• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Metamorphosis Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Okay, I've got a strange problem dealing with Metamorphosis.

I have a hero unit that is transforming into an identical version of itself - except it has devotion aura (unit). It has a total of 7 skills while transformed (counting Hero (Inventory)).

When the unit transforms, it has the ability and I see the armor bonus, but once the duration of metamorphosis goes down 1-2 seconds, it suddenly resets to max duration and stays there and although the devotion ability remains, the armor bonus vanishes. Eventually, the unit returns to normal (but the duration bar stays maxed graphically).

This edited spell has a duration of 10-20 seconds (there are 10 levels of the skill) and it doesn't matter what level it's on, same bug on all levels. The unit is not transforming into the same unit on each level, since I want the transformation to have a stronger devotion aura for each level, so there are multiple units this hero is transforming into (but they're all the same, the only difference being the devotion aura strength). Depdency equivalents have been set and removed with no effect.

What's going on here?

Level 6
it;'s because they are the same unit, you'll have to make two identical units and make it transform into the second one with the skills

I admit in my original post I was having trouble concentrating (lol) so if it's difficult to understand me...

I've done what you're saying (in-fact, I don't know how I could even come across this problem without doing it) I should do... and it is the source of the problem. Perhaps I misunderstand, but the two units are not the same, and I'm using Metmorphosis to make 1 unit transform into another. It's rather basic and that's why the bug is troubling me. The only difference between the 2 heroes is that one hero has devotion aura and the other one does not, so transforming from one unit to the other should not give me any problems. So to make a rebuttal: No, the units are not identical. I even gave them different editor suffixes to assure myself they're not. Both of them have Metamorphosis.

Level 5
Do you have 10 different units that it morphs into? Like you have Demon Hunter (Origional hero before metamorphasis) and 10 heros that the demon hunter transforms too? You can't just have 1 hero for each level. I mean you could, but nothing will happen it will be same for each level. I hope this makes sense.

(REPLACE: demon hunter with your hero of course this is just for example)

Level 6
I'm not sure what you mean.

There are 10 different heroes this hero is transforming into, but each level has him transforming into a different one. This works with Bear Form, so why not Metamorphosis?

Status
Not open for further replies.