• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Demon Defence

Status
Not open for further replies.
here is a pic i hope it helps
blue = human path
Green = cave (dodade cave)
yellow = ramp
pink = Scalable wall (you dont need to know that its just to give an idea of it)
DemonDefenceMinimap.jpg

Level 17
Yeh thats what i was thinking but You need to change the Human spawn point to further up ? Other wise there is no room for the cave? I thought the cave was mena go behind the wall/ Or is there no cave?

Also ds i have a problem. I imported a model Demon pillar now i have imported this before into other maps and it works fine. But when i import it into your map, And i make a doodad change model to imported model. When i go to place it is normal everything works. but when i actually place it demon door comes out instead/ Do you know how i can fix this bug? (Already tried creating new doodad for it and reimporting)

Also i need to add some units for the terrain (defender units so it looks better) But i dont want to make Up ones. Could you tell me what kind of strength they should have.

no cave is needed because it is for the humans in later levels to make it harder so its basicly just the 2 dodad caves
how is this for a story line so far.

After the great battle the demon general Sataniachia was slain by a human called Sir Anton Palmirian. This battle caused most humans to hunt the remaining demons till one of the last demons became king and led them to the Chaos Citidel the place that alloud demons to enter the human relm and live there. The Demon King united all the remaining demons to stop the hords of human soilder from taking the Chaos Citadel.

Level 17
Sounds good You should turn that into a story :p Hmm (Later games to be developed The Cave Rpg (Where The demons have escaped into the cave and now are searching through the underground labyrinth for a way out. (They go along so many levels and can find so many clues (like old journels when they meat a evil monster etc)
(Then once they get out of the cave you could make a Strategy map. The demon Revolution Where they have found a special land from the cave and are now trying to get complete domination of it. They have set up camp and began there scourge once more?

ok can i request a status report on the spells and the terrain once the terrain is done i can then start with making more heroes.
ok 2 things:
  • i have had an idea on a hero builder gaining more buildings as he levels and instead of abilitys he could have upgrades
  • also i would like to ask for ideas that would make the defence map unique with special systams and stuff
tell me your ideas and thoughts please

Level 17
Oh sorry i stopped the terrain i got mental block ill try and start it again but still im finding it difficult. because i need to place units on the ramparts (Ranged unit to be exact) Can you give me some specification for there dmg or should i make them And let you edit there stats later?
Hero builder sounds like necro wars hero one.
Hmm uniqueness wait surely before you even started this you planned it all out in one great master plan. You didn't aww. no evil grandure plans.
Well to make it unqiue you could have modes> :D,
There could be a few modes.
Mode 1 Siege (o_O SIEGE basically you defend against waves and waves of units IN the courtyard, if we ever do this mode though needs a reterrain on basics to a better terrain Win = lives = 0)
Mode 2 Normal (normal as planned, but you can hire units (win = citadel death_)
Mode 3 Fps (This changes it into a more fps kinda mode Where you get a choice of views , Fps tps etc and you have to pick a range hero or melee. When you pick these the action is much closer up. Normal defending. Also (You cant hire units, But some spawn to help defend, every unit let through to citadel loses lives same basis as siege.)
Mode 4 All out war, You are no longer just heros one player is selected as the Count of The demon city and of the old religion. That player must take control of the city of its Income its soldiers and millitary, It has to defend against invaders from beyond its walls but also make sure there are no peasant riots. The rest of the players will be either assigned officer general townguard of villiger (Villigers can choose what they become and how they help the economy) You must now keep the City alive through All the difficulties untill your Gold amount and economy = X)
Mode 5, The last mode could be Total Invasion. Enemies have swarmed the city and now You have to defend against them sides will be split so heros are gone evenly as generals who control armies with spawns. Those must try and take ove rthe city and those who defend it)

Mode 6 (Normal mode but with quests mini games Etc more like RPG feel)

Also is it okay if i reterrain teh basics and start again. Instead can there be more of a city feel than a fortress its be on an open map with 4 entrances split > Ill upload a map when im done with the new basics. There will Nort south west east gates and all paths lead to the citadel like An actualy city kinda thing.

Last edited:
Level 17
Soz been taking so long school >.<
Also i really cant think of anything to put in terrain so here is the basics.
Sorry again about the delay.
And sorry for the crappy terrain >.>

Edit Reuploaded it changed a minor detail >.> doom guard facing wrong way

Attachments

• Demon Defence.w3x
    2.3 MB · Views: 71
Level 17
Wouldnt that be like original design i had before >.>
Hmm you know that first terrain i did and submitted shuold we just use that?

Level 17
Since its holidays i can start to work agian probs gonna start from scratch >.> The terrain should be done by wednesday or thursday Depending on free time.
Also on your idea instead of buying empty bottle potions. Couldn't instead you just have Them buying a Single vial that can be filled with ingrediants. Each ingrdeiant adding a diffrent effect, so that they can fuly customise the potions. So you could have a count on each effect. So say 1 of the Vials might add +5x Effect point +50 health So after 5 uses the effect fades or somin

Level 3
I want to help in creating this, do you have any available positions?

After the great battle the demon general Sataniachia was slain by a human called Sir Anton Palmirian. This battle caused most humans to hunt the remaining demons till one of the last demons became king and led them to the Chaos Citidel the place that alloud demons to enter the human relm and live there. The Demon King united all the remaining demons to stop the hords of human soilder from taking the Chaos Citadel.
-Chaos Citadel is made of dirt?Shouldn't it be black citadel terrain to make it easier?(even thought you can use triggers to terrain its longer)
-If a general dies many others can take his place, and if there are generals then their should be kings (the king that is CURRENTLY in charge take command instead of letting some random demon that had a miraculous escape and survival, he might not even be experienced in combat) and that king should stop or halt the humans
-Chaos Citadel that allowed demons to enter the human realm? Are you saying that the Citadel is a place where demons can travel between chaos/demon/whatever you name it world into human realm, so shouldn't their be an army there to protect the citadel from invasions?Shouldn't their be more demons on the "other" side ready to help demons kill humans?

How about this storyline:
During the Siege of one of the Demons most powerful Citadels that provide access to the human realms the demon general Sataniachia sacrificed himself in order to allow _____ to escape with the engineers that built this citadel.Sataniachia was slain by a human called Sir Anton Palmirian and to which Sataniachia's _____ has an immortal grudge against. The humans realised with strategy and tactics that they could defeat demons and to which they hunted the demons down until _____ gathered the remaining demons and marched them to one of the Last Citadel "<name of citadel>" , one of the few left standing that could connect the demons to the realm of the humans. _____ ensured that he could succeed where Sataniachia failed, however, due to a disruption on the demon side
reinforcements and escaping was no longer a possibility due to the <name of demon>'s 3rd Rebellion which succeeded this time in taking out the <top ranking demon position> and has begun closing all entrances to what <name of demon> called the impure realms. Without any help or reinforcements _____ had to launch a powerful enoguh offensive which would create his defensive and by doing so (s)he would lure out Sir Anton Palmirian and avenge Sataniachia for all demon-kind!

Last edited:
Level 3
Units
-Demon Witch
40-50 damage

-Demon Maiden
fast attack speed 30-40 damage

-Soul Hound
fast moving summons 20-30 30-35 35-50dmg

Wave:
1.Peasant 10-20dmg 150hp
2.Militia 20-25dmg 300hp
3.Footman 25-30dmg 450hp
4.Swordsman 30-35dmg 600hp
5.Elite Footman 35-40dmg 750hp Hardened Skin(reduce dmg by 5)
6.Elite Swordsman 45-45dmg 900hp Hardened Skin(reduce dmg by 10)
7.Elite Swordsman+Pesants
8.Elite Swordsman+Militia
9.Elite Swordsman+Footman
10.Elite Swordsman+Swordsman
11.Elite Swordsman+Elite Footmen
12.Knight 45-50dmg 1200hp Fast
13.Heavily Armed Knight(slower) 60-65dmg 1250hp average
14.H.A.K+Elite Footmen
15.H.A.K+Elite Swordsman
16.Elite Knight 65-75dmg 1500hp average-fast
17.Elite Knight+Elite Footmen
18.Elite Knight+Elite Footmen+Elite Swordsman

-Support Units
Wave:
1.Archer 15-25dmg 75hp
3.Power Ranger(heh) 35-45dmg 150hp
5.Elite Ranger 45-50dmg 300hp (crit/evasion)
7.Rifleman 55-65dmg 450hp
9.Elite Rifleman 65-70dmg 550hp (ministun/headshot)
10.Priest 25-50dmg magic 400hp (heal25hp/s)
11.Priest+Archer
12.Priest+Power Ranger
13.Priest+Elite Ranger
14.Priest+Rifleman
15.Priest+Elite Rifleman
16.Elite Priest 30-60dmg magic 600hp (heal50hp/s)+Elite Ranger+Rifleman
17.Elite Priest+Rifleman+Elite Rifleman

-Items
Demon Sigil Book(tome)
Provides a permanent stat bonus of a random number between 1-20

Demon Sigil Stone
Provides a bonus of 24 damage and 24 to all stats

Level 3
which demon defense do i put in?

-Abilities
Soul Skin
Proivdes X armor(1-5) and reduces damage by X (10-20)
Level1:1 armor reduces 10
Level2:2 armor reduces 15
Level3:3 armor reduces 20
Level4:4 armor reduces 25
Level5:5 armor reduces 30

Psychotic Scythe
Teleports next to the Enemy and Deals X(100-150) damage and heals caster for 50% of the damage dealt
Level1:100dmg 50heal
Level2:150dmg 75heal
Level3:200dmg 100heal
Level4:250dmg 125heal
Level5:300dmg 150heal

Level 3
I could TRY and make a GUI wave system but it might have leaks

Edit: Do you want waves to pile up? or only when all units in wave group die?

Level 17
Wave systems =D oh yeh soz about taking forever for the terrain < I shall try and stop procastinating. I'll try and get it done to a good standard its just every time i make one i think its crap and start again >.<.

Anyway back to the point. I haz a suggestion for da wave system.

Make it so that the host can choose The time between each wave. Also a randomizer of units.
I.e So have a timer which runs after X seconds chosen by host or vote.
Well there is my 2 cence i'll get back to work over the weekend.

Level 17
Well here is the terrain so far. If you see any problems or issues, just tell me and ill try and fix it. Still to add "Tunnel, Doods, Ray effects, Minor details, Smoke on some houses, Finish of housing and Add Town guard. And anything you want me to add.
No idea why there are human houses just there were no demon ones D=

Terrainpic1.jpg
Terrainpic2.jpg
Terrainpic3.jpg
Terrainpic4.jpg

Oh and need to add some monuments or somin on pires and Demonic towers somwhere xP

Level 3
Took me around 2 hours...
Ok, heres what i have done
-10 waves
-Host can choose how many units each wave
-Their is a VOTE SYSTEM for choosing but hosts commands overide that
-Made Priest
-THEIR IS A TIMER BEFORE EACH WAVE!! SO YOU HAVE TIME TO BUY ITEMS!!
-Host can choose the length of the Timer
phew...

@brambleclaw O.O wow that looks good and very outland windy

Attachments

• Demon Defence.w3x
    2.2 MB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Level 17
Systems, POWER SYSTEM like mana but diffrent. The well of moonlight or the City Runs of a massive power source or vault. This stores the populations energy. Energy is produced ever moonlight 00:00. You must protect your population to keep the moonlight. Every time a house dies or city or wtever your moonlight production decreases. And you can buy upgrades etc to increase moonlight per populace, buy populace and to increases maximum Energy.
The energy is needed for casting certain spells, and Rage or Special spell for each character, wherebye they drink up 5% of the energy and gain xA% speed A is a constant and X is decided by 1% of the amount of energy/B there is. This is so that is doesnt rise anything above 500. B is relation To what kind figures your having for the energy. SO that is balances out and doesnt run out after like a few uses.

Example . ( ENERGY 10000
( Rage is used
(Increase move and attack speed by 10000/1000=10x The constant % increase
Say constant was 5 (Then thats 50% Energy. New energy amount =10000- ( 10000/100x 5) So thats 95% or original So new energy would be 100x 5 =500 10000-500 = 9500

Oh and if the Energy = 0 Then all units are slowed and damaged slightly with the effects of Starvation. Damages x every x seconds. Also if somone uses Rage or special abillity more than once per a day. They get Moonlight drunkness after casting it. 1% Change of missing and 5% Movement Decrease, Or somin. Upgrades could come in the form of certain structures obtainable by building a Sanctuary to the gods or somin?. Also that means you can use moonlight and sacrafices to create units. Also units could be sold for temp moonlight boosts. Or seperate abils which help out like Stun (say for boss a 2 second stun for x moonlight etc)

Level 17
Okay fair enougth. Ill think of somin else =D
Btw is it okay if they escape through a portal down a small mine instead of a cave. >?

Oh and here is the terrain beta. Im not gonna add any units for now because im still not sure if they would be balanced or anything but at some point we need to make some town guard =D.

Did add some Generic units though.

Also Edit: Minor change xO

Attachments

• DEMON DEFENSE TERRAIN BETA!2.w3x
    2.3 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Level 3
Flashy Demonic Sword - increases damage by 1 for every 10kills.CAP:32
Heavy Demonic Sword - increases damage by 1 for every 9kills.CAP:40
Burning Demonic Sword - increase damage by 1 for every 8kills.CAP:48

Enraged Demon:
Every kill you make increases the chance of a special event where a trapped demon is released to run rampage among the humans.
1kill=0.01%
Activates once a game
Last stand move
10,000 kills=100%
Buy item at a shop which is instantly removed and starts to calculate the chance and if its successful then he is summoned.
If its un-successful he cant be summoned for the rest of the game.
Buying Corpse=+0.1%
Buying Corpse Pile=+1%

Sacrficial Altar:
A place where one hero of level +5 can enter and can sacrifice his body to obtain a unique item/hero with the higher level the more chance he has of getting something good. His soul remains and is allowed to find another body to possess(repick).

Level 17
ill cheack in a min

EDIT: i checked and its awesome but why the fuck is there houses? its a demon realm they need to go if u get me also realm = demon why is undead and draenei there?
leave the units to me cos ima make some custom demon units but awesome job

Yeh sorry about the houses. Just theres no demon Houses (couldnt find any on Hive D=)
Any idea what can be put in there place?

Edit: Any ideas what could be used to fill the space where they were?

Edit2: Do you think it would look better if i made it so that the wind was only outside of the City.? And make a misty fog / Rays of light or somin for inside

Edit3; Really outa ideas plox help?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.