• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Decayed Murloc WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 45
Dunno if i should post this...abit ....scared..but ok.

now.. well, this is abit of a early wip, but i often finish my skins fast (within 1-2hrs)..

and ..don't judge its quality until i have finished.

anyway, Suggestions and such please..
like...bone weapons or..maybe a red one or something.

im actually gettin anxiety over this, so please, no harsh comments..

more progress addedx5:

Okay, hes finished now, any suggestions before i finalize it for dl?

Attachments

• MurlocDecayed.jpg
    MurlocDecayed.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 329
  • MurlocDecayedshowwip1.jpg
    MurlocDecayedshowwip1.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 208
  • MurlocDecayedshowwip2.jpg
    MurlocDecayedshowwip2.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 219
  • MurlocDecayedwip2.jpg
    MurlocDecayedwip2.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 243
  • MurlocDecayedshowwip3.jpg
    MurlocDecayedshowwip3.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 2,028
  • MurlocDecayedwip3.jpg
    MurlocDecayedwip3.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 290
  • MurlocDecayedshowwip44.jpg
    MurlocDecayedshowwip44.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 234
  • MurlocDecayedshowwip4.jpg
    MurlocDecayedshowwip4.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 255
  • MurlocDecayedwip4.jpg
    MurlocDecayedwip4.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 200
  • MurlocDecayedwip5.jpg
    MurlocDecayedwip5.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 275
  • MurlocDecayedshowwip55.jpg
    MurlocDecayedshowwip55.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 224
  • MurlocDecayedshowwip5.jpg
    MurlocDecayedshowwip5.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
Level 36
It's pretty sweet, love the bones and the face, however it would be better to colour it more of a grey-green hence the decaying? Green is usually a colour attributed to life and even though the bones are all over it would look way cooler more zombie like grey, even though it's not :p I still like it the way it is now though :)

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I like the concept, so I'm sure the end result will be good.

Maybe make the shield a sewer opening? You know the ones in the street. That look kind of like trash can covers?

Manhole cover! That's the word. That might fit the theme, and make the weapon a fishbone.

Level 12
All of your art has a cerain style of shading that I have never been able to determine. What brush types and opacity do you use? Do you use the pencil?

About this skin instead of copying the eye over the eyelid just alpha out the eyelid. That's what I did on my murloc skin. Try to have definate higlights, not having a whole part bright like on the face. Tone down most of it so you can really define the highlights. I kinda like it having lots of sewery green.

Level 45
Hmm what are you gonna do with that shield and weapon?

im going to do what chriz. said, seems like a great idea.
------

and im shading style varies sometimes, but i just use the defualt brush on psp10 with about 50% hardness and thats it.

and thnx, ill alpha the eye out and id done more progress, ill do what you suggest when i come back from a out of town drive...thingy..

EDIT: okay, more progress, ill start the shield and weapon now.

EDIT2: okay, finished, the shield was abit...hard since the wrap was horrible and couldnt make a good circle shield...tried as best as i could, and the wrap is all squished for the sword :X... anyway, suggestions before i finalise for dl?

Level 5
It's good that I found a good skin for WOO. Great, great, great
Werewulf, maybe you would join Way O foThers project? GadenbIsh is looking for a skinner. I promise to translate for you.

Level 18
it's not bad werewulf... but he just doesn't give off that dead look, at least not to me. the green, like someone said on the first page, kind of makes him look alive and well. maybe if it was a more slimey looking he would look a little more.. well, dead. I don't know though, I'm not one to talk since I have no idea how to skin, model, or even draw for that matter. Good job nonetheless on the skin though, +rep.

Level 18
I know this post is almost a week late from the last but i finally got my bloody account to work.

Well wulf... it seems to look more like painting than a skin.

i would say you need to blend the shading a little better and add a little more fine details(no point in wc3).

other than that minor shtick its a decent skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.