• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Quick question based off thorns + damage bonus from berserk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
If lets say i have a unit with both a 10% thorns aura and a berserk ability that increases damage taken by 100%

in this case a unit with 100 damage attacks the buffed unit.

The situation for the thorns aura is that it takes 10 damage in return.

But when the berserk is activated and the unit then deals a 100% bonus of 100 damage to the target which is a total of 200 damage, does the return damage return 10% of the new damage? (base damage + damage bonus taken) and return 20 damage now?

I would think so - but it's easy to test! Create a unit with 500000 hp, give it the two abilities, where berserk is grossly exaggerated - and create some creep to hit him, find out a prox - dmg return per hit - then activate berserk, and watch. I'd like to know this too - but i'm currently doing something else, sorry, i'd have done it! oh well, nice question, btw!

Level 3
I doubt it, but its rly easy to check, why wont you?

upd: Ok, I've done it for you. I was right, Thorns deals only % from unit's damage, EXCLUDING improved damage taken from Berserk.

Status
Not open for further replies.