• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Diablo Builder 1.0b

mappingstatus.png

Diablo Builder

Introduction

Diablo Builder (DB) is the closest to Diablo1 you have ever seen in a WarCraft 3 map.
It contains 90% of the items, enemies and spells of the original game and lots more.
Unfortunately it was much more work than I expected, and I lost motivation and didn't finish everything.
Here is a list of what is missing, compared to Diablo1/Hellfire:

Bosses (and Diablo himself)
Monster specific AI
Difficulty Levels
Quests
An authentic tristram
Durability of Items
Catacombs, Cave and Hell level-style
Decoratives
Wirret and some other NPCs
Some monster abilities and models (e.g. goat men swinging attack, goat men archers)
Direct stairs to lvl 5,9,13
Walls with bars, doors
Traps that reduce the quality of potions
Oils

If you feel like working on any of this to improve the map just PM me.

Characters

There are 3 character classes in DB: The Warrior, rogue and sorceror.
Each must be played differently, and each has it's strengths and weaknesses.
In DB you can save your characters with all their items, spells and other stats.
The save-code can get pretty ugly if you carry many items, so try to save only what you really need (potions etc. won't be saved by default).
In single player you can use the game cache to save and just use your hero's name to load.

charactersheet.jpg

Fighting

commandcard.jpg

This is the command card. But you don't really have to use it.
Basically, you right click enemies to attack (1 click = 1 strike) and press D to hold position. Then you can attack by clicking anywhere.
Additionally there are the hotkeys Q to T (in one line) for spells.
You are allowed to put any of your spells (about 25) on any hotkey except T, which is used for staff charges.

There are many monsters waiting for you in the dark, and you will need skill and swiftness to defeat them.

Items & Inventory

inventorye.jpg

Here you see the inventory system, which is very comfortable to use.
You just hover the mouse over an item to display it's stats in the multiboard.
You click it to 'grab' and then put it somewhere (or sell it/use it) with another click on the respective icon.
You can also put items in your belt and use them directly in battle by right clicking them or pressing numbers from 1 to 0:
inventorybelt.jpg

But what items are there?
Items can have one of 3 classifications: Basic, magic and unique.
I created all normal item types there are in Diablo1/Hellfire and they can have ALL suffixes and prefixes (except durability modifiers), which creates a giant number of possible magic items for you to find.
However I took the freedom to create new uniques myself, like this one for example:
uniqueearthshaker.jpg

There is a total of 69 basic items, 163 suffixes or prefixes and 93 uniques.

Note

This map is fully playable.
There is an issue with the belt icons sometimes (after you die they somehow don't get refreshed, just open the inventory to fix it), but that's it as far as I know.

However due to the lacking of bosses and quests it is not as good as I had in mind.
So if anyone wants to help improve it feel free to PM me!
(The map is made in GUI 95%)

Type -edit to build and -play to return to your hero.
(This is also explained in the tooltips of the items your hero has)

More Screenshots

scr1m.jpg

scr2u.jpg

scr3v.jpg

scr4i.jpg

scr5.jpg

scr6l.jpg

If you want to have a look at the map or work on it scroll down to the 11th post.

Models:
.KC Villager with 40 animations
Cavman Female villager with 40 animations
Misha and 67chrome Walls
Sunchips and Kitabatake Lots of equipment
Chriz. Treasure chest
EviL_BuddhA Scroll
Vermillion Edict Rogue belt
Lord-T-Rex Rogue head band
MistAssass Maul
darkdeathknight Armor Stand
Tr!KzZ Gold Pile

Icons:
NFWar, ikillforeyou, UnholyDobry, PeeKay, -Berz-, lllLSDlll, GooS, Coinblin, CRAZYRUSSIAN.

Thanks alot guys!

Also big thanks to Jarulf and others, who made the great Diablo 1 guide providing all the data needed to create this map.

Spell icons by Blizzard.
Sounds by Blizzard.

1.0b
- Fixed a bug causing the anti-cheat system to detect cheats even though none were used and added a message telling you that you can't save anymore
- Fixed spawning of 2 arrows instead of one
- Fixed a bug preventing you from placing levers

Keywords:
Diablo, Hellfire, RPG, Inventory, Build, Builder, Dungeon, Dark, Items, Demon, Save, Load, Catacombs, Hell
Contents

Diablo Builder 1.0b (Map)

Reviews
10:46, 15th Sep 2011 Vengeancekael: Status: Approved
Level 13
Good news!

I've just started working on turning the map into a (custom) hero arena.
Since the Builder project failed pretty much due to long save codes, long build times for dungeons and other stuff, I figured this is the only way of saving the map.

I planned to make a small dungeon where random creeps spawn, and players can fight against each other in different modes like CTF, domination or FFA/team deathmatch.

There are supposed to be several sub-levels, that contain bosses or more creeps for players to kill alone and find magic or unique items.

I can't estimate how much time this will take, since I already found a few annoying bugs and there's still much to do.
If Diablo3 comes out first that means the end anyways :S

Last edited:
Level 15
Its great map, just like old good Diablo I :)
Anyway, the fighting system as warrior - the chance to damage enemy is too low, i was attacking the enemy like 20 times and no hit?! I remember in old diablo you could hit the enemy with like 70% chance. In this map it's like 25% chance :D
Good job and fix this please :)

About the dungeons: I think its not problem, but you should add saving system for dungeons too, add option to add some messages (mark) during the editing so when player stop at that it will say some type of story :)
I think it would be awesome to save all sungeons with the story, in multiplayer, host can load all dungeons that were made before and all players can play his story :)

EDIT: The fighting system seems to be ok, anyway, i think the save code is very long :D, it would be nice to make it shorter :)

Last edited:
Level 2
Cool map but need to do the dungeon ourselves~XD

Good->>Skills/potions icons
->>Nice sounds
->>Belt functions
->>save/load functions
->>nice item prefixes and suffixes
Bad ->>need to do dungeons ourselves(but the wall design is good)
->>doesn't change pattern when a item is equipped
->>try to change the background music
->>when accidentally press a scroll , you must use it
->>there are also a few trading bugs

Thanks for creating this excellent map~

Last edited: