• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Berserker (Overwriting Damage Taken Stat)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
This is a very specific question.

Basically i used the Shift + Enter overwrite on the *Increase % damage taken* stat on the spell Berserker. I set it to -0.05. I thought this would reduce damage taken by 5%, but in fact it makes the hero invulenerable and sometimes heal a small amount. The healing doesnt always happen though and my hero has no lifesteal sources. I was just wondering if anyone knew what exactly happens when you set a negative value to the damage taken stat.
Thank you :)

Level 12
Berserk with negative value makes physical attacks deal 0 damage and spells heal for the percentage of how much less damage you think they should have taken.

-0.05 would mean that they take 0 physical damage and heal for 5% of the damage they were supposed to take instead

If you want to reduce (all) damage that a unit will take by a percentage than there's no ability or combination of abilities that does this, you'd have to use a damage detection system.

Status
Not open for further replies.