• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Destiny or freedom?

Black or White?

• Freedom - Black

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • Destiny - White

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Yes, but then again, you have the freedom to alter your destiny into what you want to become.

What you want to become is still becoming what you are to be. You are to be what you are to be what you are to be, there is no getting around becoming what you are to be. In this sense, there is no escaping destiny. You can't become what you are not meant to be, obviously you are to be that which you thought you were not to be but you were really meant to be all along and were not to be that which you thought you were to be. Freedom is an illusion, all choices lead to what we are to be. So you see, I think the best thing we can use here is simplicity. Just be yourself, and you will become who you are.

dont analyse a show so much, just watch it ;)

i actually don't analyze it a lot, i watch it a LOT, and i remember a lot about it. and then i think about it but not deeper meanings and all that.
i assume that lost became so popular because the first season was absolutely amazing and the second one even more so. after that was when the popularity actually started to drop at all.

the thing with Freedom/Destiny here is that Destiny believers believe in destiny. that's the case here. Freedom people do not believe in destiny and believe they can make their own destiny.
Lost example - Hurley's acceptance that he's not really cursed on the island, where he almost crashes his van into the rocks with Charlie. in a previous flashback, S1 "Numbers", the woman he visits tells him "There is no curse, you make your own destiny" (or along those lines). So yeah, basically, it's more of the whether you believe in it or not, which one you seek to fulfill, for example, Locke thought it was his destiny to open the hatch etc etc, while Jack always had the whole "I don't believe in destiny"

Level 24
God said:
If you do things right, people won't know you've done anything at all

Status
Not open for further replies.