• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Adding swim animation to non-swimming unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi pro's,

i just found Staberfire's Naga sorcerer and really liked this idea. Because the base model, ancient of lore, has no swimming animation, the unit is able to walk over water...

I tried to add a "swim walk" animation via Magos' model editor, but my knowledge about modeling is just too less.

Secondly, i tried to transfer the swim animation from a naga snapdragon to the sorcerer via oinkerwinkle's animtransfer. But after this, the model seems kinda corrupted if i try to use it.

Is there another way to add a swimming animation? It would be enough for me to use the existant walk animation, with a decreased Z value (so that the units walks with half of its body in the water).

Level 3
If ur gonna use the anim transfer, you need to make sure that the models have the same set of bones...

you could edit the model in a 3d modelling prog to add a swim anim yourself... or you could try if your last suggestion is doable on Magos (if you haven't yet)

Ah, the bones were the problem, ok.

I really have not enough knowledge for using 3d programs, so my idea was to just copy the walk animation and then change the z coordinates for the model. Then i would need a way to

1) copy the walk animation
2) change the coordinates

Do you have an idea how to do this?

Level 3
The duping is what i'm trying to do - but Magos' model editor only allows me to remove or create an animation - theres no way to copy an existent animation. How would you do that?

Level 3
It's pretty hard and long to explain. If you want I can do that. I'll need some practice again.^^

I don't want to reduce your joy in this work ;-) , but if you could explain it to me, i would be able to do it by myself in future tasks. Could you do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.