• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Decrease Damage Taken by VALUE and NOT by Percent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I am trying to make an ability for an item that decreases damage taken by a specific value rather than a percent. Also, if possible, I would like this to have the ability to reduce X to X damage (I.E. 10-15 damage taken reduced/ 20-32 damage taken reduced) rather than one value (10 damage taken reduced).

Thanks

Level 5
it all reminds me of the ability spiked carapace or sth like that. it encreases armor which mainly cause to reduce the taken damage "Physical damage only"
... if your aiming to reduce physical damage .. for me i would say go to the armor thing
but thats only my openion...
sorry if i ddnt exactly help but i gave u what i can

Level 4
The only way I could see you being able to randomize the amount of damage reduced is to use a damage detection trigger, then heal the amount of damage reduced instantly. Most common shield spells utilize this same method.

I'm not certain though how to get the damage reduction to take effect on an amount of damage that would kill the target (since you are healing after the damage occurs).

So probably when a unit acquires the item, create the trigger, or use some sort of damage detection system.

Status
Not open for further replies.