• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Depression

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
im 15 years old, used to be depressed, did the whole emo thing.
now it seems to be coming back out of nowwhere, so coz im bored, lets discuss, i want you guys opinions, experiences etc of depression.
also, do you guys think depression is properly handled my society?

Level 5
lol! im listening to stuff from silverchairs neon ballroom album lol that probably isnt helping

Level 45
Depression is a wonderful experience, how ever awful it may seem. You learn from life in your reality...your own little world.. You see things, you feel things, for me unique and in touch with yourself when you go through it.

Yes, i know its bad...and it was a hard time for me. I went through depression after being caught with many things by my parents and them taking me to constant therapy.. it just gave me stress... people disliked my ..er...odd interests and personally it was started from self thought. As in, another part of me taunting myself or pressuring myself and VERY compulsive or repetitive thoughts and influences from my mind that i had to repress from other people or i may hurt them or disgust them or hurt myself futher.

Personally, i hate being talked to when im feeling down, they must stay away from my reality, and must leave me be.. i fall down deep.. i die..then so be it...(yes..contradicting with some things iv said here..but..well in this case its diff).

People finding out how my mind works..well specially in rl....mainly rl...id be thrown into a crazy place some say...

If i come back up.. i come back up but i must say goodbye to my reality and its comforting hand.

You experience amazing thoughts..its just great.....but the apathy..the heart pains you physically get from depression hurt..and bore at your body. The monsters..they taunt you..but they are your friends...they don't lie...but they teach to make you more happy.

Ever since i went thought it my health rapidly decreased and my mind had changed to a child like state of some sort...said one of the girls who has known me over the years who saw me though it The girl was called Amba

she said i was a very quiet and smart girl with little odd interests(i barly tell her off my taboo interests though) . But now she says iv gone into...stupidity...lost with myself..or others...iv lost that intelligence and..gone into some sort of child like state and fascination. In Melbourne i was chasing pigeons and talking about pet shops and patting and stroking elevator doors and objects. She got annoyed at me..and said what she thought...but after the constant swearing and me holding my ground half awake with my mind, she tried to understand and let me do one of my wishes ..which was to get kfc.

Amba helped me through it, but...my thoughts started to target her.. i wanted to get her so bad...i was still lost in my world.. i told her i was feeling lost ..as if something was draining within my head that she wouldn't understand..

Later...I suspected she told others what i did at school in the toilets and the blood all over my hands...the..things i did to myself and the things i told her...she kicked me out of her house for over sleeping too.

After that i lost my trust with her..i had violent intentions on her, which was later drastically boosted after a dream i had... Thus is why i still sit in the corner in my own world away from others. I like it how it is..for i have company of those within my reality who help me and teach me things.

Level 5
wow..........thanks for being so open.................
your a very unique person, im not saying that 2 be condescending or anything, i just havnt met anyone like that b4 lolz
depression wasnt really a good experience to me, all i got out of it was pain lolz
what rlly made it worse, was when a friend who knows nothing about real life decided that he knew what was in my best interest and told my parents that i was cutting myself. my parents are not the sort of people you want interfering, they just make things worse coz of their limited understanding. this "friend" caused my depression to be prolonged by like half a year. only recently did i start to smile and laugh again suddenly in church during a worship song, only god and esther (this rlly amazing chick i like, she brought me to god in the first place, at first i only went to church coz she asked, but now its for god, shes caused so much change in my life) and chanty seem to give me any happiness.

Level 21
i have never been depressed, and i dont understand it, i would like to know, why does someone who is depressed cut themselves? not trying to be mean or anything, but it is something i dont understand. is it some kind of release? or like to show that you are real? what are your experiences on this?

Level 45
Grarll......my parents found about some things i was doing to myself and the content i was watching from some things... They too prolonged the stress which made the things i do become compulsive to relieve it, they dont understand the aspects, yes thats true.

As for the..god thing, i use to be Christian, but i got rid of it after i blamed it for many things in my life and lack of its evidence. (i dont want to start a discussion on this bit though o.0)

Level 5
dont worry werewulf, theres stuff id say in response, but maybe we should talk about the god thing at another time.
nemesis. some people cut for attention, but i did it, its hard to explain, for me it was sorta a release, but also an expression of self....self hatred i guess, i had really low self esteem and i just really hated myself, if i didnt think itd distress the people i care about, i would have killed myself out of lack of self worth.

Level 27
Last year i had a time everything went wrong and my grades where very bad and stuff and i hated everything and tried to get fun out of everything that could give me fun .. also i rly didn't care about anything .. just to make it clear :p its thats a kind of depression to or what?

Level 5
i think werewulfs is going through something very amazing, maybe a little dangerous and strange, but very amazing still. the greatest people have always been very different in those sorta ways. especially artists and musicians.

Level 10
Werewulf: if you used to be christian you really need to turn back to god, when you are feeling depresed you must read the bible and pray, God will help you get through it. it will make you feel much better. God loves you very much and I bet he really wants you back. I am praying for both of you who are depressed.

Level 15
I was depressed last times a bit because ive got no self estem and i thought much ( too much ) about future and that stuff
Main reason i felt bad was i that im too shy and felt alone bc i never really got a girlfriend ( im 17 years old ) but there was a girl who liked me alot but bc i got no self esteem and im very pessimistic i wasnt able to sleep for weeks... In this time i was confused and depressive..
Now we ( my girlffriend and me ) are 3 weeks together and im happy as hell
Im feeling like beein reborn :D i never wanna loose her

Level 27
I was depressed last times a bit because ive got no self estem and i thought much ( too much ) about future and that stuff
Main reason i felt bad was i that im too shy and felt alone bc i never really got a girlfriend ( im 17 years old ) but there was a girl who liked me alot but bc i got no self esteem and im very pessimistic i wasnt able to sleep for weeks... In this time i was confused and depressive..
Now we ( my girlffriend and me ) are 3 weeks together and im happy as hell
Im feeling like beein reborn :D i never wanna loose her

Yeah -.- damn i rly need a girlfriend -.- some volunteers ? xD

Level 14
I have always had good reason to be depressed and more often then not I am. Judging from my mom I would probably still be depressed. It is jus part of my personality that I got from her. But I am quite good at handling it and I have great admiration for those who can do the same.

I dont really like those who have never even experienced depression. Goody tooshoo sobs. Im just kidding...

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I personally think life is too short to be depressed, I would just say suck it up, find something good going for you, and build on that. And don't give me any of that "nothing good is going for me" crap, unless your a starving child in a third world country, there is something for you.

But please, sitting around sulking in the dark about it is really just a waste of precious air. I'm not saying anyone needs to die or anything, I just think some people need to be a little more optimistic.

Either way, a good hobby or pet can cure depression in my book.

Level 14
Depression isnt merely sulking around in the dark. That is what I meant by handling your depression. Not letting it affect you negatively. And you dont need to live in a third world country to have nothing going for you. Albeit it is much more rare to see it elsewhere but there are plenty of people who have as little hope as a starving child.

Level 21
i think i would handle something like that by expanding myself culturaly. i would go to another country and take my mind off whatever, go to bars have a good time and when (or if) you come back, staring your demons in the face and saying STFU! but thats what i want to do anyways, just without the depression or demons.

Level 5
well, seeing as how this discussion is going good, lets have a lession on depression, since ive bin looking it up lately
4 types of depression
Reactive- caused by an outside event or influence etc
Major- Happens for no apparent reason, due to chemical imbalance in the brain
Seasonal Affective Disorder(i think thats what its called)-a form of depression actually caused in some people by lack of sunlight, so they get happy in summer and sad in winter
Manic- Depression with extremely irrational thoughts, seeing things that arent there, etc

Treatments-
ECT- Electroshock, not as barbaric as people think, coz its done under anaesthesia, its to cause a minor epilectic fit in the brain, to rewire the neurons/synapses to cure the imbalance in the brain
Cognitive therapy- trying to change your way of thinking
Talk therapy- discussing it, to make you feel better
Medication- anti depressents, in my opinion the riskiest treatment, the side effects can really suck, and having to take pills every day sorta depresses me
also, ill add one more, the one that cured me, but lets not get into an argument over it, its just what cured me
god. after a while, in church, i was worshipping and suddenly, i felt happy, and i couldnet help but smile, previous to that i hadnt felt happy for ages, but while singing for god i just felt happy for no reason......i get the same sudden happiness talking to christian people, but i dont want to start an argument about god.

Level 10
I get depressed occasionally, like I feel the weight of everything just pushing down on me and I think about the world and just everything and I just get really depressed. I don't listen to that kind of music or cut myself or anything in the whole "emo" scene, except for maybe grow my hair out. I just goto sleep and wake up in a better mood.

Level 45
Manic Depression hmm? i thought that was called Bipolar.. a pattern of manic(meaning... being high and mighty and happy etc) for about a week then very..as in.. VERY depressive for another week for no reason.

I think you mean.. a form of self psychological depression from an in balancement or trauma to the brain...but i guess you got that listed down as major.

And...me coming back to...god? er...no thnx...you have..no idea...on why.. :S Thats like satans daughter being friends with god..just..no....thnx for the kindness ..yes..

Level 5
major is where it comes from like no apparent reason, from ur synapses not firing rite, manic is like depression where ur up really high one moment and super low the next and can even make u like totaly crazy.

i wont pressure you into god werewulf, but what can you lose from trying/
now ask yourself...what can you lose if im right, and there is a heaven...and a hell.

Level 5
oh well......cant blame me for trying to save a few, u do understand its just coz i care?
but lets drop the god subject, this thread is about depression. how do you get to sleep? the question may sound stupid, but it takes me hours and hours to get to sleep, some nights i dont bother sleeping and just do art till its time for breakfast.

Level 10
I just close my eyes and think of something I want to dream, I sleep, I dream, all in 2 minutes, ima good sleeper

Level 5
my dreams scare me.........one traumatized me....the others freak me out and make me worry....i guess im paranoid, like when i hear about sum1 dying, my thoughts imidiatly turn to the people i care about, and what would happen if they die....i think i need 2 find a shrink lolz

Level 10
When your having anightmare, say in your mind that its a good dream, and it will be a good dream. Like for example, if your drowning in your dream, think that you can breath and swim like a fish in the water. BAM! your request is done because you control your dreams.

Level 5
When your having anightmare, say in your mind that its a good dream, and it will be a good dream. Like for example, if your drowning in your dream, think that you can breath and swim like a fish in the water. BAM! your request is done because you control your dreams.

dream control? wait..i think is used to do that, i used to actually be able to move at will through the places created in my dreams, and even have some power, to even step backwards and redo the events in them to my liking, i was even able to continue my dreams even when i was begining to wake, aslong as i could keep my eyes closed.
those dreams had less meaning though, and were limited by my imagination.

im trying to exercise more, but remember i have terrible fitness, and i think im anemic or sumthing.

coincidentally, im listening 2 a song called Suicidal Dream by silverchair.

Status
Not open for further replies.