• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

bug in my map plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
PLZ PLZ PLZ anyone with a lot of experience with the editor help me!!! I've got a huge problem with the map i'm developing... its called realm of azeroth and i cant continue making it because i cant open it with the editor anymore... from one moment to the other it just stopped working... i can still open it with warcraft 3 and play it so far as it is finished, but when i try opening it with the editor, it says that there was a fault and that the program needs to be shut down. then it asks if i want to rapport the fault to microsoft, so i did that.

the only thing that i did with warcraft in between the moment i last edited the map and the first time it didnt work, was unmount and then remount warcraft, because there was a bug in that.

IF ANYONE RECOGNISES THIS BUG PLZ POST HERE WHAT YOU THINK I NEED TO DO TO FIX THIS BECAUSE IM PRETTY FUCKING DEPRESSED BECAUSE ALL MY WORK IS FOR NOTHING AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

sorry, i let myself go there for a sec.
oh yes and the reason why im not posting my map here is because it exceeds size limit of 5 mb which by the way i find a rediculously low limit...

Level 3
Uhmm, it's obivious that he wants to open a protected map that isn't his.

wtf are you acusing me of, noob, go to my other thread and see my idea, thats the map im working on, not just a map i stole!!! and to reply on the other guy who suggested to reinstall warcraft, i just did but to no result, i still cant open the map

so your aiming for 8 real players, not gonna happen! 4mb is max limit for bnet

well i dont know how to stay below 4 mb because i made a map of size 196x196 which is only filled for about 30% with terrain and has no big imported files and its 7 mb, how the hell do you stay below 4 mb if you make a large rpg map???

Last edited:
Level 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid
Uhmm, it's obivious that he wants to open a protected map that isn't his.

wtf are you acusing me of, noob, go to my other thread and see my idea, thats the map im working on, not just a map i stole!!! and to reply on the other guy who suggested to reinstall warcraft, i just did but to no result, i still cant open the map''

Chill out man....

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
By the sounds of him saying "unmount and then remount warcraft" means hes not starting it legaly (from ios or other storage method or even something he got by torrent) so that probably is the cause.

And by the sound of your map being 7 mb yopu have spammed imports of some kind since no way would a small map like you describe reach 7 mb with out imports.
Also are you using third party editors like WEU?
Thoughs are known to be fucked up and make your map insanly large.

Also what version wc3 your using since under a month ago the new 1.20 came out and thus if you were using WEU or other third party editors that will happen.
Try opening the blizzard included maps and seeing if they load, if they dont you must reinstall wc3 from the orignal CD (not iso or other mountable images) since that is the only way to really know it is not a fucked up installation causing it.

Level 7
wtf are you acusing me of, noob, go to my other thread and see my idea, thats the map im working on, not just a map i stole!!! and to reply on the other guy who suggested to reinstall warcraft, i just did but to no result, i still cant open the map

well i dont know how to stay below 4 mb because i made a map of size 196x196 which is only filled for about 30% with terrain and has no big imported files and its 7 mb, how the hell do you stay below 4 mb if you make a large rpg map???

not a map you JUST stole???

Level 3
By the sounds of him saying "unmount and then remount warcraft" means hes not starting it legaly (from ios or other storage method or even something he got by torrent) so that probably is the cause.

And by the sound of your map being 7 mb yopu have spammed imports of some kind since no way would a small map like you describe reach 7 mb with out imports.
Also are you using third party editors like WEU?
Thoughs are known to be fucked up and make your map insanly large.

Also what version wc3 your using since under a month ago the new 1.20 came out and thus if you were using WEU or other third party editors that will happen.
Try opening the blizzard included maps and seeing if they load, if they dont you must reinstall wc3 from the orignal CD (not iso or other mountable images) since that is the only way to really know it is not a fucked up installation causing it.

my version of wc3expansion is completely legal since i payed 60 bucks for it...
if you dont believe me, just look up my account on northrend which is also named unholy_fenix. i just mount it to play without needing the CD...
im using the standard warcraft expansion editor without any crappy custom made programs from the internet, i dont even know what WEU is...
my version of wc3 is the latest update (1.20e i think) because i updated by going online on battle.net
other maps do load, i have tried reinstalling warcraft, but no effect...

Can u take a screenshot and show me/us the error it gives ?

it is in dutch, so i think you couldnt read it, but i could post a copy of the fault rapport here. i dont think it will be usefull though because its all ms dos codes and numbers and jibberish...

Dunno how i think its corrupt .. end of story ...

yes i think so to, but how did it become corrupt, because one moment it worked and the next it didnt, it was really weird. also is there anyway to uncorrupt a corrupt file or is it just lost forever (window n00b talking, sorry im used to working with macs)...

unholy_fenix you are angry, you need to calm down. :)

you would be angry to if about 20 hours of hard work go up in smoke before your eyes...

so the cryptlord was wrong and he isnt the only bug of warcraft......

p.s. does anyone notice that like quoting :p

Last edited:
Level 45
dude, back up your maps, its your own fault you didnt or didn't backup enough copies, its no one else's fault so don't yell at people. =_=

if you imported a model then sometimes bad models cause your map to crash etc, or if you apply a bad model you imported ages ago to a unit blah blah..it will possibly crash..

Sometimes triggers can screw up a map... not exactly sure how but its possible.
i ..didnt really read all your post since, its just yelling and im tired... =_=
Yes, but i read that part when you said u didnt do much so dont call me a dumbass please.

and yes, bnet maps have a limit of 4mb from what i hears.

Level 3
LOL LATEST UPDATE IS 1.21!!! How can you go bnet with 1.20e? and weu isnt crappy at all, as arent other programs made for wc3... they aren't crap unless you dont know how to use them... and you surely dont...

hey i sayd i thought it was 1.20e, but that it was the newest, so i thought wrong and it was 1.21. and i didnt say weu is crappy, isayd i didnt know what it is. but i think i know now, i looked around a bit... its world editor unlimited, right? so tell me whats new in this weu, and if i need to update it everytime blizzard releases patches.

Status
Not open for further replies.