• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WIP: Female Dwarf Runemage - Animation 'Decay Bone' Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
WIP: Female Dwarf Runecaster - Animation 'Decay Bone' Help Needed

Yo!

So everyone loves dwarves, this is a plain fact o' life. Meaning the time has come for a female dwarf to be added to the War3 lineup.

Meet the runecaster!

dwarfrunecasterwip.jpg

D'aw, aint she a cutie? There's a problem though. You see, right now, this is her DECAY BONE animation:

decayboneanim.jpg

Yep. Almost like the 'unanimated' pose, but not quite. (The skeleton in the unanimated pose lays under an angle, instead of straight behind her).

I've tried everything and I simply aint luckin' out. When I use General Frank's how-to, her body disappears in every animation *except* the Decay Bone one. Terribly frustrating. Help!

There'll be oodles of rep. OODLES, I say. :<

Last edited:
Level 26
could you show a bigger screenshot of her face?? I think it looks a bit "strange" right now :>

oh and about your problem: GF's tutorial should actually work. But you have to set the conditions of the geoset animations for each animation to 1 if it is supposted to be visible and 0 if it should be invisible.

Level 23
Aye, thanks. I figured it out already. The problem was, General Frank's tutorial assumed there was at least one part in the Decay Bone animation that wasnt showing. My problem was the entire model showed. But I fixed it with some quick thinking and some lucky guesses.

As for the face:

dwarface.jpg

WoW female dwarf for comparison:

FDR.JPG

Think I'll get rid of that yellow stripe on the hat's skin; it doesnt really fit.

Level 23
the nose seems a bit too big

It's gotta stand out when you're looking at the unit from a further distance. More dwarvish that way.

Could you make the male version with niice anis and a cooler beard than i maybe will use him for goldrush :>

Nope, I really made this so that there'd be a *female* dwarf. There's dozens of male dwarves.

Also, what's an anis? Sounds dirty.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Based on Gul'dan (and all those Orc Wizards) is it? Well, it's pretty neat, though I dislike the skin. It's a bit too messy. Another thing, the head looks absolutely awful. I mean, hell yeah it's a dwarf but just look at that (especially the portrait, I don't know WHAT that looks like).

Oh, and what's a runecaster? :D

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Excuse my ignorance, but what's Goldrush?

And yeah, the model is rejected (until changed) because of the portrait. I'll have to start over. When I do I'll work in some more changes for an overall 'cleaner' look.

A runecaster is a caster that casts runespells, surprisingly.

.. and runespells are? Anyway, good luck with it, you've got a nice idea, you just have to put some more effort into it. :)

Level 23

Oho, wow. That is pretty awesome.

.. and runespells are? Anyway, good luck with it, you've got a nice idea, you just have to put some more effort into it. :)

Thanks, and yeah, I will.

Runespells are, in the classic sense of the fantasy genre, a 'word' consisting out of multiple seperate runes. Each rune is a different sigil, and when combined in a specific order, the runeword will cause a magic effect. Diablo2 used it too, if you've played it.

Status
Not open for further replies.