• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Desync Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Using get GetLocalPlayer() will this desync
  • Set TempPointSpell = (Position of (Triggering unit))
  • Set Temp_Player = (Owner of (Triggering unit))
  • Custom script: if GetLocalPlayer() == udg_Temp_Player then
  • Special Effect - Create a special effect at TempPointSpell using Abilities\Spells\Human\ReviveHuman\ReviveHuman.mdl
  • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
  • Animation - Change Connector Line Gray 0909 <gen>'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency
  • Animation - Change Connector Line Gray 0912 <gen>'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency
  • Custom script: end
  • Custom script: RemoveLocation(udg_TempPointSpell)

Or do I have to do this for no desync
  • Set TempPointSpell = (Position of (Triggering unit))
  • Set Temp_Player = (Owner of (Triggering unit))
  • Set TempReal = 19.61
  • Set TempString = <Empty String>
  • Set TempReal = 100.00
  • Set TempString = Abilities\Spells\Human\ReviveHuman\ReviveHuman.mdl
  • Special Effect - Create a special effect at TempPointSpell using TempString
  • Animation - Change Connector Line Gray 0909 <gen>'s vertex coloring to (TempReal%, TempReal%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency
  • Animation - Change Connector Line Gray 0912 <gen>'s vertex coloring to (TempReal%, TempReal%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency
  • Custom script: RemoveLocation(udg_TempPointSpell)
My map desyncs 15 - 30 minutes in and I can't figure out why. This doesn't seem to cause an issue but is there a chance it can?

I'm still editing and testing in lan on v1.31

zam

zam

Level 3
Never use GetLocalPlayer If you don't know how it Functions. Use indexes instead there is no need for GetLocalPlayer.

Also you need to make EndIf not End at the end of the functions block.

Level 24
Never use GetLocalPlayer If you don't know how it Functions. Use indexes instead there is no need for GetLocalPlayer.

Also you need to make EndIf not End at the end of the functions block.
What do you reffer with "Use indexes instead there is no need for GetLocalPlayer"? and why you said "Never use GetLocalPlayer If you don't know how it Functions", if he don't know how it functions then he ask like what he did.

Last edited:

zam

zam

Level 3
What do you reffer with "Use indexes instead there is no need for GetLocalPlayer"? and why you said "Never use GetLocalPlayer If you don't know how it Functions", if he don't know how it functions then he ask like what he did.
At first i thought he was a GUI User then he said he was using Lua sorry for my mistake.

Is there a way to hide the sound also?

I suppose you could move the SFX to the corner of the map or something. Might not be ideal, but I recall special effects being able to desync when using different models because they can end up being destroyed at different points for each player due to animation times.

Last edited:
Level 2
I ended up setting the height to -1500.00, thanks fellas

Just a thought but should I be setting my variables after the GetlocalPlayer ends as well since I'm using globals. Otherwise after the trigger the variables remains different for one player, could that be causing a desync?

Perhaps I should be doing it like this
  • Set TempReal = 19.61
  • Set TempReal2 = -1500.00
  • Set TempReal = 100.00
  • Set TempReal2 = 0.0
  • Special Effect - Create a special effect at TempPointSpell using Abilities\Spells\Human\ReviveHuman\ReviveHuman.mdl
  • Special Effect - Set Height of (Last created special effect) to: TempReal2
  • Animation - Change Connector Line Gray 0909 <gen>'s vertex coloring to (TempReal%, TempReal%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency
  • Set TempReal = 19.61
  • Set TempReal2 = -1500.00

Status
Not open for further replies.