• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

working swim animation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
I use ms3d and my swim animations don't work in-game. I made the following animations:

Stand,1-20
Walk,1-20
Spell,1-20
Stand Swim,31-35
Walk Swim,31-35
Spell Swim,31-35
Morph Swim,45-80
Stand Swim Alternate,90-95
Morph Swim Alternate,105-120
Death,130-145
Death Swim,155-175

For the 1st three there is just a rotating thing, I eased the Spell anim. because my animations were otherwiase messed up and I re-did them for a 6th time .... pff (last time I just did them for 20-30 mins coz sick of that)
Stand Swim is where from the chest down the model goes instantly below the X axis. From that position I created a morph swim&alternate for the Submerge - that works. While he's in the water, amphibious he moves completely on the surface of the water instead of how I wanted it with only the head above the water. Only if the model is standing on an icy floating at the bottom of the water he is like below the water, but that's from the relief, the floating, othewise he's on the surface. Also the Death animations are weird: if he is standing on that floating (at the bottom of the water) and you can see him under the water his death is like the ground death. But if he's on the surface of the water his death swim is as it should be. Ok let's say the death is just casual to be standing on a floating, but the swimming is only on the surface, how can I make it work? What 'activates' walk swim instead of the ground stand/walk?

In case someone uses the model or part of it in public pls credit.

I'm attaching it, so that we don't waste time. Later I'll request particles but I coudn't do the Swim to just go straight to particles.

Last edited:
the tag has nothing to do, they are all correct. Yet your model is static at animations: Spell, Spell Swim, Stand Swim, Stand, Stand Swim Alternate, Walk, Walk Swim. Are you sure that you imported them correctly, because there appears to be some problems with the animation keys. Are you sure that you animated everything correctly? I think you should redo everything from the rigging, maybe the bones are the ones giving you problems, who knows.

Level 22
Well one of the advantages of choosing to recreate a robot and specifically the one w/o legs is it doesn't need making walk animations with moving legs and feet. I also lied to myself that the animations are static but they are NOT. If you scroll down the mouse in-game, well w/o skin it is hard to see, the cone that is instead of legs rotates fast - this is for stand, walk, spell (after the animations messing up with making arm movements I decided to leave spell like walk&stand). You can see the morph swim and morph swim alternate animations if the unit has submerge, also the death swim if you kill it in the water. I checked and the other animations work except for 'swim' that doesn't go.

Oh yeah and why it is static for spell/swim, etc? I purposly did that because if the animation Stand Swim works, the lower part of the body should not be seen so there is no point to create a rotation there.

Other than that, someone can try to animate it to make also 'swim' work. If anyone's interested.

Level 9
Oh, an idea:
I see that some of your animations use the same keyframes.
On one of my models I did that and after my model attacked, it would revert to the unanimated form, and then play through the animations again.
It seemed it was fixed when I copied the keyframes and made the animation its own set.
So I would try that...

What I'm talking about is this:
Stand Swim,31-35
Walk Swim,31-35
Spell Swim,31-35

Status
Not open for further replies.