1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The results for Texturing Contest #28 are out! Step by to congratulate our winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Join us in our custom games night on Saturday, July 14. If you'd like to create a map for the night, check out the map challenge!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Join in on Icon Contest #17 and show your interpretation of a legendary equipment set!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. We've created the Staff Job Openings thread. We're currently in need of icon, video production, and social/multimedia positions to be filled. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Music Contest #10 Retro is out! Join us for some retro/vintage fun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don't be stagnant - embrace change! The time has come to evolve and join the Techtree Contest #12 - Evolution.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. On May 20th a new law about privacy and data processing comes into work in the EU. I am no lawyer and I need help figuring out if we comply and if not, what we must do about it. Please message me if you can provide any assistance. Read more. Ralle
    Dismiss Notice

Diablo Builder 1.0b

Submitted by kleinerhauck
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Host map Arrange game

[​IMG]
Diablo Builder

Introduction

Diablo Builder (DB) is the closest to Diablo1 you have ever seen in a WarCraft 3 map.
It contains 90% of the items, enemies and spells of the original game and lots more.
Unfortunately it was much more work than I expected, and I lost motivation and didn't finish everything.
Here is a list of what is missing, compared to Diablo1/Hellfire:

Bosses (and Diablo himself)
Monster specific AI
Difficulty Levels
Quests
An authentic tristram
Durability of Items
Catacombs, Cave and Hell level-style
Decoratives
Wirret and some other NPCs
Some monster abilities and models (e.g. goat men swinging attack, goat men archers)
Direct stairs to lvl 5,9,13
Walls with bars, doors
Traps that reduce the quality of potions
Oils

If you feel like working on any of this to improve the map just PM me.

Characters

There are 3 character classes in DB: The Warrior, rogue and sorceror.
Each must be played differently, and each has it's strengths and weaknesses.
In DB you can save your characters with all their items, spells and other stats.
The save-code can get pretty ugly if you carry many items, so try to save only what you really need (potions etc. won't be saved by default).
In single player you can use the game cache to save and just use your hero's name to load.

Character Sheet

[​IMG]

Fighting

[​IMG]

This is the command card. But you don't really have to use it.
Basically, you right click enemies to attack (1 click = 1 strike) and press D to hold position. Then you can attack by clicking anywhere.
Additionally there are the hotkeys Q to T (in one line) for spells.
You are allowed to put any of your spells (about 25) on any hotkey except T, which is used for staff charges.

There are many monsters waiting for you in the dark, and you will need skill and swiftness to defeat them.

Items & Inventory

[​IMG]

Here you see the inventory system, which is very comfortable to use.
You just hover the mouse over an item to display it's stats in the multiboard.
You click it to 'grab' and then put it somewhere (or sell it/use it) with another click on the respective icon.
You can also put items in your belt and use them directly in battle by right clicking them or pressing numbers from 1 to 0:
[​IMG]

But what items are there?
Items can have one of 3 classifications: Basic, magic and unique.
I created all normal item types there are in Diablo1/Hellfire and they can have ALL suffixes and prefixes (except durability modifiers), which creates a giant number of possible magic items for you to find.
However I took the freedom to create new uniques myself, like this one for example:
[​IMG]

There is a total of 69 basic items, 163 suffixes or prefixes and 93 uniques.

Note

This map is fully playable.
There is an issue with the belt icons sometimes (after you die they somehow don't get refreshed, just open the inventory to fix it), but that's it as far as I know.

However due to the lacking of bosses and quests it is not as good as I had in mind.
So if anyone wants to help improve it feel free to PM me!
(The map is made in GUI 95%)

Type -edit to build and -play to return to your hero.
(This is also explained in the tooltips of the items your hero has)

More Screenshots

[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

If you want to have a look at the map or work on it scroll down to the 11th post.

Credits for models/skins/icons:

Models:
.KC Villager with 40 animations
Cavman Female villager with 40 animations
Misha and 67chrome Walls
Sunchips and Kitabatake Lots of equipment
Chriz. Treasure chest
EviL_BuddhA Scroll
Vermillion Edict Rogue belt
Lord-T-Rex Rogue head band
MistAssass Maul
darkdeathknight Armor Stand
Tr!KzZ Gold Pile

Icons:
NFWar, ikillforeyou, UnholyDobry, PeeKay, -Berz-, lllLSDlll, GooS, Coinblin, CRAZYRUSSIAN.

Thanks alot guys!

Also big thanks to Jarulf and others, who made the great Diablo 1 guide providing all the data needed to create this map.

Spell icons by Blizzard.
Sounds by Blizzard.

Changelog

1.0b
- Fixed a bug causing the anti-cheat system to detect cheats even though none were used and added a message telling you that you can't save anymore
- Fixed spawning of 2 arrows instead of one
- Fixed a bug preventing you from placing levers

Keywords:
Diablo, Hellfire, RPG, Inventory, Build, Builder, Dungeon, Dark, Items, Demon, Save, Load, Catacombs, Hell
Contents

Diablo Builder 1.0b (Map)

Reviews
10:46, 15th Sep 2011 Vengeancekael: Status: Approved
  1. 10:46, 15th Sep 2011
    Vengeancekael:

2. jxtranghero

jxtranghero

Resources:
    Resources:
    Another great map!

3. gtsimos

gtsimos

Resources:
    Resources:
    looks nice :)

4. Wolwy5

Wolwy5

Resources:
    Resources:
    I was making a same tipe of map, exactly the same way... :(((

Now there is no point in finnishing it

5. kleinerhauck

kleinerhauck

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    lol, I should have uploaded it earlier I guess :/
    Wanna work on this one instead? As you can see a lot of stuff is still missing.

6. Wolwy5

Wolwy5

Resources:
    Resources:
  7. Bloodwing

Bloodwing

Resources:
    Resources:
    omfg need to test O.O
    looks realy awesome. nice job *thumbs up*

8. Switch33

Switch33

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is really actually quite nice; anyway i can take a look at the triggers you used to set the belt buttons sorta?

9. TheShiznizel

TheShiznizel

Resources:
    Resources:
    good work this is an excellent map i love it... one problem i just spent half an hour trying to figure out how to build or just play the friken game! i used the help buttons and and it talks about some ccons (wtf that ever could be) in the top left corner witch isnt there!?!

i know im missing some thing can some one plz point it out to me...

but overall you did a very good job!!!

10. TwoVenomous

TwoVenomous

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    the icons that he told about is the icon that we can reach by pressing f1,f2,and f3. the f1 is used for placing walls to the dungeon, the f2 is used to destroy the things that you have added and the f3 is used for placing items like chest, armor stand, etc. :grin:

11. kleinerhauck

kleinerhauck

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Here you go, I attached the complete map except Save/Load system and my custom uniques.
    Feel free to use any systems you find, just give credit pls.
    They aren't really commented though (or sometimes in German), so it might be hard to figure out what's happening.. especially since I was lazy and sometimes used global variables from other systems in cases it couldn't lead to a bug :D

@All: You can also use this version of the map to add new features, as I can put it back together in no time.

Thanks for the nice feedback, I appreciate it!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  12. deaththekid

deaththekid

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hmmm let me test it
    great map!

13. Anchorist

Anchorist

Resources:
    Resources:
    How did You do that bar with potions ?!

14. kleinerhauck

kleinerhauck

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Just download the map 2 posts above yours ;-)
    I used images to display it and the hero's smart order (or dummy units for hotkeys 1-0) to use the items.

15. Dogzo

Dogzo

Resources:
    Resources:
    so you create your own map of diablo by the name builder? C00l i like builders, i will host this :)

16. toasted

toasted

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks fine, but you should fix green icons if deactivated/in pause mode by changing the path of the imported icons (black button e.g.) into custom path: ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\iconname.blp

17. Bloodwing

Bloodwing

Resources:
    Resources:
    first play was realy good . but i think i found a bug : you cant go back town with the stairs. you only get to the strairs to lvl 2... or i am just to stupid to build it right :/ but i tryed allready some things

18. kleinerhauck

kleinerhauck

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I know how it works, but I wanted to keep the filesize lower.
    Since you don't look at other hero's inventories in this map you really only see them when u press F10 or something, and imo that doesn't matter.

That's odd Bloodwing.
    The level in the top left corner should always be connected to the town.. which dungeons did you use/how did you connect them?

19. Switch33

Switch33

Resources:
    Resources:
    http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...rpg-hack-n-slash-dnd-style-recruiting-203518/

I'm workin on a map with an inventory similar to d2's structure. Was wondering if you could help explain a bit of how you coded some of the things in this. Cause if so then I can try to replicate it in anarchon's inventory(already sorta working on sockets; magic prefixes/suffixes, merchants, etc) and some other scripts. I'm asking mainly because it's very hard to understand your triggers cause of the massive amounts of variables; and i think you'd have an interest in my project anyway. It's like this somewhat but with closer resemblance to Diablo 2 or Diablo 3 rather than Diablo and has some interesting other features that should be great like being fully in vJASS and save-able in MULTIplayer with FULL saves that will even auto-load! Heck your definitely free to join my project if you want as well.

Whats working with the inventory so far?
    Sets; charms; sell; arrows/throwing weapons; and i think i'm close on figuring how to make an merchant system

You can also contact me via skype: Switch33

Last edited: Sep 17, 2011