1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Development: Shadebark Forest Survival

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Windu, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Alagremm

Alagremm

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Yes, different mods are a must. And I agree about the locked camera, it makes sence to be used in this map, but at least for me they are extremely annoying =/

2. xokelat

xokelat

Resources:
    Resources:
    More idea, i ask my friend again about the most important thing in survival and of course its food. My suggestion:

1. Well this maybe too much detail but please add decaying system for item (food). It maybe not very important but if you add this i'm sure , a lot of player that already try other surviving games will pick their thumbs up for you! "It's real surviving games, let's try!"

2. Other detail, first i want to ask: is there any river on this map? if is it yes, please make it walkable and please add some wave on this river. So if this river have a heavy water/wave, your hero will be dragged away by the water and your friends should work together to save you, it can be done by throw a robe (using shackles ability that drag someone) or something else. Also when you walk on river , set a invisible dummy unit that cast slow, because when you walk on water you weight is increasing.

3. my suggestion also add more advantage and disadvantage to other character. Add advantage like example: villager, advantage: cooking experience is better than the other so it has 40% chance to create "super delicious" dish/meal. or worgen, advantage : blessed with wolf-like feet so it movement speed is maximum, or pandaren, advantage : his fat body has chance to reduce damage more than the other.

4. i forgot about your features but i think you should add cooking spell/skill. a set of simple trigger is available on thehelper.net forum. if you already add it, sorry didn't noticed. Add also fishing features (sorry if i didn't noticed), all of this stuff maybe too much detail but i think this is the important part.

5. when it night, please reduce the vision to the very minimum. In this case, the hero must cut the tree, create a stick (this stick can be upgrade to be walking stick so there wont be so much item), and burn the stick to become a torch. You should add attachment (torch model) and i recommend the torch on this website. It will be more challenging if you lock the camera :D

5. as i say that food is important key to survive, please add more food resource, not only base on meat but maybe something else. Add something like fishing, fruit from tree, vegetable (i think i'd read "garden" features), and honey. It is important because honey has a lot of glucosa and support our body. Maybe you should ask modeler to create honey nest model and make it model of unit that flying and place it near tree. If you right click on it, you will attacked by bees unless you burn something , well it depends on you.

I'm sorry i just got only a few ideas, i'll ask my friend tommorow and post the new idea

3. Alagremm

Alagremm

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Im pretty much sure they'll say "Whomever made this game is freakign insane, its impossible to get to the end!"

Im pretty sure 3 is obvious =P

Well the vision gets worse at night automatically you know. And the torch is already a building, but an item would be good too.

4. Windu

Windu

Resources:
    Resources:
    About the torch - I'd really like to make one, actually. Though I dont know if all my models have the correct attachment points :S

I've been fighting one day to make the stupid gates work and finally I made it! ^.^

Progressing further now!

5. xokelat

xokelat

Resources:
    Resources:
    hmm windu... what about my other ideas?

6. Tozza

Tozza

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ideas

I got an idea.

A surviver thats able to tame low level animals and can be upgrade for higher leveling taming.
    Equipped with bow and arrows specilaized in crafting better arrows, and can pick up fur for making items, plus being able to carry a Hunting Tent/Lodge on the go.

/Tozza

Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
  7. Eitak

Eitak

Resources:
    Resources:
    So I checked the date on the posts, and I guess since this is an active, I'll give my suggestions. Not like that has stopped me before.... Anyway:

Perhaps you could add a mode where you choose your own allies. You start out allied, but then you have the option to split into groups of as many sizes as you wish, groups of two, five, seven, however many a team decides to alliance to. I myself can see some complications in this, but yes, a suggestion nonetheless =P.

Also, are you accepting help on this map? I will force my friend to come and give his suggestions as well, tomorrow. >:D

8. Siwarone

Siwarone

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey, Friend of Eitak and offering both of our souls as testers, Haha, No REAL editing or terraining skill here(=/) but I could brainstorm..I s'pose, Just read all the info and it looks promising. :grin:

9. Eitak

Eitak

Resources:
    Resources:
    While he is good at basically nothing, I'm okay with some stuff... Heh... heheh... Not the best in any particular thing, but I can understand most things and get them to work. Clearing up the confusion as I feel I must X_X

10. Tozza

Tozza

Resources:
    Resources:
    Seems like this project is inactive?

11. MrStormyZ

MrStormyZ

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I've been trying to get in contact with the Leader since a while but either he isn't responding or Skype is acting stupid again..

12. Tozza

Tozza

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, hes online on Hive sometimes tho, but he doesn't answer in the forum :/

13. Eitak

Eitak

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think at the moment his main priority is the Goblin Defense map he's working on. Either way, once he gets that one out, it'll give us something awesome to play while he works on this. ^^

14. espatula

espatula

Resources:
    Resources:
    hello, i'd like to give a suggestion about the evil spirits
    they may have a source, like a dark priest, so they float around the map, beggining in the priest's place, and if you defeat the priest, spirits wont come from there anymore
    (maybe until a new priest arrive xD)

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  15. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Sounds very interesting and unique! But what you didn't mention till now is what equipment you are going to have (knifes, ropes, campin cooker, etc.). If you want, i can make you a combat knife or eventually other stuff, if necessary. Just PM me if you need anything and I'll try. :ogre_haosis:
    I'd also recommend making a fishing skill. Oh, and why not add something ''strange'' to the map as well? Something like very small clan-settlements of ''strange wanderers that turn into werewolves in some nights (not all nights)? Make something like a moon-circle system (full moon, etc) so that the strange people become werewolves only during full moon. And that the moon-phases maybe influence other things as well, like the fish are not biting often to the fishing bait, certain creatures more aggresive than other times, rare creatures crawl out of their lairs, special plants flower only during a certain moon, and possibly more.

16. xorkatoss

xorkatoss

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    this looks interesting...when is official ver coming out?

17. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    So this is dead or something?