios, Voodoo, Raven, Raven0, Blizzard, Blizzard Entertainment, Expansion, E
Contents

Diablo III Warcraft - Rise of Terror (Map)

Reviews
11:46, 8th Apr 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Approved
Level 16
A little suggestion:
Someone said that by using the lumber cheat we can have infinite lives. It's quite easy to prevent this: use an integer array and store the life of each player. Use a periodic loop and set each player's lumber ammount to the correct value. Voila! It's pretty simple. I can do it in vJASS if you need, but I think you can do it all alone :)

Also, a little question: what about the Demon Hunter? I know that the original doesn't contain her, but she's been already revealed on the latest BlizzCon. Maybe you should ask Booody, his map containts her as well.

You can only do it in SP... I don't he needs to bother much with that... since this map is supposed to be played in MP...

and there's a much more efficient way to do it... rather than checking every player, just check a non-used slot (or any of the computer player), if that player gains lumber then it would mean that the cheat is used... but as I've said, he doesn't need to bother with it that much...

About the DH: if you read his previous posts, you would have read that he has plans for it...

Level 16
I haven't read the whole thread, that was just a question.

The cheat is usable in single player only, but it can be stull unfair (ah, no, this isn't the right word - you're playing alone, so there're no fair/unfair things). BTW you're all alone, and you can do it for fun, but I hate cheats, and I like preventing players from using them, and things like that - for example the save blocker snippet. It's my (bad/good) habbit, someone jusges me while others thinks the same. It depends on Raven0.

Level 17
I haven't read the whole thread, that was just a question.

The cheat is usable in single player only, but it can be stull unfair (ah, no, this isn't the right word - you're playing alone, so there're no fair/unfair things). BTW you're all alone, and you can do it for fun, but I hate cheats, and I like preventing players from using them, and things like that - for example the save blocker snippet. It's my (bad/good) habbit, someone jusges me while others thinks the same. It depends on Raven0.

There will always be ways for people to cheat anyway..
Why not just let them cheat the easy way insted of wasting their time when all they want to do is enjoy the map in their own way?
I love exploiting games, finding glitches, bugs, etc. I even have action replay for multiple consoles.
I obviously play games legit first, I honestly 100% most of the games I play...
I never use this in multiplayer scenarios or where it gives me an unfair adventage (becouse that is not even fun.. Imagine playing something where you just can't loose.. ugh... That would just be so damn boring..), but it can sometimes make things more fun, and it makes games last longer.

But that is just me....

And Raven0, do not update this! Join the forces of sc2 and make me improve my galaxy coding insted! xD (I am going to read your tutorials tomorrow, if I remember to do so :p)

Level 1
Hi, can someone help me every time I start a good Warcraft 3 map, an error message "This application has encountered a critical error:
For this command is not enough memory available.
Program: c \ Program Files (x86) \ \ warcraft iii \ worldedit.exe
Object: WERandomGroupSet (.?AUWERandomGroupSet@@)

Press ok to terminate the application.

Why might that be?
Please answer!

Level 4
Raven0 , can't you guys put together a little tutorial on how to make the terrain?
I mean with the smooth cliffs that goes straight down.
Cause I´ve tried to make it in alot of different ways for my dungeon map, but I just can't the cliff walls to be straight!

Help!

Level 4
Raven0, would be awesome if you could post a tutorial video on how to make the terrain thats featured in this map, and by that i mean that flat edges giving the visual effect of an high plateau that your character is standing on, because ive tried to do this but i cant figure out how to use raise here, because i just get angled walls, so if you could do any sort of tutorial on the terrain from Diablo 3 wc3 i would be really happy!!

@wc3 noob - there is a tutorial for that I think on the tuts section... but basically, you just need an edited version of MiscData.txt to be able to do them... (I think its available on some thread on the Terrain Board...)

@sammath - this is raven0's version, which I think is made from the original map by CloudMax... this is not boody's D3...

Level 1
Hi nice map, but i got this error when I exit the inventory.

PLZ help.

I have:
AMD Athlon II X2 270
GA-MA770T-UD3
NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GTO
win 7 ultimate 64 bit

Level 1
I'm really enjoying the map thus far, very impressed by all the work from the original and now this extension.

A few comments:

- This may just be something inherent in the WC3 engine, but is there some way to keep the right corner menu focus always on your main character, or make it always default back to it? Seems like I am constantly hitting ESC (sometimes by mistake) and then F1 to get back the menu to the character which can take away from the gameplay in sticky situations. Sometimes I have inadvertently clicked on something and there are no options in the menu, and suddenly there's a ton of stuff spawned on me.

- Also is there a way to implement "smart-cast" like in LoL, so that you don't have to hit Q and then target and click?

- Is there some reason for the 3 lives limit? Would be nice to have an option for unlimited since I keep dying and running out of lives.

- Is the camera locked in place? Every once in a while it seems like I am able to zoom in, which is kind of cool, but then it goes away.

- I seem to have run into a crash(?) in my last play-session: I am loading from a saved game and as soon as I hit ESC to go to inventory, the screen dims. I can still access the F10 and other menus, but cannot access the inventory. As soon as I hit ESC again I get a fatal error (memory could not be read) or something like that.
how can fix esc fatal erorr?