• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Depressing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I'll tell you what's depressing: I've caught cold a couple of days before and it metamorphosed into cystitis. My doctor prescribed me some med that killed my microflora and caused thrush and diarrhea at the same time. That's what I call DEPRESSING!

Level 19
I'll tell you what's depressing: I've caught cold a couple of days before and it metamorphosed into cystitis. My doctor prescribed me some med that killed my microflora and caused thrush and diarrhea at the same time. That's what I call DEPRESSING!

Meh, my flora is fucked up from my baby times, so my intestinal activity is pretty random, ut bout depression... uhm. I just got it when I was young with these first crushes... kinda silly really. Now Im at the current time at the hospital in the end of my chemotherapy (I have Leucemia) and I was almost leaving the hospital just to a little fever of 37 celcius making me stay another week, oh hell. Actually the fever passed, but I need to stay anyway.

Level 14
It can't; it's us that perceive it that way. This is how we can explain the so-called "objective" perspective (there's no objective perspective in human thinking, if you ask me) and how one event can affect someone very much, when the same event would leave someone else emotionally idle.
It all depends on your personal boundaries and the way you've learned to deal with things -if you haven't, you will feel helpless, and by extension, this feeling will make you feel "depressed"-.

Depression is a clinical term, it should be avoided in everyday labeling of people's emotional states. There's also "melancholy"; prefer that one instead.

What this guy said.

Well for me, it was when a lot of bad and intense stuff happened at the same time. My parents died years ago so... in 2010 when I failed to accomplish the goals I set + arguing with my best friend and seemingly breaking it off for good + arguing with my uncle and seemingly breaking it off for good + my 11 year old dog died + living completely alone = D E P R E S S I O N, or as Pharaoh_ likes to call it, I've become melancholic. But now it's all good, I've regained who I lost + a new pet cat, orange type, like Puss in Boots, very social too.

See now thats why i love the internet. She doesn't do any of that shit too you!

Internet can't also make you happy as real life can. : P
RL is like a two bladed sword.

Status
Not open for further replies.