• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Question about Berserk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hi

I'm making a custom ability based on Berserk. What I wanted to do was make it so that while Berserk you take 50% reduced damage, so I put -0.50 into the "Damage taken increase" part and now I don't take any damage whilst Berserk.

Level 13
This is only for one spell so I'm not gunna bother getting a DDS. I've noticed that basic attacks do no damage to when Berserk is negative and damaging spells seem to recover hit points too, whether this is changed depending on the percentage is unknown but it's a cool thing I've now learnt! Totally using it as an ultimate!!!

Thanks anyway!!!

Even though a DDS fixes this in two triggers and does it far better then any object editor ability... You could try using Defend or hardened skin or critical strike.

Here's what I suggest, learn a bit more about GUI and use http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...rch=physical%20damage%20detection&d=list&r=20 so you can create much more complex abilities much easier instead of 50% functional workarounds.

Here, I can even show you how to do your original request just for the fun of it.

[trigger=]
Events
Game - damageEventTrigger becomes Equal to 1.00
Conditions
Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
damageType Equal to PHYSICAL
Then - Actions
-------- Actions for PHYSICAL damage --------
-------- Block all physical damage from the Archmage --------
If - Conditions
(target has buff Berserk) Equal to True
Then - Actions
Set amount = (amount x 0.50)
Else - Actions
Game - Display to (All players) for 10.00 seconds the text: ((Name of source) + ( damages + ((Name of target) + ( with damage: + (|cffff0000 + (String(amount)))))))
-------- End of Actions for PHYISCAL damage --------
Else - Actions
If - Conditions
damageType Equal to SPELL
Then - Actions
-------- Actions for SPELL damage --------
Game - Display to (All players) for 10.00 seconds the text: ((Name of source) + ( damages + ((Name of target) + ( with damage: + (|cff6495ed + (String(amount)))))))
-------- End of Actions for SPELL damage --------
Else - Actions
-------- Actions for CODE damage --------
Game - Display to (All players) for 10.00 seconds the text: ((Name of source) + ( damages + ((Name of target) + ( with damage: + (|cff32cd32 + (String(amount)))))))
-------- End of Actions for CODE damage --------

[/trigger]

Level 25
This is only for one spell so I'm not gunna bother getting a DDS. I've noticed that basic attacks do no damage to when Berserk is negative and damaging spells seem to recover hit points too, whether this is changed depending on the percentage is unknown but it's a cool thing I've now learnt! Totally using it as an ultimate!!!

Thanks anyway!!!
So that's how Abaddons ulti from dota works..

Status
Not open for further replies.