• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Detect Destroyer Form Ability Use

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I'm running into a bothersome issue. I have a map with summoned units that can be upgraded using an ability based from Destroyer Form so that it has resource cost. Unfortunately, while the unit they transform into costs additional food, it doesn't actually account for it. It still reduces food used when these units are killed, and the other resources were charged properly.
While any solution would be welcome, I in particular was looking for a way to detect when this ability is used. Does anyone know how to detect this, so I can build a trigger to fix things?

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
All of the Morph skills rely on Orders rather than Ability Events to detect when they are used.

It looks like the orders for this ability are: sphinxform / unsphinxform

These would be considered Orders with No targets.

Perhaps a solution would be to use the Chaos/Berserker abilities to adjust the food cost using an alternate unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.