• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Defence Of Uthragon 1.43

Defence Of Uthragon 1.43

Fortress Siege reworked map.

Castle defence from invasion.
Choose one of 14 heroes and join the battle.
Use the team work and defend important points to ensure victory.

Differnces from the original Fortress Siege:
Ladders now spawn from the ladderman and can be attacked.
Siege ram can be attacked.
Units can now climb deployed siege towers
Added resurrect runes
Reworked some hero abilities and added new hero: Sage

Version 0.93
changed some unit abilities
changed some events

Version 1.0
Added new unit, the orc rampager
Pyromancer hero has a fire nova ability intead flame strike
Warden hero has reworked punishment ability
Added new abilities to clerics and enemy warlocs

Version 1.01
Melee heroes have an extra ability
Added extra unique award items when hero reaches 150 kills
Added new units
Reworked final battle
Added secret merchant

Version 1.05
Max Heo level is now 30
Changed overall progress to more complex one.
Changed some issues ans abilities

Version 1.06
Added a knock back effect to some active and passive abilities that can
push units over the wall (cliff) but cannot push them up the wall.
More resources granted.

Version 1.07
Added a knock back effect to some active and passive abilities that can
push units over the wall (cliff) but cannot push them up the wall.
More resources granted.
changed abilities for warrior and rogue to more powerfull ones.

Version 1.08
Ranger has new abilities
fixed some issues

Version 1.1
New hero: guardian
Warrior hero changed with different abilities and model

Version 1.15
New Items
Added a option to enable or disable the special and push effects
added trigger which reduce the number of enemy units arround gates.

Version 1.16
Improved computer hero ai
fixed crossbowman spawn near the summoning warlocks
fixed the dome ability and some other stuff
Artillery Captain is now unmovable
Cleric resurrect spell is now autocast

Version 1.17
fixed some bugs

Version 1.171
fixed Raghnarosh final attack
added shared unit control except the king general and archmage
other minor things

Version 1.18
added new secret hero
changed some abilities

Version 1.2
removed the warden hero and repleaced with assassin hero with new abilities
changed abilities:
Rogue binding knife repleaced with spike trap
Guardian restrain repleaced with disarm
Sage earthquake repleaced with petrify
Snapshoter field of disruption repleaced with barrage, and stunning shotd with smoke burst
Each hero has now additional lesser ability
Balanced some hero stats

Version 1.2a
Added new hero - Berserker
Changed Assassin and Rogue abilities
Removed aura effects (blue circle) from all unit abilities but not from hero abilities
Paladin Holy Light ability fixed
Removed Burning Oil ability from trebuchets
Fixed Warrior heroes mana regeneration

Version 1.3
Changed event
Removed demon quest
Added Warlock event
Game will no longer have no ending
Sage hero renamed to Geomancer
Added new hero called Sage (Dwarf with rune abilities)
Changed some models and abilities

Version 1.31
Reduced hitpoints of the portals
Ragharosh now attack walls and doesn't stop

Version 1.32
Orc Warlock is now more challenging
Taskmaster hero renamed to thane
Sorceress frost strike ability changed to frost attack which
adds a slow effect instead of freezing
Sorceress frost nova slow effect changed to freezing effect
Wizard lightning nova now adds a slow effect
Geomancer petrify ability is targeted as an area

Version 1.4
Redesigned unit and spell models
Tweaked some ability values
Warrior mighty rage ability changed to demoralizing shout
Paladin resurrection ability replaced with righteous wrath
Guardian force crush ability replaced with guardian standard
Rogue severe ability replaced with blade swarm
Rogue spurious image ability replaced with mayhem
Pyromancer fire shield ability replaced with summon fire elemental

Version 1.41a
Added triggers that deals with stuck units on the walls
Replaced several models with low size ones also reducing the overall map size.
Fixed priest smite ability which now deals far less damage.

Version 1.42
Removed weather and fog effects for better performance
Changed some unit abilities
Removed the 30 seconds time limit for difficulty change so
players can now change in the middle of the game.

Version 1.43
Added additional levels to hero abilities (6 or 7 instead of 3 or 4)
Heroes now earn ability point each level instead each two levels
Removed insufficient auras from the units
Reduced portal health
Enemy units will no longer invade the hero starting point

Here are some screenshots:

142893-albums2406-picture19269.jpg

142893-albums2406-picture19270.jpg

142893-albums2406-picture19272.jpg

142893-albums2406-picture19271.jpg

this map is protected.

Keywords:
Siege, hero, defence, fortress, castle, battle, invasion, keep, war.
Contents

Defence Of Uthragon 1.43 (Map)

Reviews
18:24, 16th Nov 2009 ap0calypse: Approved Re-reviewing with rating Date: 2011/Oct/01 18:10:55 Vengeancekael: VM // PM: Status: Approved Rating: 4/5 Recommended Rep Received: 0Reasons: Other: If you have any complaints or questions directed...
Level 4
You had 2 months to work on this map and y changed(fixed) so little!?!
And its a good questione why dosen't the Pit lord come to attack the fortress and just stays invounrible?!?

Don't bother, there is a bug which doesn't make the ending boss appear so you can kill him, just re-play it and it should be fine.
Second Review

Map Name: Defense of Uthragon

Creator: Tranquil

Information: Defense of Uthragon is a Castle Defense map with several heroes to choose from,....

-------------------
Items:

There are no custom items in the game, yet the powerful items which are dropped b the "badass" units are really helpful. Some custom items would make it better.

Heroes:

There are several heroes to choose from and even new ones with updates. They have custom abilities, but some of them are the same melee ones but with a few changes. Yet you didn't make the spells imba, which actually is a lot of fun.

Gameplay:

The Gameplay is the most important part in any map and this map just earns the title "A fun map", the custom events, the heroes, the item drops, the trebuchets, the enemy boss attacks just make the map a lot of fun. And it is really addictive. There is a replay-value because when you finish the map, then you will get a secret code which will unlock a new hero which is a lot of fun to play with. I don't have any negative points here.

Environment:

I don't think you used any custom doodads, yet the castle looks very nice even without those and the battlefield is just gigantic.

Bugs:

There are several bugs which i think are hard to fix, for example sometimes units get stuck on the wall and some units are just standing there. But there are no major bugs and almost no fatal errors except one random fatal error sometimes occuring in the end.

Overall:

This is actually the best castle defense map and probably one of the best maps i have played, and with the second review my rating will be changed to 4/5. You can clearly see that Tranquil has put a lot of effort into this.

Last edited:
Level 2
Is something supposed to happen when the timer reaches zero? Because it doesn't.

It seems that the timer only works when you play certain heroes. I tried it with paladin, wizard, and priest with no success, but playing pyromancer caused the demon summoning to begin when the timer counted down. This does not happen with the other heroes I've tried so far.

Also, when characters talk, you can't hear what they say and there's no text. I see in the screenshots that there's supposed to be text; why isn't it showing up?

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 5
Hey dude i played this map with my friends on lan and the delay was like 30 seconds!!!!!

do something of the delay man..... Xtreme delay we couldn't play at all its no fun if u play this map alone.....

Gr8 map tho

And
1)creeps get stuck after sometime at the entrances.
2)more items would be gr8.
3)The range heroes are too weak or is it just me?
4)Are we in a desert??? everything is barren...
5)people get stuck on the blocks of the edge of the wall when just climping up a ladder or going down when it breaks.
6)I feel the elite swordsmen regen is too high.
8) The crossbow guys stun spells when used makes all the people in the aoe play their death animations.

Level 1
It's kinda sad that the AI's stay the spawn area for a good minute before teleporting to defend the wall when the King's surrounded area is being attacked.

Level 6
The protective dome healing thing, both that can be cast both using the mage's powerful spell thingo and the item awarded after 150 kills, heal the enemy units as well as your allies, and does not stun or damage the enemy units as it says it should.
Had a problem getting to the group of warlocks on the south-eastern part of the map as a massive, laggy block of crossbow-orcs were all stuck there and tore my hero apart in less than second.

Also I realised that the Pitlord won't attack until the orc general and warlocks channeling the spell to summon a demon are dead, yet when you run down there it tells you to not attack orc settlements. But there seemed no other way to get the pitlord to attack :spell_breaker:

Level 2
Also I realised that the Pitlord won't attack until the orc general and warlocks channeling the spell to summon a demon are dead, yet when you run down there it tells you to not attack orc settlements. But there seemed no other way to get the pitlord to attack :spell_breaker:
I used artillery bombardment to attack them, since the game so kindly gives you vision of the ritual. :thumbs_up:

Level 6
Originally Posted by Renegade Paladin
I used artillery bombardment to attack them, since the game so kindly gives you vision of the ritual.

Well yes, but thats under the circumstances that the artillery commander is still alive. While I did not lose him, it is possible to. I found him running into combat after orcs got close enough to his wall and began firing at him. But nevertheless, in future games if you're to lose him before those warlocks spawn then attacking their settlement is quite challenging. Me and a friend had to make multiple attempts before we could destroy the defenses and make it past the oncoming hordes who's path we'd get in at the wrong time. :ned:

Last edited:
Level 3
My Ratings Value:
5/5 for Perfect
4/5 for Really Good
3/5 for Good
2/5 for Fair
1/5 for Bad
0/5 for Horrible
For Overall Rating:
15 - 20 for Perfect
10 - 15 for Really Good
05 - 10 for Bad
00 - 05 for Horrble
Story:-
Quests:-
Combat:3/5
Sounds/effects/skills:4/5
Terrain:3/5,
Gameplay/Fun factor 4/5
Overall:14/20
Heres my vote and i agree with kael posts you need to improve terain

Level 3
I like your map but the demon are pratically impossible to kill getting invulnerable and summoning demons when i restart to attack he have full life. But the map is very good.

Edit: I try to create a catapult and in three times the catapult stay with 43 of life and cannot to continue building.

He is, in fact, quite right. I love your map, amzing job and defintely one of the best maps of the kind I have ever played. There are a few things that do need to get improved:

1- Where do you read the requirements for beating the map? It'd be useful to make an entry stating clearly what you need to do and in what order. I assume it should be the following: A) kill the general and destroy the village, B) kill the summoners, C) kill the Pitlord

2- Speaking of the Pitlord, it's way too strong and almost permanently invulnerable. You may consider adding either in-game tips, or extend the invulnerability cooldown.

3- A few improvements on the ai could make the map perfect. AI Heros don't retreat when the first lines are overrun and they keep getting killed in the same spot.

4- It'd be GREAT to have the ai to take over heroes from leavers instead of giving control to the team.

This said, it's thumbs up for me :thumbs_up:

Keep up the good work!

Level 2
I just loved this map, it's so fun! Well, of couse it has some problems... I think that the heroes are not powerful enough to fight the horde of enemies, I think there should be more powers and mana end smaller cooldowns... AI is very good but sometimes the go to stupid places while gate is being attacked, maybe you could make a way to call allies. Also i'ts so boring using trebuchets, they should be automatic or heroes should be powerfull enough to go there and kill them... But this are only suggestions the map is almost perfect...
The number of enemies, the good triggers, the story, the models, everything is so good...

In my opinion i'ts a 4,99 map...

Hey tranquil I'm a fan of your maps and models, you're awsome!

If someone can help me I have a question... I tried to play this on LAN but it says "map file is too big". Is there any way to fix this? Thanks

And finally, Sorry for bad english, but i'm brazilian...

Level 2
Just played newest version with a friend of mine.
While fun, I found some bugs/things to improve:

Bugs:
- 2 "Rebuild Trebuchets" Runes spawned at the same spot, so for a while we had 2 trebuchets on top of each other.
- There were lots of scenes with people talking, but no sound was heard. Super annoying, and was hard to figure out what to do.
- If an enemy hero died on a ladder, sometimes his item would either not drop or would be unreachable.
- I had a full inventory when I reached 150(?) kills, and did not get the item. You can fix this by having the item spawn at the feet of the hero instead of trying to put into the inventory.
- The Final Boss (Pit Lord) got stuck (he went there and just sat) in the red area and we had to pull him manually into our troops. (see attachment)

Annoying things:
- At the beginning, we kept getting locked between our allied units and the ladders. We could walk down the ladders and get owned, but were unable to get back up to safety. My friend was playing a melee champion and he had no fun until the front gate fell.
- Being unable to hotkey the Trebuchets or the Artillery Commander was a huge pain.
- The destroyers/enemy catapult things blended in with the background. Pinged them before they had gotten to their position to attack didn't help.
- The item system was mediocre at best.

Gameplay Considerations:
- Give control of white to all players. This would allow hotkeying, and would prevent heros getting blocked in. This would also allow people who want to create a better defense do so by rearranging the units. Perhaps weaken white overall if you do this.
- Buying units is too strong. Compared to building catapults or the items, just buying knights/priests/archers is so much better it's crazy.
- Remove the cap on buying tomes. This way, people who want to work on their hero can do so after 6 items.
- Early on, heros are just much too weak. Me and my friend sat at 0-5 kills for much too long.
- Many heros abilities to not flow well together. They felt weird to play.

Overall:
I love defense maps. This map is the best defense map I've ever found, but the things mentioned above almost negate how awesome this map is.
I can fix the things above if you want, just PM me an unprotected version.

By the way, the ladders/siege towers are incredible. Really well done!

Attachments

• Stuck.jpg
    Stuck.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 150
Level 14
doesnt uthragon come from the king arthur story?,you know king uther pendragon

Level 14
Xian, I must admit, even in the OFFICIAL CAMPAIGN we have a hero named Uther the Lightbringer (if I recall his callsign correctly) so that's it for you :)

yeah i know,but blizzard got the name idea from that story i think

Level 1
It's very nice defense map. I like playing it. But melee str heroes doesn't get mana on attacks. At ~10 lvl they have still 0 mana. After use a mana pot, mana fall to 0 point. It's very difficult to play strength heroes.

Level 3
lol when downloading version 2 it says i'm downloading 1.2

maybe thats because the Editor Scenario saving was with a certain name and on map name was diferent, i've got a lot of maps like this before. When downloading it says the true name, but when u play the name is diferent.

Anyway, i have played Fortress Siege many times, the bad points were jsut your updates, like Ram now is atackable:thumbs_up: and before wasn't:thumbs_down:, and that, that sucked!:ogre_rage:
New heroes can only be commented after playing and New hero could have something about him on the Discription. You should use BB codes to improve it even more :thumbs_up:

I have played before and was awesome, thinking about these updates, the game looks just... just... :goblin_boom:EPIC!!!:goblin_boom:

Great Work! :grin:

Level 9
"- I had a full inventory when I reached 150(?) kills, and did not get the item. You can fix this by having the item spawn at the feet of the hero instead of trying to put into the inventory."

yes right

and i didn't understand, the game last forever the orcs sent units to the king with generals lvl 21 but it never stopped

EDIT : i found during the two games the ubber items on the north east, so maybe when u get 150 kills u gain one of them so if u got em all, u gain nothing

the shadow demon went to ragnarosh after being summoned, why didn't he attacked ? and he didn't send back the arrows of my hero. Rgnarosh was imba alone with the guards. Sometimes trebuchet doesn't answer the orders. If u don't kill the demolisher then the game is stuck till u kill it. Beware u can teleport balista lol. The computer hero AI is not very good, at the end they still keep dying alone. The king always goes out the church whereas all his guards stay in, they're useless.

Last edited:
Level 20
Map Score Description

Review Description:
Map Description:
-Tells the map description, whether it is good or not. If it lacking with some screenshots or videos, features and many other things that describes the map description.
-Total of 15/15 points
Originality:
-Describes if the map is Original and not taken by other authors or players. If it is taken from the other map maker, be sure that you have the permission to upload the map from the author.
-Total of 10/10 points
Gameplay:
-Tells the gameplay of the map, whether it is smooth to play and not buggy, or rough to play and too many bugs to found. If there is many bugs, the map maker must fix it in order to make the map approve.
-Total of 15/15 points
Terrain:
-Tells the terrain of the map, if it is not flat nor there a no doodads in the wrong places, or if it is flat and the doodads are in the wrong places. If it is flat and the doodads are all in the wrong places, the map maker must re-work with the terrain and make it not flat, or too ugly when the players look about it.
-Total of 15/15 points
Storyline:
-Describes how the story starts and when it ends, the storyline must not be too short or need to end without any reason. If there are no Storyline given in the map, the points will be perfect 20.
-Total of 20/20 points
Custom Abilities, Units, Items, Doodads:
-Tells if there are any custom abilities or spells, if there are, then it should be base on GUI or Triggers not on the Object Editor. Custom Units are the most important role in Map Making, every map maker must have Custom Units in order to Approve his/her map, if the map base on Melee Game, then the score will be perfect 25. The Custom Items, The most enjoyable extra abilities that the hero can carried, every Custom Maps (Not Melee Maps) must have Custom Items in order to polish his/her game. Custom Doodads, basically, the Custom Doodads is useful when polishing your game and in creating extra doodads in your map. Custom Doodads as well is okay if you don't have this in your map. If your map is an Melee Game Type, then the score of it should be perfect 25.
-Total of 25/25 points

Score System
1 - 10 Your map is very bad Rejected, No Rep
11 - 20 Fix your map, it is bad Rejected, No Rep
21 - 30 Not bad at all Approve, No rep
31 - 50 Good map Approve, + Rep
51 - 70 No bug and smooth game Approve, + Rep
71 - 90 Highly Recommended, Free at Bugs, Smooth Gameplay, The Terrain is not flat and the Grammar and the Spelling has no Type Errors. Approve, + Rep
91 - 100 Director's Cut, Super Free at Bugs, This map is the best map I ever seen in Warcraft! Approve, + Rep

-15 + 10 + 15 + 15 + 20 + 25 = 100

UndeadImmortal's Review
UndeadImmortal's Defence of Uthragon 1.2a Map Review:

Map Description:
-Colorized it to make it more colorful and beautiful, also make the Changelog Hidden.
-Total of 10/15 points
Originality:
-A Defense and Survival Map Type, not original at all, but good work on it! :D.
-Total of 9/10 points
Gameplay:
-Really good! The heroes makes all the fun! A good and balanced map, but there was a bug when I am using the secret hero, and fly over the top-right of the map's terrain, I found many treasures (About 4 of them) and I equip it with my hero and my hero makes stronger :D... However, you should fix that thing, I know it is the prize when you kill more than 100 of the enemies :D.
-Total of 11/15 points
Terrain:
-The terrain looks nice but you should add more doodads into it :D.
-Total of 12/15 points
Storyline:
-There was no storyline given, perfect 20.
-Total of 20/20 points
Custom Abilities, Units, Items, Doodads:
-Custom Heroes, and Custom Secret Heroes that can be found in the map. Many Custom Units and also Items (Not so many of them). The Doodads are great in that way but you should increase some of them.
-Total of 23/25 points

Score System
-10 + 9 + 11 + 12 + 20 + 23 =
(Hover your mouse over the black area to show your score)

71 - 90 Highly Recommended, Free at Bugs, Smooth Gameplay, The Terrain is not flat and the Grammar and the Spelling has no Type Errors. Approve, + Rep

That's all :D

Level 2
#I agree with UndeadImmortal, except for the bugs: The "Plague" ability of the second secret hero doesn't slow the enemy. Perhaps you missed Editing other levels out of a hurry.
#My personal opinions:
-It's look like that there is a minor bug: When the Player "King's Force" ran out of money, his Engineers and Militia stopped repairing.
-Oh and this too: sometimes the siege ram stops and never move again @@.
-The idea of the second secret hero is great, I was nearly jumped out when I see the Secret code. But I think it's abilities should be more "unique", hopefully you will develop this feature.
-Before I found this map of yours, I have been dreaming of a "Medieval Castle siege, the battle between good and evil, including the Wyrm havoc", "Medieval romance" and "Knighthood". Suddenly, your the Fortress Siege appeared in the search panel one day, and it is beyond my imagine. Great job bro. Thanks for the map.
#Hey and I have a question: do you know The Siege of Snowbook Haven in Dungeon Siege II? It's way of similar to this map somehow.

Sorry for my bad English.

Level 4
I think our game of this bugged when one of our allies left. The timer disappeared and was replaced with "Team Resources." We spent about half an hour defending waves before we realized nothing was going to happen...

Level 13
I tried this with some mates..
And I found no way to close the portal behind the wall.
Plus heroes seem to be really useless, at least at the beginning, which makes it pretty boring. (I know you can control the other units too, but still you just have to wait for units to arrive, kill them, and wait again... zzz)

The spells (though nothing special), systems (ladders etc) events and such are nice, so I still gave it 3/5.

Suggestions:
- Make heroes stronger (more damage, not more hit points)
- Reduce number of friendly NPC units and let enemies attack at 1 or 2 points only at the same time so you can hold them off with the heroes as a team

(If you want me to change the rating due to updates you might have to PM me as I might delete the subscription later)

Level 2
I tried this with some mates..
And I found no way to close the portal behind the wall.

The game gives you a hint that the portals may only affected by magic attacks. Area effect spells and magic attack based some unit will do with proper protection while standing next to it.