• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Footman Defend inconsistency?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
So I noticed a weird inconsistency, the Footman Defend ability reflects in Melee, but doesn't seem to in my custom maps. (Changing the settings in gameplay constants does allow it) So I'm wondering, why? What makes the difference?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Huh, weird, thank you though!
Custom games use the release RoC/TFT data set. This is so that melee balance changes do not suddenly cause balance changes in them that could potentially break their gameplay. For example Blizzard changing a units armor type in Melee could potentially break a custom map if that armor type was repurposed to be a special ultra weak or tough armor type not intended for that unit.

One can set it to use melee balance under map options, but that should only be done for modified melee maps which depend on melee mechanics and feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.