• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Coconut Party v2.5

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.

header.jpg

description.jpg
Coconut Party is a quadruple threat pong based mini game. You gotta control one of Warcraft 3 workers and help them to win set of games which takes place on an isolated island. Coconut Party is a Warcraft 3 map which focuses to bring intense mini-gaming experience. It has various game modes and multi-leveled AI system along with other fancy features. The map is seriously fun, and can be quite competitive, either you play it online or offline.
Further details and explanations about the gameplay will be explained below.

gameplay.jpg
Firstly you have to select to play as Peasant (red, south), Peon (blue, west), Acolyte (cyan, north), or Runner (purple, east). Player with lowest number will be the game host. The host has the authority to configure matches' options and AI skill level. The host can discuss about the next match in the Chat Mode (press 'esc" to exit the mode). If you are not the host, you have to wait for him to set things up. To begin the match, press "Game On" and the match will soon start within seconds.

Different game modes have different set of rules, which can be read in the Read Me (F9). In Classic Mode, the main objective is to collect as much points as possible by shooting coconuts at enemies' goal posts. Every goal made using different type of coconuts will give different portion of points. If you blow a poisoned coconut (green) you will be penalized.

In the Elimination Mode, your main goal is to retain your Life Point (LP) and survive as long as possible and to be the last one to stand. Final score will be determined by your ranking. If you are the winner, you will get 15 points bonus plus your remaining LP. Unlike tho other modes, this mode kinda requires you to be very discipline on defending your base or you will lose.

In the Gorilla Fight mode, your main objective is to defeat the spawned gorilla by shooting coconuts at it. The harder your shoot the more damage you will give. But if a coconut enters anyone's goal post, the damage will be shared to all players. So make sure you have a good team. Final score will be determined by assist count, damage given, damage taken, and remaining LP. If you are the last hitter, you will be rewarded by free 5 points. If your team is out of LP, you will lose the match and don't get any bonus.

feature.jpg
1. Multilevel AI System
The AI system allows you to play the map in offline mode, and may help in online mode as well. It has various skill levels from Novice to Elite. Every level is heavily adjusted to the level name. Here are the details of every AI skill level:
• Novice
Novice AI is made for first timers who's not knowing anything about the game. It's made for you to learn things like the control and other features for the first time. But it can be very boring after some times due to its poor performance. If you are fast learner, playing with Intermediate AI can be much better.
• Intermediate
Intermediate AI has a little bit lower skill level compared to intermediate players. If you have learned the basic control you can play with this level to improve your own skill and to get more used to the gameplay.
• Expert
Expert AI is much more challenging than Intermediate AI. It's made for skilled and competent players. It has quick reflex and always make the best decision possible. It can surely give you some trembles if you are not prepared. But there are some tips and tricks in my youtube channel to beat this AI level. But still it won't be so easy.
• Elite
Elite AI is basically Expert AI with quicker reflex, making my tips a little helpless. You have to be very confident in your skill in order to beat this level. You need to train on your reflex and your decision making ability must be near perfect. Your luck can help a little but skill is the main weapon here.
Neverthless, the AI difficulty has been dramatically reduced from version to version so it's still very possible to beat every AI level. The AI system has the potential to be invincible. Yet I have to hide its true power because of the unfixable control delay issue. But if you are so curious about how good it can be, you can type "ai" "too" "easy" keywords in game to unlock "Legend" AI skill level. Just a warning tho, they are animal lovers.
2. Multiple Game Modes
3. Intense Minigaming Atmosphere
4. Spectating System
5. Message Box

top.jpg

bot.jpg

video.jpg

team.jpg

Project Director
Voice Actor
Modeler
Texture Designer
SFX Maker
: Quilnez
: DivineArms
: HerrDave
: ~Nightmare
: NightStalker06698
credits.jpg

ModelsScriptsTexturesSoundsMiscs
Aeroblyctos
supertoinkz
wingednosering
Buster
Sin'dorei300
Kitabatake
JetFangInferno
Sweet Oblivion
Bribe
BPower
TriggerHappy
Vexorian
PurgeandFire
Garfield1337
Nestharus
IcemanBo

Sartwo
GhostTruster
google.com

pond5.com
freesfx.co.uk
youtube.com

Belgarath
Ender
Dysfunctional

(Click the image)

Notes:
• The control delay may causes things to be harder than how it's supposed to be. And it becomes even worse in multiplayer mode (LAN and online). And unfortunately, the issue is currently unfixable. So it's highly recommended to play this map in Single Player mode since everything has been adapted with this issue. But it has an alternative control to help the delay issue when you are playing online, by using keyboard keys to move around. The detail is available in the Read Me.
• Set Texture Quality in the Video Setting to high to avoid crash when loading the game.
Contents

Coconut Party v2.5 (Map)

Reviews
[2016-04-09] Rufus ReviewMap ScoreGameplay:27 / 30Aesthetics:21 / 20Total:48 / 50 Rating Chart 45-505/5 Highly Recommended35-444/5 Recommended25-343/5 Useful15-242/5 Lacking0-141/5 Unacceptable Gameplay Good that you added the note about...

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
Now hold on a second. I never added something abnormal neither extraordinary to the map. It uses Jass scripts, models uploaded on Hive, and some texture edits, nothing more. That's said, now how can I fix the problem if can't re-produce it myself? How am I supposed to find the source of problem if so? I can't just simply random guessing hoping to stumble upon the source problem.

Level 21
Now hold on a second. I never added something abnormal neither extraordinary to the map. It uses Jass scripts, models uploaded on Hive, and some texture edits, nothing more. That's said, now how can I fix the problem if can't re-produce it myself? How am I supposed to find the source of problem if so? I can't just simply random guessing hoping to stumble upon the source problem.

As I have knowledge on JASS, coding and that stuff, I really have no idea as well. Try asking the community, some kind of code genius might sort this out for you :)
Track your updates as well, I suspect everything went wrong after a specific update. Maybe try to restore your map to an earlier version? Other than that, a
I can't help you more.

Kazeon

Level 33
Just thinking that the problem is on the coding part simply proves your shallow knowledge in coding stuff. I think I need to repeat myself once more, if the problem is indeed there, then the crash should occurs to every one.

I forgot to mention that I played this map on ENT several times. And all of them players, every single one, actually got through the loading scene and actually played the game with me. With all of these proofs, I don't know how can you still be so sure that the fault is on the map? You barely explain why you think so.

EDIT:
Ugh.. Just never mind.. You keep running around and avoiding my question by making irrelevant statements. Just answer my question, can you prove your statement that the problem is on the map? What makes you think so? Prove it. I'm sick of your silly statements. So if you can't, just get lost.

I also need to see your discussion with Ralle. I'm suspicious that it was merely a one-sided decision. I'm pretty sure Ralle didn't test the map himself. And just by knowing the three of you can't play the map, without knowing the fact that 90% of people who gave me feedbacks can actually play the map, and the fact that the map has been tested in multiple OS. So he agreed.

Last edited:
That's usually a resolution and game settings problem, try to use the best configurations available (max resolution, highest detail, etc.)
@Rufus, ShadowFury: Have you tried this?

I tried a lot of stuff, and I only could reproduce this bug when changing texture quality to:

1. Low -> WC3 hangs, and nothing will load
2. Middle -> Crash while loading, like you explained.

... With having texture quality on High, I was not able to produce any crash while loading.

Kazeon

Level 33

I tried a lot of stuff, and I only could reproduce this bug when changing texture quality to:

... With having texture quality on High, I was not able to produce any crash while loading.

I see. Now I can re-produce the crash my self. I already told them to do so tho (without knowing why):
That's usually a resolution and game settings problem, try to use the best configurations available (max resolution, highest detail, etc.)
Once, I tested the map on every resolution and various game settings but never produced the error you mentioned. Seems like it only happens on certain OS, graphic card, driver, or something.

Level 21

Yes, you're right. I put everything on High and it didn't crash. Finally!

Ugh.. Just never mind.. You keep running around and avoiding my question by making irrelevant statements. Just answer my question, can you prove your statement that the problem is on the map? What makes you think so? Prove it. I'm sick of your silly statements. So if you can't, just get lost.

You are taking this too personally. As you see, I managed to fix the problem just with one comment of IcemanBo. It wasn't only a resolution problem apparently but also a matter of texture quality.
Next time, keep calm and don't pester mods/reviewers about their decisions and everything will be solved in no time.
Now please mention in the description that texture and animation qualities + model and spell details must be set on high to avoid the crash.
It wasn't so hard to tell us to adopt these changes from the very beginning (you actually talked about resolution only and some game settings without specifying).

Map set back to pending.

Kazeon

Level 33
I told you from the very beginning.

I was mad because of your ridiculous statements. You keep blaming the map without any proof and without knowing anything and still being so self righteous. We are having fine discussion until you came. Next time just try to lower your arrogance and we will be cool.

Level 21
I told you from the very beginning.

I was mad because of your ridiculous statements. You keep blaming the map without any proof and without knowing anything and still being so self righteous. We are having fine discussion until you came. Next time just try to lower your arrogance and we will be cool.

Sorry for seeming arrogant. I only apply rules here, nothing more, nothing less. It was your duty advising people what to do precisely with the settings to let your map work. You cannot blame a reviewer if he sets your map to needs fix in this case.
I hadn't understood what I had to do exactly at the very beginning. The main problem was that you were taking my reply too personally so you went a little mad about it for no reason. But it doesn't matter anymore now, problem solved!

Level 14
Played your map because of your poll, and man the custom sounds and UI changes are just hilarious and impressive! Really looks unique and it is a lot of fun to play against friends. Great job, and this is a solid 5/5 for me! :)

Level 26
profilepic210991_9.gif
Rufus Review
Map Score
Gameplay:27 / 30
Aesthetics:21 / 20
Total:48 / 50

Rating Chart
45-505/5 Highly Recommended
35-444/5 Recommended
25-343/5 Useful
15-242/5 Lacking
0-141/5 Unacceptable

mapdev.gif
Gameplay
Good that you added the note about highest quality being required.

Overall, the game works fine.
I have a few things I'd like to point out though.

The side to side controls wasn't very good. I suggest you store the information about how many times the player has clicked the side button, so it doesn't stop at a specific range each time. Like a queueing system. Alternately, you could use an arrowkey system.
I couldn't find any information about what "Gold Time" is.
The collision on the middle cliff was slightly off. Coconuts bounced off from the middle of nothing or from what seemed to be the standard warcraft cliff pathing map.

Not taken into consideration for the rating:
A little bit unresponsive. This might be because I played on high qualities which is not very good for my computer. I haven't seen anyone else complaing about this though, so it won't impact on the total score.
Personally, I don't think it was very fun, but that might have been because of my sluggish controls.

terrianforum.gif
Aesthetics
I'm stunned...
There are so many extremely nice features. Ground-breaking, really.
To mention a few: The custom UI is perfect. You even managed to hide the clock in a fitting way! You managed to put an actually nice chat box in wc3. I have no idea at all how it works, but you did it. The text message travlleing horizontally over the screen in hd? Whaat? I've never seen something like it. I guess it have to be a flying and turning image model, or perhaps a bunch of HQ fade filters. Anyway, super nice. The scoreboard after the round aswell. Flawless and creative. Needless to say, the description is also looking awesome.

The extra voice acting on the peon aswell, "Ready to win", is a nice touch.

One thing I think you can improve is the dialog settings in the beginning of the game. It works extremely well as it is already, but I think you can find an even fancier solution for this.

Just trying to push you beyond the impossible line that you have already crossed. :)

Some minor issues:
In the top-left "upkeep" field tooltip, the text "gold income rate" is still visible.
Ability tooltips should be displayed in another colour, as they are extremely hard to read as they are now.

triggersandscriptsforum.gif
Bugs
If you shoot a coconut straight in the direction of the small cliff in the middle, and make sure the coconut does not touch the cliff but passes close beside it, it slows down.

updatesandnewsforum.gif
Summary
So many new ideas and amazing executions that it is crazy.
Gameplay is also close to perfect.

There is only one rating I can put on this game...

The only drawback this game have is that it requires a high details in order to be launched at all. This is not fitting for all computers as it make the game sluggish, and causes the players commands to be delayed.

Approved with a rating of 5/5.

Level 8
You know the desert area with kids, doodads, cannons, men and women... (it is halfly terrain, yet even it can be a background)

Level 15
Even though it's just a mini-game, the attention to detail stuns me. Bravo!

A suggestion would be to make different arenas or different types of balls (red fast, blue slow, brown normal - by the look of one of the screens this seems to already be implemented though) or maybe even a spell that allows you to spawn things infront of you. Ex: A box where you are standing to reflect balls, blinding goo on a player (cinematic splat making it harder to see), some sort of slow on the balls or the player.

I haven't tried the map so excuse me if my ideas are terrible. ^^

Level 2
Cool...
But I am encountered some problem over the texture :(

encountered some problem over the texture.png

Already set everything to high
Playing with war3 1.28.0.7205 and intel hd4000

Edit: and using win7:3

Last edited: