• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Diablo Eternal (Work in Progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello there folks,

After 2018 BlizzCon where they introduced us to Diablo Immortal, it inspired me to make this map. It started on a small idea and then became bigger and bigger.

This map is playable from 1 to 8 players. It is difficult at start for 1 player but becomes slightly easier as you level up. Keep in mind this is a Work in Progress. Only 1 class is available and items are not yet entierely implented. This map is for anyone, but if you played Diablo and Diablo II you should find some references like names, dungeon and abilities.

I'm not sure I want to invest much more into this project, it's been fun so far completing the Amazon, but doing all other classes might take some times.

Let me know what you think.

Warcraft Diablo 01.png
WC3ScrnShot_021919_220553_02.png
WD02.PNG

Attachments

• Diablo Eternal 0.21.w3x
    363.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Level 14
Introduce Akara (or Pepin) based free healing like in the previous diablos (in diablo 1 and 2 there is free healing at the town) so that we do not have in solo moments where you just sit until you regain hit points(maybe it is only a low level issue but trust me nobody find challenging or fun to wait in town until your hit points refills so a source of instant free healing in town could be a good idea).
I did find that unlike what I did think monsters have triggers to drop loot but it triggers only for neutral hostile units and bosses but not for monsters in the forces of evil that are not bosses.
So basically only bosses and destructible drops anything.
I suggest you redo the drop trigger to work when you kill a monster in the forces of evil team.

Last edited:
Level 6
Introduce Akara (or Pepin) based free healing like in the previous diablos (in diablo 1 and 2 there is free healing at the town) so that we do not have in solo moments where you just sit until you regain hit points(maybe it is only a low level issue but trust me nobody find challenging or fun to wait in town until your hit points refills so a source of instant free healing in town could be a good idea).
I did find that unlike what I did think monsters have triggers to drop loot but it triggers only for neutral hostile units and bosses but not for monsters in the forces of evil that are not bosses.
So basically only bosses and destructible drops anything.
I suggest you redo the drop trigger to work when you kill a monster in the forces of evil team.

Yes, I've changed from Neutral hostile to player 9 just a bit before this version and I thought about Akara healing, and just forgot to note it. Thanks for reminding me. Was the character sheet hard to use ? It's a bit complex and it lacks a tutorial...

Level 14
Yes, I've changed from Neutral hostile to player 9 just a bit before this version and I thought about Akara healing, and just forgot to note it. Thanks for reminding me. Was the character sheet hard to use ? It's a bit complex and it lacks a tutorial...
Anyway good luck with your project.
I made a version with an healing akara and drops from monsters(but my version of the map is not compatible with your wc3) but it stills feels grindy early.

Status
Not open for further replies.