1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 13th Music Contest Poll is up! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Depressing

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Codric, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Codric

Codric

Resources:
    Resources:
    Tell me about how life can be depressing

2. Pharaoh_

Pharaoh_

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It can't; it's us that perceive it that way. This is how we can explain the so-called "objective" perspective (there's no objective perspective in human thinking, if you ask me) and how one event can affect someone very much, when the same event would leave someone else emotionally idle.
    It all depends on your personal boundaries and the way you've learned to deal with things -if you haven't, you will feel helpless, and by extension, this feeling will make you feel "depressed"-.

Depression is a clinical term, it should be avoided in everyday labeling of people's emotional states. There's also "melancholy"; prefer that one instead.

3. Magtheridon96

Magtheridon96

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Live a happy life.
    Find happiness, don't wait for it to come to you.
    I found happiness when I left love and girls and focused on Math, Physics and Programming.
    Do what you love and you will find happiness.
    That even applies to love if you get the joke :p

Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
  4. -Derp-

-Derp-

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Oh Pharoh_ you made me laugh.
    Depressing is an adjective, not a philosophical discussion.

From experience, I've had a few hard times when running into legal issues.
    The real Debbie Downer of them was one involving 'guilty by association'. Yeah.
    I managed to squeeze by it though, as with the rest of them.

5. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Having to create a Bluetooth system 8-10 hours a day with all this junk that is going on. Enough said.

6. Kingz

Kingz

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Studying 3 weeks 6 hours a day and failing an exam pretty much does it for me.

Apart from that... nothing.

7. I3lackDeath

I3lackDeath

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Ha, I know that feeling, except it's 4 weeks á 3 hours for me. And the best part is that you have to wait 4-6 weeks for the results. >_>

8. PROXY

PROXY

3D Modeling Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Exercising or running is a great way to achieve happines and inner piece. You get into a stance you can't describe, especially when you do it outside at a nice weather.
    You might try it, as for me, everytime I feel lonely, angry, sad, >> depressed <<, these help me a lot :)

9. Nuclear

Nuclear

Resources:
    Resources:
    Remembering your mortality.

10. NightElf125

NightElf125

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ah but people living in this day and age at a young age have a good chance of not having to face that; at least for quite a longer while. Life extension technologies are in deep development and estimates are anywhere from 20-30 years they will be ready; could be longer.

11. Nuclear

Nuclear

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm also building hopes on that, but after they're developed, it'll take another 30 years until general public can afford them.

12. Arowanna

Arowanna

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Depression, melancholy or just mental instability - call it whatever you like. I use all of them and to be honest, I just care about the way I interpreted them...

Anyway, I really don't see the whole point of this thread yet, "Tell me about how life can be depressing"..? It all depends on what person you are and it varies greatly from person to person. I've never been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, but I do admittedly have a bad temper and I can go from gleeful ecstasy into gloomy melancholy in the matter of seconds. I can wake up one day and feel nothing but the need of slitting my wrists and jumping out a window (not that it ever will happen, I'm far too much of a coward to actually take action); in general, I just want to escape reality. But on the other hand, I can wake up the day after and totally forget that yesterday it felt like I went through Hell…

I can't fully explain my "mood swings". I can blame depression and what not, I might even be insane as far as I know, but in general I just come down to one thing; knowledge and my view upon the world.

The more I know of the world around me, the more it tends to hurt and with my slightly misanthropic and somewhat nihilistic view on everything I just tend to burrow my mind in melancholic thoughts about... Well, whatever it is that I think loudly about.

TL;DR
    What I want to mention in the post... Depression is kinda hard to pin-point and discuss as it varies so much from person to person and how they perceive the world around them…

Edit
    This is probably one of the most classic reasons why people fall into dementia, depression and etc. and is in my opinion a very legitimate reason. I don't personally have any great fear towards it, but I fully understand why some go mad over it.

It's great when people can find happiness in everything they do and in general, be happy with what they have and their limits; but I'd just like mention that not everyone is capable of that... Don't tell me that they are weak-minded or anything like that (I agree that we are to some degree), but some people just can't accept reality, no matter how hard they try. Maybe some people are bound to fail, what do I know, but it does annoy me a bit when people think it's that easy for everyone... Some people are just distrubed from the start and just can't handle it. Of course, it would be great if everyone could, but it's not the reality of things... /rabble rabble rabble

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  13. Crayons

Crayons

Resources:
    Resources:
    life becomes depressing when a person experiences some emotional stress and he loses his emotional diligence.

or if he has some mental illness that was produced by similar reasons.

the way I deal with my everyday depression is by playing games, but yeah, it depends on the person on what action he wants to use to counteract depression.

14. takakenji

takakenji

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Stop Being a BaBy

15. Nuclear

Nuclear

Resources:
    Resources:
    ... your signature fits perfectly with your posts.

16. Reclamation

Reclamation

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is there anyone here who actually suffers from major depression?

17. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nope.

18. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes.

19. Nuclear

Nuclear

Resources:
    Resources:
    Maybe.

20. Direfury

Direfury

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    It all comes down to accepting the bad, before thinking about the good.

For instance, I know my worth, what little there is. I know my weaknesses, the problems I face, all the things that make me a terrible person, or a waste of time and space. However, that doesn't bother me, I know I'm filth, and it pushes me to improve.

You need willpower to deal with these things.
    "I am NOT going to be proven right about this"