1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Right Of Defence v2.5

Submitted by xDChiiz
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
This map is my version of Hero Siege and DotA both together.

You can level up and push Towers together with waves Bosses trying to bring down your Castle and u have to defend it while getting your spells up with the farm that you need to get good items.

Leave suggestions at my hiveworkshop page!

My version of DotA and Hero Siege!
Leave suggestions at my hiveworkshop page!

New updates in this version:
-Improved Goblin Warlord spells
-Remade old spells
-Improved terrain
-Added neutral camps

Next version:
-New boss spells
-Improve gameplay

Help me to test the map and post in comments on what it needs to be included in the game to make it better, thanks!

Some Screenshots:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80T1NV6PzRQ

Keywords:
DotA, Hero Siege, Survival, Defense
Contents

Right Of Defence v2.5 (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael [img] Date: 2012/Oct/31 13:40:36 [Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact] [img] Reasons: Memory Leaks are not destroyed: Leaks tutorial Inefficient Triggers: Triggering Tutorials [Optional] Missing Custom Preview...
  1. Vengeancekael [​IMG]
    Date: 2012/Oct/31 13:40:36
    [Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact] [​IMG]

Reasons:

Memory Leaks are not destroyed: Leaks tutorial
    Inefficient Triggers: Triggering Tutorials
    [Optional] Missing Custom Preview Image: To add a preview image, resize the image to 256x256 or 128x128 using gimp and save it as .tga. Import the image and change its path to 'war3mapPreview.tga'.

Comment:

Not Rated
    [tr]

[​IMG] Rules[/tr]

2. aarcaa

aarcaa

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Description is not enough,and add screenshots please.

3. kingston45

kingston45

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah,screenshots are importants.If you don't want to put some screenshots,you can put a video.

Problems that maybe face a map creator:
    -Lazy to make a long description.
    -Use other people map and make it his/her map.

And then,moderators will comment:
    "Please improve the description, get inspired by the description of other approved maps. You're not telling us much about the map's content, gameplay, originality, etc."

4. meatfactory

meatfactory

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Yes indeed the description could be pimped a bit with some bb codes. As for the gameplay I think it's more of an AOS type map rather than a Defense. Terrain is simple, Custom items and abilities are made only from standard ones (no advanced functions), there are no custom models. Nothing much about this map but with some work it can be more enjoyable. Also try to avoid the "triggering unit" function instead use for Enters Region event - entering unit, Dying unit for event - unit dies ... and so on. 2/5

5. xDChiiz

xDChiiz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Okay i added some use of BB codes such as a new video and some text colourings. I also improved map details with better terrain and doodas to help it. I tried to improve on description but could not think of much more. Keep on correcting my problems and helping me make better maps thanks!

6. xDChiiz

xDChiiz

Resources:
    Resources:
    In v2.3 i learned how to use spell triggers and now tried to use some dota spells to try out.

7. bhusta

bhusta

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I can't see the video, you have to change the privacy settings.

Right Of Defence v2.4

First of all, you shouldn't refer too much to DotA.
    There are better sources for spells like 1 | 2 | 3 and this Tutorial.

You can use this link to improve your description.

The Terrain is also poor. This could help you.

I played the Goblin Warlord
    • He has three passive abilities what makes him boring to play and the abilities don't fit together.
    • It is good that one can use the spells with Q W E R.
    • The Tooltips are okay but you should improve them too,
      because they really don't tell you how a spell works. link
    In my opinion the map is too hard for one player at the moment.

Good luck with improving your map ;)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  8. Radicool

Radicool

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Why on earth is the map rejected because its missing a custom preview image (I understand its mentioned
    as "other", but it shouldn't be mentioned at all...) Since when was a preview image a requirement to a successful
    map? Stupid.

Anywho:

• The game seems to start a little fast. I just picked my hero and massive orc units are already attacking. Pherhaps
      let the small attackers start, then send in bosses a couple of minutes later. The game should start a little easier,
      then progress in difficulty.

• Although the terrain is interesting, it seems a little messy and odd. I think there are a little too many shrub on
      the fields.