1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Depression

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by cal823, May 5, 2007.

1. ghenjis

ghenjis

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hahahaha
    This is so great.

2. -JonNny

-JonNny

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Y i suggest so too ;) just great
    I mean i still got no self esteem and i hate myself but who cares ? xD
    im happy ! :D ( but shes away for 2 weeks :( i already miss her but i know she´ll be back :D )

3. ghenjis

ghenjis

Resources:
    Resources:
    At least you have an Offspring poster.

4. -JonNny

-JonNny

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yay , Offspring is the best band ever ;)
    i love them but when im depressed i listen to other music like System of a Down at full Volume :D

5. burned

burned

Resources:
    Resources:
    me think so too

6. Denu

Denu

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I have always had good reason to be depressed and more often then not I am. Judging from my mom I would probably still be depressed. It is jus part of my personality that I got from her. But I am quite good at handling it and I have great admiration for those who can do the same.

I dont really like those who have never even experienced depression. Goody tooshoo sobs. Im just kidding...

7. GST_Nemisis

GST_Nemisis

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    well the main thing for me is that i havent had anything to really be depresed about.....yet :p

8. Chriz.

Chriz.

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I personally think life is too short to be depressed, I would just say suck it up, find something good going for you, and build on that. And don't give me any of that "nothing good is going for me" crap, unless your a starving child in a third world country, there is something for you.

But please, sitting around sulking in the dark about it is really just a waste of precious air. I'm not saying anyone needs to die or anything, I just think some people need to be a little more optimistic.

Either way, a good hobby or pet can cure depression in my book.

9. Kimbo

Kimbo

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ever since i got my pet rat, i stopped doing some things, pets are a good help....very..

10. Denu

Denu

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Depression isnt merely sulking around in the dark. That is what I meant by handling your depression. Not letting it affect you negatively. And you dont need to live in a third world country to have nothing going for you. Albeit it is much more rare to see it elsewhere but there are plenty of people who have as little hope as a starving child.

11. Daminon

Daminon

Resources:
    Resources:
    Good to hear...

12. GST_Nemisis

GST_Nemisis

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    i think i would handle something like that by expanding myself culturaly. i would go to another country and take my mind off whatever, go to bars have a good time and when (or if) you come back, staring your demons in the face and saying STFU! but thats what i want to do anyways, just without the depression or demons.

13. cal823

cal823

Resources:
    Resources:
    well, seeing as how this discussion is going good, lets have a lession on depression, since ive bin looking it up lately
    4 types of depression
    Reactive- caused by an outside event or influence etc
    Major- Happens for no apparent reason, due to chemical imbalance in the brain
    Seasonal Affective Disorder(i think thats what its called)-a form of depression actually caused in some people by lack of sunlight, so they get happy in summer and sad in winter
    Manic- Depression with extremely irrational thoughts, seeing things that arent there, etc

Treatments-
    ECT- Electroshock, not as barbaric as people think, coz its done under anaesthesia, its to cause a minor epilectic fit in the brain, to rewire the neurons/synapses to cure the imbalance in the brain
    Cognitive therapy- trying to change your way of thinking
    Talk therapy- discussing it, to make you feel better
    Medication- anti depressents, in my opinion the riskiest treatment, the side effects can really suck, and having to take pills every day sorta depresses me
    also, ill add one more, the one that cured me, but lets not get into an argument over it, its just what cured me
    god. after a while, in church, i was worshipping and suddenly, i felt happy, and i couldnet help but smile, previous to that i hadnt felt happy for ages, but while singing for god i just felt happy for no reason......i get the same sudden happiness talking to christian people, but i dont want to start an argument about god.

14. lorothrigs

lorothrigs

Resources:
    Resources:
    I get depressed occasionally, like I feel the weight of everything just pushing down on me and I think about the world and just everything and I just get really depressed. I don't listen to that kind of music or cut myself or anything in the whole "emo" scene, except for maybe grow my hair out. I just goto sleep and wake up in a better mood.

15. cal823

cal823

Resources:
    Resources:
    sleep cures u? your lucky, you actually sleep.

16. Kimbo

Kimbo

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Manic Depression hmm? i thought that was called Bipolar.. a pattern of manic(meaning... being high and mighty and happy etc) for about a week then very..as in.. VERY depressive for another week for no reason.

I think you mean.. a form of self psychological depression from an in balancement or trauma to the brain...but i guess you got that listed down as major.

And...me coming back to...god? er...no thnx...you have..no idea...on why.. :S Thats like satans daughter being friends with god..just..no....thnx for the kindness ..yes..

17. cal823

cal823

Resources:
    Resources:
    major is where it comes from like no apparent reason, from ur synapses not firing rite, manic is like depression where ur up really high one moment and super low the next and can even make u like totaly crazy.

i wont pressure you into god werewulf, but what can you lose from trying/
    now ask yourself...what can you lose if im right, and there is a heaven...and a hell.

18. lorothrigs

lorothrigs

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm not bipolar, I don't have mood swings. It's gradual and if I'm depressed I don't get "un-depressed" until I sleep. God sucks. Just my opinion.

19. cal823

cal823

Resources:
    Resources:
    oh well......cant blame me for trying to save a few, u do understand its just coz i care?
    but lets drop the god subject, this thread is about depression. how do you get to sleep? the question may sound stupid, but it takes me hours and hours to get to sleep, some nights i dont bother sleeping and just do art till its time for breakfast.

20. Sacrimo

Sacrimo

Resources:
    Resources:
    I just close my eyes and think of something I want to dream, I sleep, I dream, all in 2 minutes, ima good sleeper