• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Multiple Transformations {problems with Destroy Form ability spin-off}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
My archer unit has an ability called 'Promote'. It's based off of Destroyer Form. If you promote the archer, you get a longbow. The longbow can be promoted into two different types of units.

Unfortunately, on the second transformation, the tooltips for the spells on the next transformation vanish. Not only that, these transformed units are immune to buffs/debuffs and auras. It's very odd, especially so, because even though the spells have vanished, they're still in effect (they're passive abilities, one of them being critical strike).

Since the first form uses 'destroyer form' I was using burrow for the second promotion. I thought perhaps burrow was causing problems, so I tried all the other transformation spells, but it doesn't seem to matter: the tooltips vanish and the units become immune to auras and buffs.

Anyone else encounter this problem? Can units only have 1 transformation at a time?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.