• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Diablo III PvP Arena v.1.03

Diablo III PvP Arena
by Booody, Hell Gate​

diablocolor.jpg

Hello and welcome to my project introduction.
My new Diablo III map is a fast Arena PvP map with many references
to the Diablo III PvP Trailer.

The map is my fourth Diablo III map and has many similarities with my previous maps.

Features:

Heroes:
Player can pick Barbarian, Wizard, Monk, Demon Hunter or Witch Doctor hero to play with.

Triggered Abilities:
All abilities are custom made: You will see awesome special effects within game! From basic killing enemies to powerful spells! Almost all skills are dependent on attributes and have special rune effects.

Large Pool of Skills:
There are 10 skills for each class (total 50). You select 5 skills of 10 for your hero.

Traits:
You can select one of 3 traits for each class. Traits are passive skills. They determine your game considerably.

HeroesPlayable with up to 6 Players:
You can play game with max 6 players! Modes 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, or 3 vs 3.

Gold and Heal Orb drops:
You can heal yourself when you run over a heal orb and you can pick gold to buy items.

Items:
You can buy items in shop to improve your might.

Diablo like Arena:
The arena is almost like the Diablo 3 PvP trailer.

How to play:

At the beginning the host chooses the number of rounds (12,21 or 30 rounds). Each player chooses a hero who starts on level 10. Each player has a preparation room. There the player prepares his hero for the fight in a preparation time. There are 4 building: skills, traits, items, runes.

In the skillshop, there are 10 skills for each class to choose from. Players choose five skills from there. Any skill excludes an other specific skill and is placed in a specific skill slot. All skills have 9 levels. Each player has 10 skill points (lumber section) at the beginning. Each skill costs 1 point per skill level. You can max 3 points to invest in a skill at the beginning.

In the traitshop you choose traits (passive skills). There are 3 traits per class. The first trait point is free. Any other trait levels costs gold. For example, the Wizard selects one from the following traits:

Glass Cannon:
Level 1 - Increases the Damage of most Wizard Skills by 15%, but reduces Armor by -5.
Level 2 - Increases the Damage of most Wizard Skills by 25%, but reduces Armor by -8.
Level 3 - Increases the Damage of most Wizard Skills by 35%, but reduces armor by -11.

Expanded Mind:
Level 1 - Increases the Arcane Power of the Wizard by 200, so you can cast spells more often.
Level 2 - Increases the Arcane Power of the Wizard by 300, so you can cast spells more often.
Level 3 - Increases the Arcane Power of the Wizard by 400, so you can cast spells more often.

Conjured Armor:
Level 1 - Increases the Wizard's Armor by 6, and the Movement Speed by 10%.
Level 2 - Increases the Wizard's Armor by 9, and the Movement Speed by 15%.
Level 3 - Increases the Wizard's Armor by 12, and the Movement Speed by 20%.

Each class has his own traits.

In the itemshop you can buy items. You collect gold throughout the game. Higher-value items costs more gold.

In the runeshop you can buy runes. Runes are relatively inexpensive. Runes increases skills (for example increases skill damage, add a new effect, changed skill effect etc.). A rune increases a specific of the selected skills. You can carry max. 2 runes.

After the preparation round starts the battle round. Every 3 battle rounds all heroes will receive +3 levels, +3 skillpoints, +goldbonus and a new preparation round starts. Here you can invest the collected gold in new items, runes, or trait levels. And you can improve your skills. The maximum hero level is 30. The team which has the most kills at the end wins.

Skills:

Barbarian:

Cleave
Warshout
Seismic Slam
Weapon Throw
Leap Attack
Ground Stomp
Furious Charge
Ancient Spear (in Development)
Whirlwind
Battle Rage

Wizard:

Electrocute
Charged Bolt
Arcane Orb
Spectral Blades
Energy Twister
Frost Nova
Hydra
Meteor
Slow Time
Teleportation

Witch Doctor:

Firebomb
Poison Dart (in Development)
Summon Mongrels
Spirit Walk
Locust Swarm
Acid Cloud
Plague of Toads
Corpse Spiders
Soul Harvest
Fetish Army

Monk:

Crippling Wave
Hands of Lightning
Way of the Hundred Fists
Exploding Palm
Serenty
Blinding Flash
Holy Aura
Dominate Aura
Seven Sided Strike
Wave of Light

Demon Hunter:

Molten Arrow
Entangling Shot
Fan of Knives
Vault
Grenade
Bola Shot
Spike Trap
Shock Spike
Multishot
Warden (in Development)

Project Leader: Booody
Triggerer: Hell Gate

Beta

Icons:

- CRAZYRUSSIAN
- Skrik
- Mr. Frank (Spire Inc.)

Models / Skins:

- shamanyouranus
- Pyramidhe@d
- Taylor_Mouse
- Pinachet
- Dan van Ohllus
- Fan
- ironmaiden
- Dionesiist
- Just_Spectating
- Cloudwolf
- Mr.Goblin
- Cycloverid
- The_Silent
- Sellenisko
- HappyTauren
- SuPa-
- Archian
- 67chrome
- Callahan
- Cavman
- Nasrudin
- Denu
- Ampharos_222
- Boneknight
- WILL THE ALMIGHTY
- rain.mon
- Xezko
- levigeorge1617
- expresso
- Afronight_76
- Vestras
- General Frank
- Midnighters
- FrIkY
- Misha
- Kitaba
- xXm0rpH3usXx
- JetFangInferno
- Minox
- Illidan(Evil)X
- Amigurumi
- Just_Spectating

Trigger Systems:

- hell gate

improved descriptions, grammar errors corrected

- Vengeancekael
- Ebisux
- IronForge
- Clan 13sA

From 1.02g->1.03
New Features for this version:

- recource systems of Barbarian, Wizard, Demon Hunter changed
- gameplay improvements
- new original Diablo III icons included
- many bugs fixed
- many rune effects changed / improved
- a few items changed
- new music
- trigger improvements

1.02f-->1.02g

-a problem with the skill Fetish Army is fixed
1.02e-->1.02f

- open source update
- Seismic Slam Rune Effect changed
- a few bugs fixed
- Monk -1 Starting Strength
1.02d-->1.02e

- new Diablo like font
1.02c-->1.02d

- Dash completly fixed
1.02b-->1.02c

- preparation round time is now 40 seconds instead of 50 seconds
- Dash is now fixed (Hotkey)
- a great bug is fixed (a few players remained in the lobby)
1.02-->1.02b

- battle round time is now 4 minutes instead of 5 minutes
- Teleportation mana costs decreased
- grammar mistakes fixed
- other bugfixing
1.01-->1.02

- now 5 vs 5 players possible instead of 3 vs 3 players
- improved damage show system
- skill descriptions show skill cooldowns

Barbarian:

- Rage degeneration more slowly now
- max. Rage increased by 100
- Ancient Spear improved

Wizard:

- Hydra: 6 sec cooldown instead of 4 sec
- Teleportation: mana costs now increase with skill level (15 per level)

Witch Doctor:

- Summon Mongrels: mongrels become a defense bonus of 0,5 per skill level (starting defense: 1)
- Locust Swarm: rune effect changed to a slow effect

Monk:

- Crippling Wave reduces enemies movementspeed by 35% instead of 50%
- Holy Aura: movementspeed decreased to 6-22% instead of 10-34%
- Trait Endurance increases the Monk's HP by 200/300/400 instead of 250/400/550
- Serenty Cooldown +5 seconds

- new skill Dash (escape mechanism)

Demon Hunter:

- Molten Arrow +10% damage, Cooldown 2,2 seconds instead of 2,5 seconds
- Entangling Shot +10% damage
- Bola Shot +10% damage
- Fan of Knifes +10% damage
- Multishot Cooldown 2,2 seconds instead of 2,5 seconds

1.0c-->1.01

- bugfixing
- a few terrain improvements
- skills changed:
Barbarian:
- new skill: Ancient Spear: The Barbarian fires a mystical spear to snare and damage his enemies and haul them back into melee range.
- Whirlwind: damage is equal to xxx% of Strength, Whirlwind benefits from Legendary Might Trait damage bonus
- Rage balance improvement

Wizard:
- Charged Bolt: cooldown 0,7 seconds (instead of 0 seconds)
- Arcane Orb: speed increased by 20%
- Teleportation: -1 second cooldown, +50 range

Witch Doctor:
- new skill: Poison Dart: The Witch Doctor blows multiple poisoned darts at the enemy, dealing initial poison damage and damage over-time (5 seconds)
- Spirit Walk: +7 seconds cooldown, -10 damage
- Acid Cloud: -10% of Intelligence damage, +1 second cooldown
- Plague of Toads: Toads deals 85% of Intelligence damage (instead of 100%)
- Corpse Spiders: Spiders deals 85% of Intelligence damage (instead of 100%), number of spiders increased by 1

Monk:
- Blinding Flash: +1 second cooldown
- Seven Sided Strike: +1 second cooldown
- Wave of Light: +1 second cooldown
- Spirit regeneration decreased by ca. 15%

Demon Hunter:
- new skill: Warden: Creates a stationary warden at target point for 10 seconds that attacks enemies with bolts of lightning.

1.0b-->1.0c

- new battle round time limit (5 minutes)
- Witch Doctor's Mind and Body Trait little decreased HP regeneration
- Demon Hunter's Vault damage bug fixed
- Monk's Serenty hotkey bug fixed
- a few terrain improvements
1.0-->1.0b

- Molten Arrow deals normal damage now
- many skills have higher cooldown now
- Barbarian: Using Cleave or Warshout he now receives mana (rage)
- Seismic Slam and Weapon Throw costs no longer mana but have higher cooldown

-Beta release

The map is inspired from Cloudwolfs map.

Screenshots:

wc3scrnshot020211145317.jpg

wc3scrnshot020211145157.jpg

wc3scrnshot011911121054.jpg

wc3scrnshot011911123621.jpg

wc3scrnshot011911161448.jpg

wc3scrnshot011911165946.jpg

wc3scrnshot011911235152.jpg

wc3scrnshot012611195034.jpg

Thanks to the following persons:

Cloudwolf for his fantastic map and the inspiration to this map.
Hell Gate for the trigger systems.

It is only a test version for balancing improvement. Skills and Items are not finished. A new version will come soon. I need some reports of gameplay, to make it better.

I hope you like my project. I am glad for suggestions, opinions and criticism :csmile:

Keywords:
Diablo,3,booody,arena,pvp
Contents

Diablo III PvP Arena v.1.03 (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael: Private Message Date: 2012/Mar/17 14:48:03 Reasons: Other: Check out the tutorials section: Tutorials Check out the Map Development Section: Map Development Section Check out the World Editor Help Zone (Trigger issues, object...
Level 12
The great balancing update will come soon. The new version 1.02 will have the following new features:

- now 5 vs 5 players possible instead of 3 vs 3 players
- improved damage show system
- skill descriptions show skill cooldowns

Barbarian:

- Rage degeneration more slowly now
- max. Rage increased by 100
- Ancient Spear improved

Wizard:

- Hydra: 6 sec cooldown instead of 4 sec
- Teleportation: mana costs now increase with skill level (15 per level)

- perhaps new skill Disintegrate

Witch Doctor:

- mongrels become a defense bonus of 0,5 per skill level (starting defense: 1)

Monk:

- Crippling Wave reduces enemies movementspeed by 35% instead of 50%
- Holy Aura: movementspeed decreased to 6-22% instead of 10-34%
- Trait Endurance increases the Monk's HP by 200/300/400 instead of 250/400/550
- Serenty Cooldown +5 seconds

- new skill Dash (escape mechanism)

Demon Hunter:

- Molten Arrow +10% damage, Cooldown 2,2 seconds instead of 2,5 seconds
- Entangling Shot +10% damage
- Bola Shot +10% damage
- Fan of Knifes +10% damage
- Multishot Cooldown 2,2 seconds instead of 2,5 seconds

Last edited:
Level 2
+15 mana per level?
I acknowledge tp was over powered, but I think it will become useless if you do that. It would be better if you change as: (+15 mana for every use, under 4 sc cd, limit mana max cost : 150)

Level 1
Hey Booody, big fan here; I really enjoyed the 1.01 map, and the changelogs for 1.02b (especially the new 5v5 option) appeared to be suitable, however the 1.02b map was unplayable for me and my friends, and I have noticed a few bugs. If I may suggest for revisions:

1. After the first waiting period, a few players remained in the lobby (at one point, the whole entire Team 2 remained there).
2. I noticed the "Dash" skill for monk [hotkey R] shared the same cast-type as the hotkey T skills. I would have to first cast the T skills before I was able to cast the dash [R] skill.
3. With larger teams, the leaderboard gets in the way as it is not minimizable. I think multiboards are a better choice.
4. The wait period between every 3 rounds felt quite lengthy. My friends suggested a "Ready" button or something similar to make sure all players are ready.

I also have a few questions to ask:

1. Are the skill damages based on physical damage or magical damage? If they were magic damage, I don't see much use of armor in the game.
2. Do the rune % benefits account for the total damage calculated after the skill math?
For example, if I had a skill with (500%) damage and the rune gave (+25%) bonus, is the final damage:
500% + 25% = 525% or
500% * (1.25) = 625%?
3. Do the rune % benefits stack? If I had two (25%) runes of the same type do I get a 50% benefit?

Again, full support from me and my friends, we all enjoy the map and look forward to any future releases.

Level 12
Hey Booody, big fan here; I really enjoyed the 1.01 map, and the changelogs for 1.02b (especially the new 5v5 option) appeared to be suitable, however the 1.02b map was unplayable for me and my friends, and I have noticed a few bugs. If I may suggest for revisions:

1. After the first waiting period, a few players remained in the lobby (at one point, the whole entire Team 2 remained there).
2. I noticed the "Dash" skill for monk [hotkey R] shared the same cast-type as the hotkey T skills. I would have to first cast the T skills before I was able to cast the dash [R] skill.
3. With larger teams, the leaderboard gets in the way as it is not minimizable. I think multiboards are a better choice.
4. The wait period between every 3 rounds felt quite lengthy. My friends suggested a "Ready" button or something similar to make sure all players are ready.

I also have a few questions to ask:

1. Are the skill damages based on physical damage or magical damage? If they were magic damage, I don't see much use of armor in the game.
2. Do the rune % benefits account for the total damage calculated after the skill math?
For example, if I had a skill with (500%) damage and the rune gave (+25%) bonus, is the final damage:
500% + 25% = 525% or
500% * (1.25) = 625%?
3. Do the rune % benefits stack? If I had two (25%) runes of the same type do I get a 50% benefit?

Again, full support from me and my friends, we all enjoy the map and look forward to any future releases.

I have released a new version. Bugs are fixed :) Look into changelog.
If you find other bugs, then tell it me please. This update will be not the last update.

Your questions:
1. Most skills have physical damage. But some skills have magical damage.

2. The rune give total skill damage * 1,25
(500% * 1,25 = 625%)
If you have a Trait damage bonus, then it is for example:
Trait damage bonus 10%
(500% * 1.25) * 1,10 = 687%

3. Runes do not stack for the same ability.

Have fun :)

In the next time I will update my Diablo III Campaign maps. Then the Diablo III Campaign project will be finished.

Level 2
in most of your other topics is still standing beta, i was just confused...
another question, why do the mongrels die after 50 sec? i mean, why arent they permanent (if they arent sacrified or killed...)?

Level 2
hmm, but they may die or be sacrified, i mean, i just hate it if they dissolve out of combat and i have to resummon them... i think in D3 they will be permanent, too.

Level 2
Can you include a "free for all" mode? As that, if we are pair or unpair, we can play.
You may make a "capture the flag" mode where you diseable teleportation's skills...
And few more mode as: All random, Sames heroes, etc...
For Witch doctor, you can give him a stun when a heroes is near him, because I think he's so vulnerable about TP skills, and confer a %(10) of his intelligence for sumon's damage.

Level 1
I think that all skills should be based on % Attributes, just so some skills will not lose their use in different periods of the game.

Also, I'm wondering if it would be too hard to do the "Ready" button in between rounds. The reason for this is that some experienced players who prepare fast feel that they're wasting time inside the lobby, and new players who prepare slow might not have enough time to get ready. This ready button could be a spot on the ground, and when all players are stepping on it, the match starts.

As another idea, I think it would be better if all players were in one lobby, while preventing them from killing each other by using an invulnerability buff. By doing this, map space may be saved, as only 4 shops are required instead of (4shops) x (10players)=40 shops. In addition, all players may see the class of their allies and enemies. Also, when combined with the ready button idea above, only one area is needed.

Also, it is hard to click around with so many tabs on the left and right
Left: I think the character portraits on the left hand side are unnecessary and should be removed
Right: Multiboards, not leaderboards! So we can minimize them and they wont be in the way.

Level 4
I think that all skills should be based on % Attributes, just so some skills will not lose their use in different periods of the game.

Also, I'm wondering if it would be too hard to do the "Ready" button in between rounds. The reason for this is that some experienced players who prepare fast feel that they're wasting time inside the lobby, and new players who prepare slow might not have enough time to get ready. This ready button could be a spot on the ground, and when all players are stepping on it, the match starts.

As another idea, I think it would be better if all players were in one lobby, while preventing them from killing each other by using an invulnerability buff. By doing this, map space may be saved, as only 4 shops are required instead of (4shops) x (10players)=40 shops. In addition, all players may see the class of their allies and enemies. Also, when combined with the ready button idea above, only one area is needed.

Also, it is hard to click around with so many tabs on the left and right
Left: I think the character portraits on the left hand side are unnecessary and should be removed
Right: Multiboards, not leaderboards! So we can minimize them and they wont be in the way.

vouch that

This was GREAT!
Saw a bug though:
Was playing, first round, blue team's witch doctor's summons were on red team. After the first round they were on blue team, but the first round they were on red team and it really threw off the balance. I don't see what could cause such a bug to happen only during the first round and be fixed in the rest, but you should look into it.
Wonderful game, though, I love playing 2v2 battles. 5/5 and +rep!

Level 1
Excellent map! Thank for creating it :)
I agree with .Cao.
Teleportation is sick, no one can chase Wizard, except another Wizard and she easy to take Heal Orbs. In addition, Wizard doesn't need movement speed, cuz of her Teleportation.
Monk is the best character @@ early, mid, late. During his combo, no one can hurt him.

I love this map and want it will be popular, too :)

Last edited:
Level 1
I'm sorry, when read Adiktuz's post, I realized that I mistaken, I mean next version of Diablo PvP arena map ^^
btw, Booody, can I use your first post in other forum, to introduce people?

Level 12
I'm sorry, when read Adiktuz's post, I realized that I mistaken, I mean next version of Diablo PvP arena map ^^
btw, Booody, can I use your first post in other forum, to introduce people?

Yes you can use it. The Diablo III maps needs more popularity. At the moment I am not work on the map. But in the future I plan a new version with Disintegrate and any balance improvements and item improvements...

Level 12
You really could merge the preparation zones into single one, using dummies for each player which are dependent on the selected character.

Each player needs separately preparation buildings for his own hero. They are dependent on the hero class. So I cant merge the preparation zones into single one. This is not the final version.

If you want to change this map, I give you the permit to do it. The map is open source for each player now. But please give credits if you change this map. I want to create a new version with more bugfixes and Disintegrate.

Level 1
Have some troubles with this map in russian version of warcraft 3 tft. Can't see russian fonts.
Screenshots below:

P.S. Map is epic, but don't popular in russian/ukraine garena rooms. I don't see this map created by users.
Maybe i can translate it to russian language. It's hard? I don't have experience of translating warcraft 3 maps. :(

Level 12
Have some troubles with this map in russian version of warcraft 3 tft. Can't see russian fonts.
Screenshots below:

P.S. Map is epic, but don't popular in russian/ukraine garena rooms. I don't see this map created by users.
Maybe i can translate it to russian language. It's hard? I don't have experience of translating warcraft 3 maps. :(

Sorry but I don't know this problem. I havn't translated this map into Russian. :/

Level 1
Sorry but I don't know this problem. I havn't translated this map into Russian. :/
It's happens with all of your D3 maps when you installed diablo like fonts. You don't need to translate this map. Try to install standart war3 fonts into this map. I'll test it.

Last edited:
Level 13
Screenshots below:

It's simple.. about Russian fonts.
The custom font used in all Diablo III Maps isn't compatible with other fonts like one you use. If you really have the problem use alt + shift when you enter in game and you'll use English keyboard. Same to turn it off.
I think it's because of diffrent letters. GL