1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Depressing

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Codric, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Arowanna

Arowanna

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I don't think I am, but it sure feels like I've been there; but I probably haven't, comparing to how drained others have been.

Brittany uploaded a rather interesting video on the subject a while ago:
    Derp
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJsKLJv-hGI&feature=g-u-u

Say what you want about it, but I think most of us have been there, in one way or the other. And that video made me think of Twisted Sisters epic “The Price”… :)

I mentioned it before, not everyone have that willpower or even "survival will" to give a shit about it; glad some have it though.

2. FrIkY

FrIkY

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Well, look... whenever I feel depressed, I just... ask someone to press me, and it's all fine after that! :D

Bad joke FrIkY, leaving the stage!

3. Skycraft

Skycraft

Resources:
    Resources:
    This thread is depressing.
    Whenever I'm sad I stop being sad and be awesome instead.

4. Kingz

Kingz

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    True story.

5. GhostThruster

GhostThruster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    whenever I'm sad I stop being sad and I play Halo

6. Karawasa

Karawasa

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'd argue that there are some people who literally do have a chemical imbalance in their brain which causes depression. But most people who are depressed are simply weak of mind. Since there is no test for chemical imbalance...the line between the two is hard to distinguish.

7. Nuclear

Nuclear

Resources:
    Resources:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolutionary_approaches_to_depression

8. Codric

Codric

Resources:
    Resources:
    I am not depressed I just want to know how tou guys fell when you're depressed

9. TheWhiteWolf

TheWhiteWolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    There is no point in being sad.
    This is actually her signature, and she is right.

When it's good, everyone will be with you.
    When it's bad, only true friends stick around.

10. GhostThruster

GhostThruster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    @sorceress: old boy?

11. Hemske

Hemske

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    What this handsome guy just said.

It really is that simple, whenever I feel down I just slap myself mentally and get my shit together and it is all good.

12. Ironside

Ironside

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I'm depressed because I go to a computer school and still landed in one of the worst places for summer work.

13. Kingz

Kingz

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well if it's any consolation same thing happened to two of my very good friends, so i guess it happens.

Try to make the most of it, look on it on the bright side :)

14. Ironside

Ironside

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I am looking at it at from the bright side: survive for 5 more weeks and then never again.

15. Yixx

Yixx

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Why not get a permanent job? If only part-time. I do two studies, Mathemathics and Computer Science, take drivers lessons for both car and bike, have a job for, outside holidays, only one day in the week, and still have time to go to the bar with friends and have an awesome night of which I do not remember half of the stuff that happened after 2 AM :p

Furthermore, I have been there. It was my own fault, at least, the fact that I have been depressed for such a long time. I just could not get on with my life after 2,5 years of having a solid relationship, which ended abruptly. Now I don't know why I didnt slap myself in the face much earlier and started living life again. But even though I was depressed, there were things keeping my spirit up. Study and friends. (And alcohol)..

Yes, I have been there..

16. Ironside

Ironside

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    As long as it's this job, I'm just trying to get it over with as soon as possible. I'm not going to take a permanent job that doesn't suit my study in any way.

17. Karawasa

Karawasa

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So, so true.

18. Nuclear

Nuclear

Resources:
    Resources:
    We're living the best age of modern civilizations (because not all humans are as lucky) yet. Most of us have shelter, a motorized vehicle, food and fresh water. And I don't know about you, but in my country it's pretty impossible to die for starvation, you'd have to go to a forest hiding or some official would force you to eat. Hell, they even want to give free shelters and food for gypsies. That being said, I am of course speaking from the perspective of a person living in a first world country, where all the significant wars have already been fought and famines been solved.

So no need to be depressed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPOzQzk9Qo

Edit: So I'm pointing out how humans before this era, for hundreds of thousands of years, died in horrible and painful ways and often violently before reaching even the age of ~30, which is considered a relatively young person today.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  19. takakenji

takakenji

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I Have SOmething: Stop being a BAby and Suck it up There are people Dieing in Africa who are GEtting abused by Warlords and forced to make Huts from rhino dung So Get over it okay Stop being a weener There is no Such thing as Depression just U being a weener

20. Codric

Codric

Resources:
    Resources:
    okay I see that but the qeustion is what in hells name are you doing about it