• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Diablo 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
DiabloWiki said:
Deckard Cain, also known as Cain the Elder, is the last living human in the line of Horadric mages. Appearing in both Diablo I and Diablo II, Cain provides the player with valuable advice for many quests, and it is he who initiates the Archbishop Lazarus and Diablo quests, as well as numerous quests in Diablo II. Cain, in both games, can identify items for a charge (or for free if rescued by the player in Diablo II), and serves as a town elder throughout the events of Diablo I. He is descended from Jered Cain, who imprisoned Diablo two-hundred years before, and is schooled in the most obscure lore and history of the arcane[1].

As of Diablo II, Cain is the only known survivor of Tristram's destruction, save the Dark Wanderer himself. Cain, rather than being killed by the demons, was left in a cage near the well in the center of town to die. In Diablo II's Search for Cain quest, Cain is rescued by the player, and afterward follows the player through each of the game's Acts. Griswold, now a reanimated monstrosity, was corrupted by Andariel herself and attempts to prevent Cain's rescue. Once Cain has been rescued by the hero, he will identify items free of charge. If the player neglects to rescue Cain, the rogues will do so after the Sisters to the Slaughter quest and the player must pay 100 gold for each item identified, though he will still follow the player through each Act.

And well, as I saw he has returned in diablo 3 as well. He is a pure classic though, yet yes, almost ancient now.

Level 23
Youp... I was accidentally addicted to d2 for almost two years. Now it's not that fun anymore since there are so many abuses in it. I have not yet been tired of wc3 though :p

And d3 is just superb... If I don't get addicted too much from it...

Level 23
Check out the new cinematic trailer for Diablo 3 I uploaded. You can't find this in the official site. http://youtube.com/watch?v=RPXoE_M5MUA

Lool, don't click that lul >.> unless you're in the mood of being Rick Rolled after the trailer

You dont say? There is a possibilty to download it... just 50mb
I state that youtube doesn't have that quality:p believe me I've already downloaded it from here, and its much better.
http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/media/index.xml#cinematictrailer

Level 7
Is Diablo3 gonna be like WoW? Only online? Or is there gonna be a campaign? More to the point if it's online does this mean we'll have to pay monthly like WoW?

Level 23
I doubt that it would be like wow. It is more likely like Diablo2...

I think. there will be a single player mode, but also the possibility to multiplayer as it is d2 now...

There are rumours sure, that d3 is going to be p2p. But if we are lucky...

Level 9
They should release the demo within a year or so.

What do you guys predict our comps will need for D3 to run smoothly?

Level 34
You think 3.01 GHz and 2.87 Gb of ram would be able to run it on at least the minimal setting?

Are you kidding? It will run it fine on a high setting. My friends computer with has 1.5 RAM and probably around 2.8-3 GHz; he runs Unreal 3 fine, which has more demanding graphics than this (his are on either mid, or high, I think it's high). He has a mid range graphics card. 256 I think.

They have stated that they are not trying to make this for high-end computers, but lower-end ones. So we should expect some pretty low resolutions and details (meaning you can turn it all way down).

Level 24
Wickedly said!?!

I wonder if the area is character affected,as if you choose the Doctor,you are spawned in Kurast,Umbaru.
Or Barbarrian in Mount Arreat.
I wonder alot:do the ancients still exist,what happened to all the other NPCs,will Baal and Mephisto show up?

A lot of questions!

Level 22
Diablo 3 is far above starcraft 2 in my opinion... but thats just my opinion =p

No it's not. Just because you see them well made in the char classes, doesn't mean the game will have graphics of a movie. Just improvement and that's it.

Though what really surprises me no longer, is the fact that they said they were not gonna make even the 1st releases of SC2 till the end of 2007, they did nothing about half of 2008. Now I know why. And it doesn't please me to have frozen the release of the 1st alpha/beta of SC2 only to make D3. The game might be cool though better than D2 LoD. Just a replacement of WoW and hopefully, not paid like WoW and not wasting days for just few quests. And wtf when you kill Diablo this has no point, the game 'Diablo' that no longer has diablo...

Status
Not open for further replies.