1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Demon Invasion v1.8

Submitted by Nekrowizard
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Description:
Demon Invasion is a 7 player Hero Defense.
You find yourself in an abandoned outpost, defending against 30 waves of demons and undead, with a boss fight every 5th level.
You have a portal in your base, which will lead the demons directly to the heart of the mortal world.
It is your objective to protect it, while staying alive long enough to kill the last boss.
When he is defeated, the demons will be forced back to hell, and you will be victorious.

The game was designed to have at least a little teamwork needed in order to progress.
This was my first project, so it's not big, complex and innovative. I aimed at creating a simple, but fun and engaging player experience.

Items:
The map currently features 4 shops. (Armor/Weapons/Potions/Tomes)
Each boss drops an unique item as well.
Most of the items are "custom", and I plan to implement recipes. (A few ideas are being thought out right now)

Heroes:
There's currently 8 Heroes to choose between.
While the Heroes may not have a certain "role", some shine more in areas where others don't.

Modes:
There's 3 different difficulties to choose between, making it possible to give new players a chance to get to know the game, as well as the option to give experienced players a challenge.

The game also features a shared bounty system, so now the little healer in the back won't get cheated. Gold from kills is equally shared between allies.

Do not be afraid to tell me what you think about this map. This is my first effort at making one, and any form of (constructive) criticism would help me improve greatly!

*The map is protected*

Demoninvasion.blogspot.com

Keywords:
Defend, Defense, Invasion, Demons, Undead
Contents

Demon Invasion v1.8 (Map)

Reviews
13:29, 7th Aug 2008 Rui: According to the reviews, the map seems to be acceptable. Approved. Thank you for using the Hive.
  1. Nekrowizard

Nekrowizard

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    He's only supposed to reincarnate once.
    In some of the older versions, he kept reincarnation forever. But in v1.8 his reincarnation has a 3600 second cooldown, meaning you have an entire hour to kill him. If you played a version prior to v1.8 I apologize for the inconvenience.

2. Lord of the Korn

Lord of the Korn

Resources:
    Resources:
    we played 1.8...

oh and how are those cool ent models called? i have never seen them before i think

3. Nekrowizard

Nekrowizard

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I just looked through the map, and Demogorgons reincarnation seems to be working as intended.

And the ent model was made by Darkholme, and can be downloaded in the model section of this website.

Ancient Warrior - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

4. NearbyHermit

NearbyHermit

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well glad to see the map accepted and rolling.

I was happy to help out,peace and more great maps to come,you rule!