• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Defence Of Uthragon 1.43

Defence Of Uthragon 1.43

Fortress Siege reworked map.

Castle defence from invasion.
Choose one of 14 heroes and join the battle.
Use the team work and defend important points to ensure victory.

Differnces from the original Fortress Siege:
Ladders now spawn from the ladderman and can be attacked.
Siege ram can be attacked.
Units can now climb deployed siege towers
Added resurrect runes
Reworked some hero abilities and added new hero: Sage

Version 0.93
changed some unit abilities
changed some events

Version 1.0
Added new unit, the orc rampager
Pyromancer hero has a fire nova ability intead flame strike
Warden hero has reworked punishment ability
Added new abilities to clerics and enemy warlocs

Version 1.01
Melee heroes have an extra ability
Added extra unique award items when hero reaches 150 kills
Added new units
Reworked final battle
Added secret merchant

Version 1.05
Max Heo level is now 30
Changed overall progress to more complex one.
Changed some issues ans abilities

Version 1.06
Added a knock back effect to some active and passive abilities that can
push units over the wall (cliff) but cannot push them up the wall.
More resources granted.

Version 1.07
Added a knock back effect to some active and passive abilities that can
push units over the wall (cliff) but cannot push them up the wall.
More resources granted.
changed abilities for warrior and rogue to more powerfull ones.

Version 1.08
Ranger has new abilities
fixed some issues

Version 1.1
New hero: guardian
Warrior hero changed with different abilities and model

Version 1.15
New Items
Added a option to enable or disable the special and push effects
added trigger which reduce the number of enemy units arround gates.

Version 1.16
Improved computer hero ai
fixed crossbowman spawn near the summoning warlocks
fixed the dome ability and some other stuff
Artillery Captain is now unmovable
Cleric resurrect spell is now autocast

Version 1.17
fixed some bugs

Version 1.171
fixed Raghnarosh final attack
added shared unit control except the king general and archmage
other minor things

Version 1.18
added new secret hero
changed some abilities

Version 1.2
removed the warden hero and repleaced with assassin hero with new abilities
changed abilities:
Rogue binding knife repleaced with spike trap
Guardian restrain repleaced with disarm
Sage earthquake repleaced with petrify
Snapshoter field of disruption repleaced with barrage, and stunning shotd with smoke burst
Each hero has now additional lesser ability
Balanced some hero stats

Version 1.2a
Added new hero - Berserker
Changed Assassin and Rogue abilities
Removed aura effects (blue circle) from all unit abilities but not from hero abilities
Paladin Holy Light ability fixed
Removed Burning Oil ability from trebuchets
Fixed Warrior heroes mana regeneration

Version 1.3
Changed event
Removed demon quest
Added Warlock event
Game will no longer have no ending
Sage hero renamed to Geomancer
Added new hero called Sage (Dwarf with rune abilities)
Changed some models and abilities

Version 1.31
Reduced hitpoints of the portals
Ragharosh now attack walls and doesn't stop

Version 1.32
Orc Warlock is now more challenging
Taskmaster hero renamed to thane
Sorceress frost strike ability changed to frost attack which
adds a slow effect instead of freezing
Sorceress frost nova slow effect changed to freezing effect
Wizard lightning nova now adds a slow effect
Geomancer petrify ability is targeted as an area

Version 1.4
Redesigned unit and spell models
Tweaked some ability values
Warrior mighty rage ability changed to demoralizing shout
Paladin resurrection ability replaced with righteous wrath
Guardian force crush ability replaced with guardian standard
Rogue severe ability replaced with blade swarm
Rogue spurious image ability replaced with mayhem
Pyromancer fire shield ability replaced with summon fire elemental

Version 1.41a
Added triggers that deals with stuck units on the walls
Replaced several models with low size ones also reducing the overall map size.
Fixed priest smite ability which now deals far less damage.

Version 1.42
Removed weather and fog effects for better performance
Changed some unit abilities
Removed the 30 seconds time limit for difficulty change so
players can now change in the middle of the game.

Version 1.43
Added additional levels to hero abilities (6 or 7 instead of 3 or 4)
Heroes now earn ability point each level instead each two levels
Removed insufficient auras from the units
Reduced portal health
Enemy units will no longer invade the hero starting point

Here are some screenshots:

142893-albums2406-picture19269.jpg

142893-albums2406-picture19270.jpg

142893-albums2406-picture19272.jpg

142893-albums2406-picture19271.jpg

this map is protected.

Keywords:
Siege, hero, defence, fortress, castle, battle, invasion, keep, war.
Contents

Defence Of Uthragon 1.43 (Map)

Reviews
18:24, 16th Nov 2009 ap0calypse: Approved Re-reviewing with rating Date: 2011/Oct/01 18:10:55 Vengeancekael: VM // PM: Status: Approved Rating: 4/5 Recommended Rep Received: 0Reasons: Other: If you have any complaints or questions directed...

M

18:24, 16th Nov 2009
ap0calypse: Approved
Re-reviewing with rating
hive_bigger.png

Date: 2011/Oct/01 18:10:55
Vengeancekael: VM // PM:
Rating: 4/5 Recommended
Rep Received: 0
Reasons:
Other:
If you have any complaints or questions directed towards a moderator, make a thread here: Map Resource Moderation
If you think the moderator's judging is unfair or you have overall complaints, make a thread here: Admin Contact

Comment: Items:

There are no custom items in the game, yet the powerful items which are dropped b the "badass" units are really helpful. Some custom items would make it better.

Heroes:

There are several heroes to choose from and even new ones with updates. They have custom abilities, but some of them are the same melee ones but with a few changes. Yet you didn't make the spells imba, which actually is a lot of fun.

Gameplay:

The Gameplay is the most important part in any map and this map just earns the title "A fun map", the custom events, the heroes, the item drops, the trebuchets, the enemy boss attacks just make the map a lot of fun. And it is really addictive. There is a replay-value because when you finish the map, then you will get a secret code which will unlock a new hero which is a lot of fun to play with. I don't have any negative points here.

Environment:

I don't think you used any custom doodads, yet the castle looks very nice even without those and the battlefield is just gigantic.
The terrain isn't flat, the castle is well filled up but not too much and there's a lot of variety in the castle as well.

Bugs:

There are several bugs which i think are hard to fix, for example sometimes units get stuck on the wall and some units are just standing there. But there are no major bugs and almost no fatal errors except one random fatal error sometimes occuring in the end.

Overall:

This is actually the best castle defense map and probably one of the best maps i have played, and with the second review my rating will be changed to 4/5. You can clearly see that Tranquil has put a lot of effort into this.

Suggestions/bugs:
1.You can't use stone skin on yourself.
2.Change the enemy's team color, you can't see them so well in the minimap.
3.The trebuchet deals damage to allied units too.
4.Make more interesting triggered spells.
5.Add custom items.
6.Add commands, that let you open the gates.
7.Earthquake deals damage to allied units too.
8.Battering Rams die too fast.
Good luck:D, i had fun playing the map

Last edited:
Level 6
1. we had a server split while the endboss spawned.
2. the orcs didnt try to attack the king after everything was down. they just gathered at the player teleporters.
3. i had the druid and he is ok for supporting but his attack spells are just crap and do nearly zero damage

thats what i found so far

Level 16
lol i like this

EDIT: Some times the heroes can get stuck between the walls, when they are on the ladder and the ladder breaks they tend to get stuck

Also it'd be nice if you raise the level cap to around 30?

EDIT2: I found there was some spelling mistakes, when you spelt champion you spelt it like this "chanpion"

lol u mean spelled and tranquil, maybe you could put some screenshots in your description, so other people know how it looks like.
I will give a review soon.
Edit:DONE
My Review:(In my Opinion)

My Ratings Value:
5/5 for Perfect
4/5 for Really Good
3/5 for Good
2/5 for Fair
1/5 for Bad
0/5 for Horrible
For Overall Rating:
15 - 20 for Perfect
10 - 15 for Really Good
05 - 10 for Bad
00 - 05 for Horrble

Story:-
Quests:-
Combat:4/5, the combat is alot of fun and the best part is, that there are ai teammates.And you can also change the difficulty.
Sounds/effects/skills:4/5,the sounds fit well and there are also triggered spells.And your models are just terrific!Good job:D
Terrain:3/5, its just a basic terrain, you could still do more on it.
Gameplay/Fun factor4/5, it also has special events, that are sometimes challenging.
Overall:15/20,
it is a fun and maybe hard map, but you could still improve the terrain and add more special events.And i especially love the new features, that lets you control the trebuchets.And i forgot to say, that the status leaderboard is just amazing.Vote for approval!Good luck:thumbs_up:
I would recommend anyone to play it, its really addictive(i just played it 3 times in a row and going to play it again:D^^)
Below are some ingame pics.*Warning:May contain spoilers*

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    411.3 KB · Views: 2,642
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    433.8 KB · Views: 2,322
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    374.5 KB · Views: 1,932
Last edited:
Level 4
thanks for the screenshots, i havent heard of castle defences before and wasnt exactly impressed - but because of the screenshots ill host it now :)

thanks

Level 4
Nice map this version is better with the half map as a fortress and the other for the attackers, the first one was a bit of annoying to run to the upper left corner to pick an item.Also for some strange reasons (u may wanted it this way) u can't see what ur allied heroes are carrying in their inventory.

Level 2
Well its pretty much like the previous castle defence map but much more improved.i really like ur map 4/5.keep the good thing up. : )

Level 3
Tanquil when the pit lord reaches the throne room and the map gets smaller, suddently the game crashed, and it happened 3 more times, you really need to fix that big bug, Max lvl 20 would be cool, and some triggered abilities too ^.^

Level 2
i Played the map it doesnt crash,but the pit lord is way too powerful to defeat his stun ability is annoying and humans are so weak he kill them in no time.Also Ai heroes need to be improved ,in middle of game they simply stand until someone attacks them and in that time u have to control all castle alone.Max lv 20 is good idea also if u can increase unit limit from 10 to 30 or more it ll be very great.

Gratz on approval :)
Edit: Alright i'm testing version 1.01 now and i will keep editing this post with suggestions:
1.Fire shield hotkey doesn't work
2.Change the "ladders" name to "ladder", cuz it's just one ladder XD
3.In the leaderboard, it says that the "artillery" is ready, but how can i use it?
4.Why doesn't the siege blast no longer stun the target?
5.Maybe add a hotkey for the siege blast.
6.You wrote "The siege ram is comming.....", it's "The siege ram is coming"
7.It's actually "Regeneration" not "Regaination"
8."...has acquired powerfull item" it's "a powerful item".
9.I didn't get an item when i reached 150 kills, maybe it's because my inventory was full.
10."overruned" it's "overrun"
11."Let's give them what they deserves" it's "Let's give them what they deserve"
12.Forked Lightning hotkey doesn't work.

Well that's it, i liked the new units:)

Last edited:
Level 9
You could create a fortress siege that instead you defend the fortress,you siege it.Could be for example: The same heroes and the same soldiers from "Fortress Siege" attacking a fotress.

EDIT:Forgot to mention: Very good map =D
10/10

Level 4
YEAH! Another Castle Defence Map !!Hope it is as great as the previous one you made Tranquil because il really loved the other one,now i gonna try this one :)
I love Castle Defence type maps ,but yours are the best i ever played.

---------------------
I got a problem with the map,it don't show up when i try to play it on Custom Game or on LAN.Maybe because i don't have the same version as you used to make the map ?In which version did you work?

Last edited:
Level 4
It probably doesn't matter TD, just re download the game, and this time shorten the name you save it under. Happens to me all teh time.

Now, on this map, i'm playing it, and i'm sure i'm going to love it... because Tranquil made it.

Level 3
hi i just tested ur map yesterday AND has i always find bugs on maps(i have that bad luck :p) Founded 1 specially when u kill the leader of the orcs (reaver not the fat and big demon) and the demon appears he starts summon an demon AND it says go kill summoners and prevent demon from appear i was using the secret hero and used the impale like style (cleansing fire) 2 of them wented invulnerable thats all my friend^^ oh btw 2 suggestion make the game to be more quick whit events (like dunno 5 mins left wouldnt kill) ppl tend to get bored after some time killing orcs again and again k second suggestion ADD an armor like hero and i dont mean another tank i mean the modelskin like the captain model u are using would be pretty cool has an hero u know? or dunno just add one PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ (again i dont mean an TANK hero) just one that uses an cool armor helm etc. (again PLZZZZZZZZZ) thats all 10/5 rating :)

Level 15
I really love 2 play this map full house.Strategy and good battle on 1 place.Sage rulz!!!
EDIT:Where can i find Angel?

Last edited:
You can get the angel hero when you finish the game once, then in the end it will give you a code which you can use the next time to get the angel.
Edit: I must say, you really add epic things with each update:D Keep up the good work.
Also, change the loading screen text to "Defend the castle from a large fel orc invasion"

Last edited:
Level 3
i know how to get the imba hero but i rly want an knight style hero.....the warrior uses arthas whit frostmourme model and skin so it sucks....can u at least put another skin? like dunno lich king skin/model? dunno just saying plz :D? btw u should change rogue model for other model like that cool model eh...i think u geted me anyway thats all :D

Level 15
I think u need 2 change models of druid,warden and rouge.They are night elves and in this map we have only fel orcs, demons, humans, high (blood) elves and dwarfs!

Level 4
Hi,komšija.
Oh and I can't see when the king or someone else is talking,hope there will be more in next version 5/5.
Edit: I just realised that I need to turn on the subbtitels.

Last edited:
Level 1
Founded a lot of bugs like
if u used horn of victory paladin hero blocked ??? why?
ranger can eassy go through the trees and take the 4 powerfull items
warrior used rend on summoner (demon's summoners) and he had invicibility and cant kill him
it's all i founded maybe i will find more

Level 2
I like your map but the demon are pratically impossible to kill getting invulnerable and summoning demons when i restart to attack he have full life. But the map is very good.

Edit: I try to create a catapult and in three times the catapult stay with 43 of life and cannot to continue building.

Last edited:
Tranquil, I like your maps but theres something that makes this one almost unbearable..
There are so many units on the map being issued orders at once that my own hero will wait almost 20 seconds before doing what I issued him to do. I would suggest removing the 200 units in the back of the castle that are just standing around, and deploy them when it is necessary. Have them come out of a barracks when a main gate is breached or something.

Overall it is a good map with awesome gameplay - The delay makes me not want to even play it.

EDIT: Also there is a thing when I teleport to the kings chamber, I am trapped. I didn't intentionally do it, just clicked somewhere random on the minimap. Id make some sort of trigger that if the gate is closed, move any hero unit that approaches the door to the outside. Simple fix, really.