• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

decrease height of unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi, I got mdlvis and modeleditor to edit models and i need to decrease the Z of the unit. I know I can decrease the Z at every animation frame, but I wonder if theres a easier way to do.

Level 7
Why do you need to decrease it every frame?
I wanted to make a system with a hero that can walk in every direction and uses attack moves with different types of weapons while moving. I wanted a hero with like 7 different animations per weapon type. like 5 weapon types. so 5x7 =35 different attack/defend animations. If i need to have every animation while walking in different ways ( i want him to be able to walk left, right, forward, back, forward +left, forward+right, backward+right, backward+left. all those movements while standing, and while crouching, Also a jump animation. So it will be around 17 walking animation. Ofcourse i cant make 17x35 animations for a single hero. So i was thinking of cutting off the heroes leggs and add them as an attachment. So i would have 17 different leggs and 1 upperhalf of the hero with 35+ animations.

I think you could just select every vertex and click on the white hand in mdlvis and in xyz field put -100 or how much you need.

Already tried that, but the animations get messed up. It would only work if i do that for every frame in every animation.

You can use Oinkerwinkle's geoset translation tool for it. It is the easiest way to do what you want to my knowledge.

WORKS! thanks man!

Status
Not open for further replies.