• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spellcircle 1.0b

Tasyen

Spellcircle
Created by Tasyen

Map Info:

A fast team PVP arena, with focus on spellcasting and using portals.
In another World the circles of the Spellkings Quartis and Edi entered a fantasy world filled with power which someone
unknown has explored. Both circles want to conquer this world to use its amazing energie sources. After none wants to resign this world
the circles of Quartis and Edi started war by sending their elite Wizards to this world.

Features:

Become a powerful wizard who can summon armies, create magical traps, bombard/Destroy Areas with magic, transform into an Magical Beast and alot more.

AI.
Gamemods:
  • Fight and get as team the free setable killscore first. Players get revived after they got killed.
  • Wipe out the other Team to win a round. Win a free setable round amount to Win.
  • Destroy Flags, to controll them. A Flag's owner gains frequently Points.

Some else stuff about map:

This Map is open source.
Has a lot of portals.
The Sanctum at the center is a Portal which teleport direction changes frequently.

Screenshots:

bird's eye view
194042-albums8150-picture98175.jpg

Image Description:
194042-albums8150-picture98000.jpg

CTF Flag
194042-albums8150-picture97995.jpg

Transform into a Monster
194042-albums8150-picture97996.jpg

194042-albums8150-picture97997.jpg

194042-albums8150-picture97999.jpg

194042-albums8150-picture97998.jpg

Change Log:

Added:
  • added more 3 Missle types
  • updated animation of Monsterform

Added:
  • more tile variation
  • more doodads
  • some fixes

Credits:

Special Thanks:
  • Tarrasque creator of Model: "Brutal Lord"
  • -Kobas-
Author's notes:

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map

Description - Templates

Keywords:
Wizard, Spellcaster, Arena
Contents

Spellcircle 1.0b (Map)

Reviews
StoPCampinGn00b 19:23, 20th May 2015 Map Moderated - Spellcircle 1.0a Comment - Sclammerz's Review Verdict - Approved, 3/5 Other [TR]Map Submission Rules Staff Contact The Hive's StaffMap Reviewers Description Tutorials
Level 23
Well, played it few moments ago. So here's my review.

TERRAIN:
Well, the terrain is somewhat not bad but not good either. But I can see there were no tile variations and empty places all over the map. The terrain is also lack of doodads that's why it looks pretty empty specially at roads. I think you could still improve the terrain more and to make it pleasing to look at.

GAMEPLAY:
Well, the gameplay is very nice and also the AI it made the whole map more interesting. The items are a nice touch too at first but it become repetitive and boring after some time of playing it. The only thing is there where no items to further improve your heroes, you will rely on your spells and your tactics to the end. I didn't manage to finished it though for I feel pretty bored of it. Maybe you could make the Heroes have different spells from each other? Because I noticed that the AI is casting the spells that I was casting too. I really like the portal item and the mines but sometimes the AI is quick to use blink and teleport away and hard for me to catch them but I think it is alright.

OVERALL:
Though the map can be still improve/fix on it's current state I think it is approvable. I vote for APPROVAL with a score of 3/5. Have a nice day and happy mapping! :)