• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Defend isn't reflecting damage!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
In one of my custom maps Defend doesn't reflect damage. I created a Melee map to test if the problem was with my first map.

Defend reflects damage in Blizzard maps.

I'm really confused about this. The only thing I changed was that each player is given 750 resources at the start of the game. For some reason Footman's Defend ability doesn't reflect damage. I have not changed Defend or Footman.

The only trigger I have added is this:
  • Events
    • Time - 5 secs
  • Action
    • Give gold/lumber

Level 11
Does the attacker have pierce damage? Because Defend only works with pierce damage. Also make sure defend is actually on. If you didnt change defend at all, then you didnt change the requirements, therefore you need to research defend before you can even use it.

Level 2
Does the attacker have pierce damage? Because Defend only works with pierce damage. Also make sure defend is actually on. If you didnt change defend at all, then you didnt change the requirements, therefore you need to research defend before you can even use it.

Thanks for reply. The attacker DOES have piercing damage. I used a unmodified Archer and Crypt Fiend to attack the Footman. Defend is active of the Footman.

In the Melee made I created, the Human player created a Barracks, researched Defend, created a Footman, activated Defend then got attacked by a Archer and Crypt Fiend.

I created this Melee map to test if Defend worked because it did not in my custom map.

Here's the map I created to check if Defend reflects damage: http://epicwar.com/maps/85264/

Things I changed in the map are:
Resource cost of Footman and Defend
Build time of Footman and Defend
Removed Melee triggers
Removed Fog of War and Black Mask
Set time of day to 1200

Level 11
I have no idea what the problem is. I tried altering almost every value of defend. I even created multiple archers to attack the footman. I gave the archers .01 cd for atk. I gave them uber endurance aura increasing attack speed by 400%. Still they never take any damage from reflection. Maybe it can only work in melee games idk.
Also i tried all attack types and still nothing.

Level 2
I have no idea what the problem is. I tried altering almost every value of defend. I even created multiple archers to attack the footman. I gave the archers .01 cd for atk. I gave them uber endurance aura increasing attack speed by 400%. Still they never take any damage from reflection. Maybe it can only work in melee games idk.

I really need reflect to work in my map. :( Does anyone know why Defend isn't working because I have no idea?

Thanks for your help.

Level 3
Aah, thanks a lot for this thread! I was wondering that myself too, really wanted defend to reflect, but couldn't get it working. Now it works :)

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.